Hydaelyn Role-Players
/gpose is about to get amazing. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: /gpose is about to get amazing. (/showthread.php?tid=17205)

Pages: 1 2

/gpose is about to get amazing. - Ruran - 09-08-2016

According to this blog, it looks as though /gpose is getting a huge upgrade in features! Lighting, pausing your emotes, color filters, depth of field...

As someone who enjoys adding screenshots to go with their stories, this is great! The ability to pause emotes alone is going to add a bunch of storytelling and editing capabilities.

Unfortunately I can't read Japanese, so I don't know if this is being released in 3.4 or simply 'soon'. But still! SCREENSHOT HYPE.

(Edit: Should this be in FFXIV News? I don't know, I just want to discuss what people plan to do with this. +_+)

[Image: jp20160908_iw_01.png]

[Image: jp20160908_iw_11.png][Image: jp20160908_iw_10.png]

RE: /gpose is about to get amazing. - SicketySix - 09-08-2016

The skeptic in me says to good to be true, but damn this would be awesome! I dont take as many screenshots as I could, but this would certainly encourage me to take more!

RE: /gpose is about to get amazing. - Cecily Jisi - 09-08-2016

This /gpose thing... I had no idea existed. I MUST TRY IT AT ONCE!!

RE: /gpose is about to get amazing. - Fal'kre - 09-08-2016

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/001597.html

^

Confirmation here.

/yay

RE: /gpose is about to get amazing. - Ritsu - 09-08-2016

I saw!! I am so excited. I spend way too much time on taking pretty screens. I am weirdly proud of two recent ones XD

RE: /gpose is about to get amazing. - Raeje - 09-08-2016

Pausing emotes, facing camera with ease, no sun minion, oh my!!!

And...All the depth of field, lighting, vignette is all stuff I formerly had to do in the editing phase, but will now get to do right in gpose (ok, so I'm still going to go crazy with my shots in the editing phase, but knowing I still have options is nice). 

So yeah, I'm very happy about this addition.

RE: /gpose is about to get amazing. - Ruran - 09-09-2016

(09-08-2016, 04:47 PM)Cecily Jisi Wrote: This /gpose thing... I had no idea existed. I MUST TRY IT AT ONCE!!

Right now it's pretty lackluster. Use an emote (optional), type /gpose, and your character will face the camera and loop that emote endlessly. You can spin the camera around, click/tab between targets (like minions), and it has a nice static depth of field, but that's ultimately it right now.

People are already so creative with screenshots, I'd love to see almost a comic book-type story made by posing characters and such. I'm trying not to get my hopes too high for this, but it's an idea to consider!

RE: /gpose is about to get amazing. - Sunwins - 09-09-2016

I'm super excited for this, imagine the possibilitiessss.

RE: /gpose is about to get amazing. - Gegenji - 09-09-2016

You can also shift the camera's angle and whatnot a bit with the WASD keys (and I guess the directional keys on controller? I dunno.) which I learned somewhat recently. Helps for angling down for the smaller races, giving more dynamic angles in general, and applying things like the Rule of Thirds and Negative Space. Which are, like, the only two artsy photography-esque terms I know. Blush

RE: /gpose is about to get amazing. - Kodie - 09-09-2016

I love /gpose as it is now, I'm going to love it even more after the patch. Though can you imagine people doing this in the middle of the dungeons? "Why did Joe suddenly stop?" "Oh he's editing a /gpose shot" XD

I can't wait to mess with it.

RE: /gpose is about to get amazing. - Aya - 09-09-2016

Oh wow! :-X

RE: /gpose is about to get amazing. - Raeje - 09-09-2016

So exposure, Saturation, color balance,curves, highlight and shadow, threshold,  levels, HSL, tilt shift,more filters, and the ablility to double expose, mask and and overlay are next on the list, right? Right? Tell me I'm right just to please me!

RE: /gpose is about to get amazing. - Memith - 09-15-2016

I don't post much, But for this. Allow me to express my excitement.

/becomes an actual rocket

RE: /gpose is about to get amazing. - Cecily Jisi - 09-15-2016

Yeah, /gpose definitely needs this. Then we can turn FFXIV into Instagram. And I am OK with that.

RE: /gpose is about to get amazing. - Dreams of Priapia - 09-18-2016

*screenshot, screenshot, screenshot*

"...You're gonna need a bigger hard drive."

[Image: tumblr_n6fg6fWGnu1s9816mo1_500.gif]