Hydaelyn Role-Players
Gossamer - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Player Directory (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Gossamer (/showthread.php?tid=1732)

Gossamer - Gossamer - 02-26-2013

I. Basic Info
  • Characters: N'klas Tia, Emelin Locke (1.0 character)
  • Primary character: N'klas Tia
  • Free Company: Unsung Heroes
  • Linkshells: Intermission

II. RP Style
  • Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):
    I generally classify myself as somewhere between medium and heavy. I'm heavily invested in storytelling and love creating (what I hope are) complex and interesting characters and seeing how they grow within an rp environment. I'll follow general/slightly planned storylines or I'll just go with the flow and see what happens as things go along. However, I'm not in-character 24/7. If I'm playing with people who aren't roleplayers, than I play exclusively OOC. If I'm in a mixed group, I might do some light rp. And if I'm with roleplayers and we decide to rp through whatever we're doing, I'm totally into it. Now, with that said, once I find myself with a good linkshell or group that I really enjoy roleplaying with, most of my game-time tends to end up in roleplaying.

• Views on RP combat and injuries:
    Combat certainly has its place in roleplay and I'm flexible with how it happens. I'm fine with something entirely emoted, something utlizing a pvp system, rolling dice, pre-planning the outcome, or just trusting my partner to emote it fairly with me and we'll just see where it goes. As for injuries, I'm fine with my character taking injuries as long as I get to decide if an attack lands. Suggestions are fine and I love being surprised, but I don't want someone else telling me they just cut off my character's finger. XD But yeah, as long as characters are roleplayed fairly within their concepts, I'm fine with whatever.

• Views on IC romance:
    I'm fine with romance and it's a fairly common part of roleplay. The one thing I just don't like seeing is when other plots are all pushed aside for something revolving entirely around romance to the point where it excludes other characters from roleplaying with whatever character is romantically involved with another. Generally, if something is getting serious, I'd prefer it to be with a character whose player I'm friendly with an trust on an OOC level, since those sorts of plots can get a bit sticky if a player confuses that OOC/IC line. I've seen it happen before and got somewhat entangled with such a situation once and it was not fun.

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):
    I absolutely adore them. There's a whole world of relationships that can be explored and there isn't really any one type that I dislike. However, I have a particular inclination towards plots exploring family relationships. And especially parent-child relationships between two who do not have a blood connection. In fact, I'll be looking for something of a mother or father figure for Niklas once I get him going.

• Views on lore:
    I'm a strong believer in adhering to the lore, but also being creative within the boundaries of the lore and world. Of course, what those boundaries are can be rather vague, especially in a world that is, by its nature, constantly evolving with new patches/quests/expansions introducing new lore or fleshing out concepts. For my first character, I tend to have someone who is a bit more "mundane" to use to explore the world and the lore. For future characters, I might get more creative.

But generally, I love seeing people explore undeveloped or untouched areas of lore (though if something is released that goes against whatever you made up, be prepared for some creative reworking XD). However, unless there's some sort of precedent, I prefer it when characters don't outright break the setting or contradict established facts.

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):
    • /say and /emote: These are almost always in-character for me. The only times they wouldn't be was if somebody engaged me in a distinctly OOC fashion (asking about game mechanics or something).
    • /party: This can be IC or OOC, depending on the needs of the group
    • /linkshell: I really prefer that they're NOT used as a constantly open IC chat room. Nothing brings me out of my immersion faster than feeling like my character is on a 24/7 skype call and people are randomly chatting as they're running around and adventuring. However, I'm fine if the linkshell chat is considered an IC "space" (like a tavern) that we're roleplaying within while doing whatever. My preferred method, however, is when a linkshell is used as IC emergency/announcements/things to push plots. I'm not gonna call up the shell to talk about how pretty these flowers are. But if my character is cornered by Beastmen somewhere, he might send out a call for help.
    • /free company: And I have similar feelings here as I do for linkshells. But overall, I prefer free company chat channel to be OOC.

III. Other Info
  • Timezone: EST
  • Contact info: PM me here. If you ask, I can give my AIM as well

~Special announcements can be found in the posts below~

RE: Gossamer - Gossamer - 08-10-2013

CHARACTERS
N'klas Tia - Main
[Image: 2013-08-0720_28_33-FINALFANTASYXIV_AReal...953cfe.png]
Race: Miqo'te, Seeker of the Sun
Class: Arcanist, eventually Summoner
Summary: He's a teenage Miqo'te and an arcanist with no formal training and only knows how to summon Carbuncle. He used to travel around with his mother, who was a bit of an explorer/archaeologist/worker of odd jobs. But when Dalamud approached 5 years ago, his mother left him with their tribe and gave him her favored gem so that Carbuncle would keep an eye on him. She then left for the battles and he hasn't seen her since. His tribe, meanwhile, was scattered by the calamity and N'klas ended up on his own in Limsa Lominsa. He joined many of the orphaned children on the streets and resorted to petty thievery to get by.

Notes: Still need to figure out his personality, since I've been bouncing around between a few different concepts recently and having trouble settling. Might try and just toss him into random rp and feel him out that way.

Emelin Locke - Alt / 1.0 Character[Image: 2013-08-0720_40_14-FINALFANTASYXIV_AReal...77b5a5.png]
Race: Hyur, Midlander
Class: Conjurer, eventually White Mage
Summary: 16-years old and incredibly immature and daydreamy, Emelin looks at life as if it were a storybook. Her family were fairly successful merchants and Emelin found her younger days often spent traveling from city to town to city with her father's caravan. She was expected to take over when she was older, but Emelin had grander dreams and wanted a life of fun and adventure. Stowing away on an airship, she finally found just that. But a life of adventure may turn out to be a bit more real than she anticipated.

Notes: Emelin was my 1.0 character, though I didn't player her heavily. I'm toying with retconning her story so that she runs away at the launch of ARR instead of 5 years ago in 1.0.