Hydaelyn Role-Players
FFXIV's next expansion to be revealed during October Fanfest - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: FFXIV's next expansion to be revealed during October Fanfest (/showthread.php?tid=16536)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: FFXIV's next expansion to be revealed during October Fanfest - Teadrinker - 06-25-2016

(06-25-2016, 11:23 AM)Aldotsk Wrote: SAMURAI SAMURAI SAMURAI SAMURAI SAMURAI SAMURAI SAMURAI SAMURAI

.. What? I can dream, can't I? :C :C :C

Samurai very much need to be this:

[Image: 3b726c46e806f716668d0a1592525cde.jpg]

And not this:

[Image: 1162c794f34e1b6e1597d9fac2fdf062.jpg]

My inner weeb is probably blatantly showing but a good friend of mine and I have this headcannon where the plot of the Samurai takes you through the war for Doma vs. The Garleans and it's super reminiscent of the conflict of the transfer to the Meiji era...

WHAT IT SOUNDS COOL LEMMIE ALONE.

RE: FFXIV's next expansion to be revealed during October Fanfest - Zephyo - 06-25-2016

(06-25-2016, 11:23 AM)Aldotsk Wrote: SAMURAI SAMURAI SAMURAI SAMURAI SAMURAI SAMURAI SAMURAI SAMURAI

Samurai would be nice, bu-
RED MAGE RED MAGE RED MAGE REDMAGE REDMAGEREDMAGE

*reverently foams at the mouth*

RE: FFXIV's next expansion to be revealed during October Fanfest - Meishali - 06-25-2016

(06-25-2016, 08:20 PM)Zephyo Wrote:

Samurai would be nice, bu-
RED MAGE RED MAGE RED MAGE REDMAGE REDMAGEREDMAGE

*reverently foams at the mouth*

I was about to post AGGRESSIVELY about the fact that I COULDN'T BE THE ONLY ONE ROOTING FOR RDM AS THE NEXT CLASS.

Think about it! Some kind... of... Melee bard... With... A rapier(?).

RE: FFXIV's next expansion to be revealed during October Fanfest - Zephyo - 06-25-2016

(06-25-2016, 08:42 PM)Meishali Wrote: I was about to post AGGRESSIVELY about the fact that I COULDN'T BE THE ONLY ONE ROOTING FOR RDM AS THE NEXT CLASS.

Hm...I don't know all the classes through and through, so I can't really recommend game mechanics.  But it'd probably work best as an extra class, like DRK. Given the classic vibe of the red (rad) mage, maybe it could be a multi-role class that could Paradigm Shift between roles.

RE: FFXIV's next expansion to be revealed during October Fanfest - Meishali - 06-25-2016

(06-25-2016, 08:57 PM)Zephyo Wrote:
(06-25-2016, 08:42 PM)Meishali Wrote: I was about to post AGGRESSIVELY about the fact that I COULDN'T BE THE ONLY ONE ROOTING FOR RDM AS THE NEXT CLASS.

Hm...I don't know all the classes through and through, so I can't really recommend game mechanics.  But it'd probably work best as an extra class, like DRK. Given the classic vibe of the red (rad) mage, maybe it could be a multi-role class that could Paradigm Shift between roles.

I was definitely suggesting it as an extra class. Red mage GO!

I'm mostly concerned about the potential, new abilities we might get for ourselves. My hotbar is already packed, no matter the class. Perhaps we will get 'specializations' that will change some of our spells (and rotations in the process)?

RE: FFXIV's next expansion to be revealed during October Fanfest - Gabineaux - 06-25-2016

So.. so what's the new race gonna be if we just go to Ala Mhigo?

...BIGGER.. BETTER.. MORE HAIRY HIGHLANDERS? Tongue

RE: FFXIV's next expansion to be revealed during October Fanfest - Maril - 06-25-2016

(06-25-2016, 09:43 PM)Arvid Greave Wrote: So.. so what's the new race gonna be if we just go to Ala Mhigo?

Patch Notes for 4.0: 

* Highlander male model now has 4 different eyebrows to choose from. All existing Highlander males get a fantasia for free so they can have eyebrows. We're sorry.

RE: FFXIV's next expansion to be revealed during October Fanfest - Pascaleret - 06-25-2016

(06-25-2016, 09:43 PM)Arvid Greave Wrote: So.. so what's the new race gonna be if we just go to Ala Mhigo?

Miqo'te with bunny ears slapped on, obviously

RE: FFXIV's next expansion to be revealed during October Fanfest - Gabineaux - 06-25-2016

(06-25-2016, 09:56 PM)Nailah Wrote:

Patch Notes for 4.0: 

* Highlander male model now has 4 different eyebrows to choose from. All existing Highlander males get a fantasia for free so they can have eyebrows. We're sorry.

We can only hope.

(06-25-2016, 10:02 PM)Threed Crowley Wrote:

Miqo'te with bunny ears slapped on, obviously

If they're tall and creaturelike I'm good with it.

RE: FFXIV's next expansion to be revealed during October Fanfest - Kellach Woods - 06-25-2016

(06-25-2016, 03:54 PM)Graeham Wrote: We also know that Ala Mhigans aren't particularly nice or stable people and almost conquered Eorzea themselves before Garlemald took over their homeland. Hopefully the developers won't paint the Ala Mhigans are purely good and righteous in favour of making everything related to Garlemald evil and horrid.

This is incredibly selfish of me but please ruin Ala Mhigo.

I don't care how, just do it.

This thread is a great example why it needs to be done.

RE: FFXIV's next expansion to be revealed during October Fanfest - Griffith! - 06-26-2016

I want samurai as a dps class. I also want them to dual-wield paired swords, with a katana and wakizashi (long and short), but unlike MNK or NIN, I want them to be two separate items. The shield slot is underutilized.

As for RDM, I'm actually in favor of a different weapon - rather than a rapier, something like a whip.

And a new race would be awesome - Viera look-alike or otherwise - but I'd rather they were shorter, rather than tall. We have so many tall races already.

And if I got to pick, I'd want to see something more like the Ronso anyway.

But mostly, I want new areas. Ishgard is cool, and all, but I want to see Garlemald already.

RE: FFXIV's next expansion to be revealed during October Fanfest - V'aleera - 06-26-2016

If they do a new race I'd like to see Ivalice style Moogles.

RE: FFXIV's next expansion to be revealed during October Fanfest - LiadansWhisper - 06-26-2016

(06-26-2016, 02:25 AM)Valeera Wrote: If they do a new race I'd like to see Ivalice style Moogles.

That would be a bit of a nightmare for them to fix armor for.

RE: FFXIV's next expansion to be revealed during October Fanfest - Momo - 06-26-2016

I agree, it would be pretty hard to fix armors...still rooting for smaller Hummingway type rabbit people, we do indeed have so many medium to tall races >,<;;;

I am all for both SAM (because ronin types will never get old to me) and RDM (because fencing through highschool and college, then being a mage lover ontop), but I think all these new shinies per expansion will need to start changing how we do the job/class mechanics.

Is anyone else hoping in anyway shape or form for a skip ability? Like, at the very least for subsequent characters or -something-. I can only do so much leveling on alts while trying to do content and trying to RP >.>;;;

RE: FFXIV's next expansion to be revealed during October Fanfest - Kilieit - 06-26-2016

(06-26-2016, 11:59 AM)Momo Wrote: Is anyone else hoping in anyway shape or form for a skip ability? Like, at the very least for subsequent characters or -something-. I can only do so much leveling on alts while trying to do content and trying to RP >.>;;;

Armoury bonus being per-account instead of per-character would be absolutely amazing. Utilises tuning for an existing system, still doesn't speed you through MSQ on your first go around, and rewards you properly for finishing on one character before the rest.