Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Looking for RP pals! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Looking for RP pals! (/showthread.php?tid=17300)

Looking for RP pals! - Ysolda Merwin - 09-21-2016

Hey there! I've been dying to RP ever since I found this site and started playing again, and would love it if some peeps out there would help me dive further into things. Big Grin I managed to get a few characters onto Balmung eventually, but their backstories are really vague and would love it if anyone out there would like to help me forge my characters' history. Maybe you could be a past friend/enemy/family member, or whatever you like! Here are the concepts for the characters I have right now;

Ysolda Merwin
A Hyur who's best described as a nerdy shut-in. While she doesn't abhor the thought of going out and being social with others, she would much rather be at home with her nose in a book. She was born to a Highlander mother and a Midlander father. Not much happens in her life outside of her usual Arcanist studies.

Ehmra Elldi
A lively and eccentric Miqo'te Keeper. Ehmra was never one to listen to her elders, and could never stay put for long. Eventually her curiosity landed her in the middle of a forest with no memory of the way back. A sudden realisation came to her, and she managed to use the positions of the stars to find her way back. She began to chart the stars herself in order to make longer trips away from home and still find her way back. Her fascination with the stars made her all the more excited when she learned of Astromancy, leading her to leave home practically for good to seek out a teacher in the craft.
(I feel like this one might need the most work, as I know Astrologians can be difficult to get right x) )

Tsetseg Borlaaq
A confident and promiscuous Xaela Au Ra. Tsetseg was born to the Borlaaq tribe but was traditionally given up after one year. He was taken into and raised by the Iriq tribe, and started to question why the tribe he was born to just threw him away. Eventually, he decided he didn't want to be part of a tribe made of rejects and abandoned the Iriq. However instead of seeking out his birth tribe he set off to become his own person, quickly adopting the new technologies of the world and becoming a gun-for-hire.

Q'rhin Tia
One of the nicest Miqo'te Seekers you may ever meet. Q'rhin was rather popular and on good terms with most of his tribe, however he was often berated by the tribe's Nuhn for choosing to focus on healing the sick and injured instead of becoming a warrior. Q'rhin was eventually asked by the other members of the tribe to challenge and take over the Nuhn's position, and after much persuasion he eventually agreed. It did not end in his favour, though, and the Nuhn, along with some of the more respected tribe members, exiled the Tia from the tribe. Now forced to find somewhere new to settle, Q'rhin offers whoever may need it his medical expertise in exchange for the coin he needs to survive.

I'd love to know what you guys think, and would love it even more if you'd like to get involved, or if you can help me change them to fit in better with the lore. Big Grin Also, if anyone knows where I can get some good RP gear at low levels, I will love you forever if you tell me. All the good stuff seems to only be available post lvl 50. x)

RE: Looking for RP pals! - Gegenji - 09-21-2016

(09-21-2016, 04:06 PM)Ysolda Merwin Wrote: Also, if anyone knows where I can get some good RP gear at low levels, I will love you forever if you tell me. All the good stuff seems to only be available post lvl 50. x)
Market Boards/Crafting buddies. There's actually a lot of level one gear that is basically just for glamour/RP stuff. They can get pretty pricey, though, so you'll have to watch out for that!

RE: Looking for RP pals! - Ysolda Merwin - 09-22-2016

(09-21-2016, 06:22 PM)Gegenji Wrote: Market Boards/Crafting buddies. There's actually a lot of level one gear that is basically just for glamour/RP stuff. They can get pretty pricey, though, so you'll have to watch out for that!

Thanks! I'll have a look around the markets, see if I can find anything I like that's fairly cheap. Just glad I don't have to raise 4 characters up to lvl 50 just to get some good RP gear (that's 4 Garuda fights, nobody deserves that x.x)!

RE: Looking for RP pals! - FullmoonFeline - 09-22-2016

Hello~ Moogle

I have two characters (Wiki links are in my sig, but they're both massive WIPs), and would love to roleplay with you. :3 My Kokari would compliment any of your four nicely. It would be nice to have her interact with another Au Ri! I know next to nothing about them, so flushing out her character is a bit of a challenge...

Erryn would also likely get along with any of your characters, though I think she'd be more inclined towards either of your males. Perhaps her and Tsetseg were hired to take down a mark? Or maybe she comes across Q'rhin while he's traveling?

RE: Looking for RP pals! - Ysolda Merwin - 09-22-2016

(09-22-2016, 04:23 PM)FullmoonFeline Wrote: Hello~ Moogle

I have two characters (Wiki links are in my sig, but they're both massive WIPs), and would love to roleplay with you. :3 My Kokari would compliment any of your four nicely. It would be nice to have her interact with another Au Ri! I know next to nothing about them, so flushing out her character is a bit of a challenge...

Erryn would also likely get along with any of your characters, though I think she'd be more inclined towards either of your males. Perhaps her and Tsetseg were hired to take down a mark? Or maybe she comes across Q'rhin while he's traveling?
Hey there! Big Grin

I'd love for any of my characters to meet yours, any time you're available just hit me up in-game, or on here if I'm not online! Yeah, Au Ra are a bit of a challenge, I've tried to get as much info on them as possible but I haven't turned up much. They're definitely a mystery. x)

I can see why! Hopefully, Ehmra won't get too jealous if she happens to run into Q'rhin. XD And I'd be all up for her and Tset to take on a job together, although I haven't gotten him to 50 on his first class so he won't have any guns (I guess he could just use...invisible guns!). x)

RE: Looking for RP pals! - Ysolda Merwin - 10-18-2016

Sneaky bump.

Gotten a few peeps interested but always seeking more! Big Grin

RE: Looking for RP pals! - SicketySix - 10-18-2016

Hey there! Attached in my Sig is the character wiki and my discord! Feel free to hit me up there or they the PM system here if you want to put something together.