Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] (Overhauled post, connection suggestions!) An android in eorzea! Calling all Garleans - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] (Overhauled post, connection suggestions!) An android in eorzea! Calling all Garleans (/showthread.php?tid=16623)

(Overhauled post, connection suggestions!) An android in eorzea! Calling all Garleans - Kousagi - 07-04-2016

[ The Vision ]
Yes, to any fellow Marvel fans out there—he's *that* Vision.
This is something of an AU, and this android boy is lost as fuck in Eorzea.

[Image: 0zUB204.png]

Returning player coming back to play and RP. Phantasia'd into this guy and decided I was going to play a Marvel character expy because why not. 

No prior knowledge of Marvel or the MCU films (Iron Man, Captain America, Age of Ultron, etc.) is necessary to run with this guy, the only thing that stays the same is that he's a pseudo-philosophical android who broods in binary.

[Image: tumblr_o9u16bX2v41uc47wgo3_540.png]
[sub](His "awakening" in Eorzea can be found here, Log #1)[/sub]

[sup]“From the ruins of the Praetorium, I awoke. Too late to aid my operators and too soon to fully understand the circumstance of my creation. I walk the realm with curiosity of a world and people I only know I had been made to destroy.” [/sup]

He looks synthetic, like his skin is some kind of plastoid and his motions/voice have a mechanical quality to it. I'm thinking he might actually be ancient tech that Garleans excavated and modified to fit their use (a la Ultima Weapon) but the Praetorium was destroyed before they could finish tweaking the plastoid Au'Ri man. Perhaps he may be an Allagan creation, perhaps something else entirely—his databases are damaged and he knows only that he is over five thousand years displaced in time. 

The only thing that mattered to him enough to remain in his memory banks was a certain girl who is long, long gone, but haunting him all the same.

Other than that, Eorzea is an alien place to him.

He woke up in the rubble, not fully recalling his creators or his purpose for creation. 

He is a blank slate with no knowledge of whatever powers he may have (if he has any) and seems to simply wander amongst the people of Eorzea looking for some kind of purpose. 

So what could we connect on?
• Any Garlean roleplayers who had a hand in the science-side of the Praetorium or Castrums? Perhaps they may be aware of an unsettling project, an unearthed fossil of a man buried in a coffin found in Allagan ruins, but clearly un-decayed. He is machine and reacts to electricity and crystal energy—and, perhaps, a quiet project performed on the side of the research that birthed the Ultima Weapon?

• Any who reside in Mor Dhona, in general, who may have seen an Au'Ri man of odd, synthetic-looking flesh making awkward conversation. Perhaps, you thought, he was simply an Au Ra refugee suffering culture shock—but the more you stared, the more you thought, "...something looks peculiar about the man. Somehow false."

• Any who wander dungeons and crypts and may have come across a slightly inhuman-seeming defender—he is a tank and protector by nature, who wanders the catacombs of Eorzea seeking the missing links between when he is from and now. Should you ever be lost in the crypts, separated from your party, and seen a red ghost of sorts who destroyed your assailant, perhaps you may have crossed paths with the Vision.

• Scholars who travel Eorzea's libraries—Vision is often found lurking amongst these locations, forever taking in information to find some kind of place in the world. He is a man of quiet conversation—kind, but slightly unsettling. There is something off about him. 

• Perhaps you are a frequenter of many taverns and have heard rumors of "the automaton" — a few clerics of the realm have begun telling stories of a man, no, a creation, that does not bleed when injured, and has the shine of metal beneath his scarlet flesh. Surely, it must be nonsense—however, with the rumors of the monstrosities defeated by the heroes of light, perhaps you may wonder just what oddities may be awakening in Eorzea?

Other RP Notes:
His creators (salvagers) - I'm totally down to connect him to any Garlean players who would be aware of him and are interested in playing the role of the Garlean scientists who salvaged him. He's obviously Allagan technology, but I don't want to play him being this all-powerful weapon (because OP characters are no fun.) He's a weapon, just as good as any hired hand (though it helps that if his head got lobbed off, they could sew it back on.) 

His friends - Of course, totally down to have him bond with other adventurers in Eorzea. Whoever he comes across, positively, he will be protective of and adopt as an "order to protect" in his mind. He is a Pally tank, and his desire is only to protect those he cares about—as he describes it, he is on the side of life. Perhaps his salvagers who had intended him as a weapon may have had the wrong idea about a synthetic man.

His enemies - Those who hate him because he looks Au'Ri and those who hate him because they may understand he is an automaton, some kind of sorcery, some kind of witchcraft. The same evil that brought about the Calamity, perhaps. They don't understand him and don't want to understand him. They've heard the rumors and know only that the world is safer without a weapon of such humanoid manner—these are people who would seek to dismantle "The Vision" and may have their own agendas for doing so.

His mentors - Scholars and great warriors—he looks up to those of great power and has a large amount of humility to him. Vision does not know his own power or the extent of his creator's intended purpose for him (and tbh, I might not even explore that in in-game RP, and just save it for tumblr logs, I like playing him as more vulnerable.) He has only the gift of vitality/endurance, but lacks necessary knowledge of warfare and above all, he lacks the knowledge of social interaction. His heart is in the right place—but his heart is awkward and mechanical. 

Feel free to jump right in!
[And follow on tumblr: the-vision-of-eorzea]

RE: Anyone interested in a robot? - DoomsdayClock - 07-04-2016

Retelling of Marvel characters in different time periods and settings has been a thing for some time....
If done well, there is probably a good degree of merit and interest that can come from an importing of a story, and fitting it properly into the setting of another place...similar to how they did 1602.
I don't think I'd mind meeting this char with a few of my own, if only just to see how the conversations go.

That said, i DO see an Anthony Stark running around Ul'dah some times...so that may be someone you also want to get in touch with.
If he were a blachsmith of some sort...that would be pretty awesome.
I think there was a player, Otto Van, who was trying to combine materia with gear ICly for a Stark like effect for a bit too back in the day.
Certainly angles to consider...

RE: (Overhauled post, connection suggestions!) An android in eorzea! Calling all Garleans - Kousagi - 07-08-2016

Thus far, I've met the lovely Captain Ameowica, ha~ but it was more a, "Oh my god, a talking toaster!" said the toaster to the other toaster moment.

Definitely opening up the character for more than just Marvel or Marvel-inspired, and overhauling the post for literally anyone interested in running with an automaton.

Hit me up, guys!