Hydaelyn Role-Players
Whatcha everyone~ - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Whatcha everyone~ (/showthread.php?tid=17296)

Whatcha everyone~ - WastedShadow - 09-21-2016

Heeyy~ First off, lovely site and community. (I've been lurking a bit)

Okay so, I'm not completely "new" to FFXIV, though I'm coming up to 6 months since I started. (Maybe that's still "new" to some people? I dunno, hehe~ )

I've been interested in RPing for a while and thought, this place look like the place to dive into it all.
I play on Cerberus, in the EU Data Center, and as a skint person I can't exaclty just jump over to the "RP server" Balmung, or any others to be honest.

--MMORPG background

I've played a decent number, with Maplestory having a special place in my heart.
XIV though is by far the best one I've played and I see myself here for a good long time yet.

--RP experience

None, that I can recall, though if you think about it, just by using the in-game Emotes and /em you've done a little bit of RP already. I'm really nervous about RPing though, since I will often type too fast and mix letters around. And the light Dyslexia doesn't help matters.

--Character ideas/info

I don't have much in the way of ideas, honestly. Since I was planning to be a Light/Medium RPer anyway, I was planning to just use the character I play as currently.
Normally she is a Seeker of the Sun Miqo'te. (Though right now I've become a FemRoe for a challenge, to see how long I can last as a Race I'm personally not a big fan of.)

Her overall character and personality though I haven't really shaped all that much, I was hoping in the process of learning to RP that I'd begin to shape a personality through some of the prompts that I've seen on this site.

--How did you learn about the coalition?

I think it was by Google Searching "FFXIV Roleplay"

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?

Light-Medium, most likely more Light.

--Anything from real life you'€™re comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)

I don't know where to start with this one... So feel free to ask anything you'd like to know, I'll let you know if I don't feel like answering. <3

I thank you for perusing this Intro, and I look forward to getting to know you all more. ^^

RE: Whatcha everyone~ - Parvacake - 09-21-2016

Welcome to the forums! Feel free to poke at people Big Grin

RE: Whatcha everyone~ - Ruran - 09-21-2016

Hello, welcome!

All the way over on Cerberus! Even though you're on a different data center, you might be able to find some forum/PM RP, at the very least. I have absolutely no idea how the RP activity is over there ingame, so best of luck to you! Welcome again!

RE: Whatcha everyone~ - Gegenji - 09-21-2016

I had to look up what "skint" meant. Blush

ANYWAY, even if you can't get onto the RP servers, hopefully you can still find yourself some! We have a section here for play-by-post RP, for example, so that might be worth perusing and possibly participating in to perfect the personality you prefer for your FFXIV persona. P-words.

And there's little groups of RPers all over, I think, too. So there might be something over on Cerberus! Or on another server that has far less of a high bar to entry than Balmung. Or, if you do decide to scrounge up the cash for the transfer, keep in mind that it can move as many characters from one server to another as you'd like - so I'd recommend making a bunch of alts to bring with you should you decide to take that route. Save you a bunch of headache (and walletache!) later.

Best of luck to you and welcome to the RPC!

RE: Whatcha everyone~ - WastedShadow - 09-21-2016

Thank you for the kind and warm welcome.

I'll have a browse around the site more, see about joining in and such.

Shame that there isn't much (that I know of) of an RP scene on Cerberus. But maybe one day I'll get the cash together to jump Servers.

(Maybe I should risk it and Party Find/ Shout about looking in the game~ :p )

RE: Whatcha everyone~ - SicketySix - 09-22-2016

Dude how can you not a be a fan of Femroes?
Dem thighs bro, that be where it's all at!

RE: Whatcha everyone~ - WastedShadow - 09-23-2016

(09-22-2016, 04:33 PM)SicketySix Wrote: Dude how can you not a be a fan of Femroes?
Dem thighs bro, that be where it's all at!

Sorry, I meant that I'm not a fan of playing as them.
I find them too big and lumbering for my liking.

RE: Whatcha everyone~ - Oyuu - 09-23-2016

Hello! Welcome to the RPC. I used to play on Cerberus too over a year ago before I made the move to Balmung. When I was back there, there was a light RP presence in form of a linkshell (I think it turned into an FC) but I have no idea if it is still active or not (from a quick search on lodestone and the linkshell hall here, I don't think it exists anymore!) 

There's still probably a few RPers on there somewhere so put up a PF and shout in a busy city and you might find some. But if you want proper consistent RP, I would recommend saving up the £££ to transfer. I never regretted my choice of doing so and the EU hours on an NA server aren't too bad, the server is that busy someone is always available to play with. There's also forum/skype RP you could do as others have recommended. Good luck and welcome!

RE: Whatcha everyone~ - GhostlyMaiden - 09-23-2016

Welcome to the RPC. Smile