Hydaelyn Role-Players
Yo-kai Watch Event! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Yo-kai Watch Event! (/showthread.php?tid=16791)

Pages: 1 2 3

Yo-kai Watch Event! - Gabineaux - 07-22-2016

Or is it You-kai like the url suggests?

We knew it was coming, but were we prepared for it to have THIS MUCH STUFF TO OBTAIN?
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2016/youkai-watch/

RE: Yo-kai Watch Event! - Morningstar1337 - 07-22-2016

As long as the Weapons can be stored in the Armoire I am, Tongue

Just a side note, This works like the Atma step for the Zodiac and the initial step for the Anima, that means FATEs, that means likely mi to low drop rates an that means a certain adamantoise in Southern Thanalan will likely have his days numbered

RE: Yo-kai Watch Event! - Cecily Jisi - 07-22-2016

I was wondering when it would come to North America. This is actually rather exciting and hope FFXIV will do more crossover events like this in the future.

RE: Yo-kai Watch Event! - Gegenji - 07-22-2016

I'm just glad it's sticking around until October. That's a lot of stuff to do if you want to get everything. Farming for medals for the minions, then going into FATEs with those minions to get OTHER medals that you can turn in for weapons. Also, getting all the minions so you can get the mount. Depending on the medal cost, this could be a lengthy endeavor if you're one of them competition types (like I can be).

RE: Yo-kai Watch Event! - Kilieit - 07-22-2016

I'll probably try and get the minions... and hopefully by then someone will have verified if you can store the weapons in the armoire or not.

Because bag space, yo.

Not sure if I'll do this on my alts or not (I usually strive for limited event completion on all of my alts). Guess it depends on how difficult it turns out to be on my main - because, you know, I do have seven of the buggers. That's a lot of FATEs, even if I just strive for "all the minions + the weapon corresponding to their main class".

RE: Yo-kai Watch Event! - Nebbs - 07-22-2016

Sorry, for me this just adds more to the side of this being a non-serious game. Though many will say it never was.

Why? 

You will find me in the corner being a grumpy old git.

RE: Yo-kai Watch Event! - ExAtomos - 07-22-2016

(07-22-2016, 08:46 AM)Gegenji Wrote: I'm just glad it's sticking around until October. That's a lot of stuff to do if you want to get everything. Farming for medals for the minions, then going into FATEs with those minions to get OTHER medals that you can turn in for weapons. Also, getting all the minions so you can get the mount. Depending on the medal cost, this could be a lengthy endeavor if you're one of them competition types (like I can be).

ALL THE GRINDING! \o/

I'm also happy to see that you can get medals on both silver and gold FATE results. That will make things way easier.

I'll have one character get everything for sure, but it will depend on just how much of a pain in the ass it is as to whether I'll go for more than just 1 or two weapons on my other characters. It might be a good time to finish getting atma for the old relics that have been laying around for years... >.>

Also, I was rather annoyed with this crossover til I actually watched some of the show. It's like bizarro world pokemon. It still doesn't "go with" ffxiv imo, but the show is just so je ne sais quoi that I'm fine with grinding for these items. Methdog went from being cringey to my favorite character of the set. xD

RE: Yo-kai Watch Event! - Edgar - 07-22-2016

Because this game wasn't grindy enough, right?

RE: Yo-kai Watch Event! - Star Lin - 07-22-2016

Well, I'll use this to finally level up NIN on Tanya (my main) and all the other classes I'm going to do on her.  For John and Kestlona, well, I'll use it to level up their magic (John) and War (Kest).  Not sure if I'll try to get all the minions on Kest or not but I'll wait and see what the drop rate on Tanya is for this.

RE: Yo-kai Watch Event! - CrimsonMars - 07-22-2016

Yo-kai Watch in XIV? That's... an odd choice. Are we gonna get Tomagotchi next?

RE: Yo-kai Watch Event! - Edgar - 07-22-2016

(07-22-2016, 06:26 PM)CrimsonMars Wrote: Yo-kai Watch in XIV? That's... an odd choice. Are we gonna get Tomagotchi next?

A thousand and one FATEs involving cleaning up poop. Guh.

RE: Yo-kai Watch Event! - Edda - 07-22-2016

Personally I find these... creatures to be over-designed and annoying to look at, and the weapon rewards are not much better. However, I will commit myself to this for the sake of having such a silly looking mount. If I can't throw the weapons immediately into my armoire and have to wait some unknown amount of time to do so, I will face God and walk backwards into hell.

RE: Yo-kai Watch Event! - Caspar - 07-22-2016

It's canon, calling it now. Whismobiles will be the new hotness, don't be caught dead in the sea of clouds without one.

RE: Yo-kai Watch Event! - Madda - 07-23-2016

Dammit. This makes Madda wanna play again. The companions look so god damn adorable.

RE: Yo-kai Watch Event! - ExAtomos - 07-23-2016

(07-22-2016, 09:18 PM)Edda Wrote: If I can't throw the weapons immediately into my armoire and have to wait some unknown amount of time to do so, I will face God and walk backwards into hell.

SE did away with the armoire delay some time back. Smile