Hydaelyn Role-Players
Yssen Van - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Player Directory (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Yssen Van (/showthread.php?tid=1633)

Yssen Van - Yssen - 02-05-2013

I. Basic Info
  • Characters:Yssen Van, Hope Van
  • Primary character:Yssen Van
  • Linkshells:Shimmer Song
  • Primary RP linkshell:Shimmer Song

II. RP Style
  • Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):
    Mmmmm. Complex question. I am usually always some percentage of IC at all times, unless there are IC circumstances that prevent it. If one of my characters is stuck in Gridania for X reason and I am running around Ul'dah for instance. Still, I tend to hang out/idle in the locations my character is actually supposed to be. The point is, to some degree I am always IC, even if it is in my own head space. There is really no point I am not up for RP on some level.

• Views on RP combat and injuries:
    They are often times necessary. I have no problems having a character be injured, like at all. When you win all the time and come out unscathed, you are boring. Combat is tricky with me. I tend to prefer collaborative storytelling/typing it out for most combat, but I am flexible and understand that other methods are needed. Kinda not a fan of /random, or similar systems. They seem to fall flat in execution in my experience, too much raw luck involved. Creative solutions, go!

• Views on IC romance:
    From an IC stand point? Bring it! Relationships of all kinds define a character and add to shared experience, why leave any out. IC romance is fine, great, and wonderful. It leads a character down neat roads and totally shift's their priorities. When stuff gets all murky in the OOC area, problems occur. When the IC/OOC bleed gets too whacky, I tend to think it is time to have a talk about the fact that I am not in fact the creation I am portraying. I tend to cross that bridge when it comes to it though, giving everyone the benefit of the doubt. ^ ^

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):
    See above. I will add though that I am hugely into collaboration. Just because this stuff is defined on a wiki or in my head does not mean I am not open to shifting a few things around to slip a few surprises in here and there. I tend to leave holes or spaces in things specifically for these purposes, and dance around like a kitty on catnip when stuff like that crops up. Not kidding.

• Views on lore:
    Lore is a pretty good place to start and stick to. When everyone starts being the special snowflake (or ignore bits and bobs of lore they don't like) it detracts from the overall experience a bit. Lore should not reduce anyone's possible creativity, though. Rules are meant to be bent or broken (with in reason) when creative bits comes up. What am I trying to accomplish/put out there? Can I do it without breaking and twisting lore to a crazy extent? Is it worth breaking and twisting lore to do it? These are the questions I usually ask myself when such things come up. That said, I am never going to tell someone they are wrong for their own messing around with lore, and expect the same courtesy from others. I do reserve the right to have my character think a character is crazy bonkers when they throw out something really really outrageous though. First rule of improv is "always accept, never deny." Works for most things.

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):
    Always in say and public. That is my rule unless some circumstance or general politeness calls for something different. For /linkshell it depends on the shell. IC? Then everything in there is IC unless otherwise indicated, and vice versa for OOC shells. Simple things are best sometimes.

III. Other Info
  • Timezone:Central
  • Contact info:Eisengrin on zee Skype.

~Special announcements can be found in the posts below~

Oh look, a wiki link.
Yssen's wiki.