Hydaelyn Role-Players
A post about hellos. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: A post about hellos. (/showthread.php?tid=1629)

Pages: 1 2

A post about hellos. - Vairemont - 02-04-2013

Hello all!  After stal- err.. lurk- no wait.  Browsing the forum and wiki for the past little while I've emerged from my little corner to wave at all you fantastic folk.  I will no doubt return to my silent watching again, but now that I have an account I may pop out to add a voice here and there.

For anyone interested, or simply bored while waiting for the beta to be released, I'll jot down my little background here.

MMORPG Background

I started out with WoW.  Played from beta to Cataclysm, though I took a few breaks here and there.  I didn't start roleplaying in an MMO until just past Burning Crusade, so a couple years into the game.  Though WoW was my main, I did play quite a few others.  Vanguard, Aion, City of Villains/Heroes, LotRO, GW2, EQ2, and I'm sure I'm missing a few others.  All in all a good eight years of experience.  I hadn't tried out FFXIV 1.0, but look forward to it's release now!

RP Experience

Forum roleplay came first, largely made up of Gaia Online.  That was, at best, a learning experience.  I then evolved into the MMO scene, and haven't looked back since.  It's become such a large part of my online experience that I usually put it above anything I may do in-game.  While fast paced in-game RP is my forte, I have kept a journal for most of my characters to switch up the pace and I think tends to add more explanation and depth to their actions.

Character Ideas/Info

As I am new to the Final Fantasy 'verse, I really would love any constructive criticism or suggestions/thoughts.  I usually create my characters around my chosen race and class when first delving into a game so as to not make many mistakes, and the personality usually fills them out the most.

As you may have noticed from the name, I really love the Lalafell in this series.  I've always stuck with the small races in most games.  See Gnomes for WoW, Dwarves for LotRO, etc.  Anyway, as I haven't played any of the classes/jobs yet, this is open to change but I'm starting with a pugilist/monk.  This little monk will have a cheerful and friendly demeanor, with a religious bend to it, possibly leading to fanaticism.  To not clump this up too much, I'll post what I have in the Wiki when I can.

How did you learn about the coalition?

I ran across your Wiki when googling about FFXIV's races and then never really left.

What Kind of a Role-player are you aiming to be?  Light, Medium, or Heavy?

In one word, Medium.  To explain more concisely, I plan on role-playing as often as possible.  Within cities, out leveling, and inside dungeons if possible!  That being said, I also enjoy chatting with others out of character as well.  I think the best way to put it is that I'll be a constant potential role-player, who can jump out of OOC whenever RP comes up.

Anything from Real Life you're comfortable with sharing?

I'm a fairly open person!  My actual name's Steve, I'm 22 and live in Canada.  I work full-time, and am often online in the early to late afternoons during the weekdays and almost all the time during the weekends.

Now then, back to my corner.. Tonberry

RE: A post about hellos. - Deirdre - 02-04-2013

YAY CANADA!

Hi I'm Deirdre and I'll be you wiki guide~
We're actually in the process of redoing the wiki entirely, so look forward to that! Any questions just let one of us know, we're a helpful bunch ^-^

RE: A post about hellos. - Aysun - 02-04-2013

Noooo don't go back to the corner! D:

Welcome! :3

I can't think of anything else to say~ Hope to see you around on the forums and in game! Did you apply for beta yet?

RE: A post about hellos. - Abaigeal - 02-04-2013

*waves to the Stal-er...lurk--er...new person!*
Hi! Welcome!! Smile Don't hide in the corner too long...it might get lonely....

RE: A post about hellos. - Gerik - 02-04-2013

Yeah you better get back in the corner!
/tosses beads

Just kidding! Hiiiii, welcome.

RE: A post about hellos. - Knave - 02-04-2013

*huddles down in the corner with you*

Hey. How's it goin'.

RE: A post about hellos. - Vairemont - 02-04-2013

Ah!  People!

Deirdre - I have done quite a bit of research by myself, but I know I'm no lore guru, so I shall ask if I do have any questions, thank you!  New Canada buddies are always welcome!

Aysun - My corner is so comfy though!  And I shall strive to post on the forums, but you shall certainly see me in-game!  I have applied, yes!  I eagerly look forward to it.

Abaigeal - *waves!*  Hello to you too!  If I get too lonely I shall come out for awkwardly honest posts and then retreat once more.

Gerik - *plays with beads* Hello to you too! Hurrah new friends!

Knave - *shares comfy blankets* Hey to you too! :3

Thank you for the welcoming posts!  It's good to be here!

RE: A post about hellos. - Weffrey - 02-04-2013

Welcome! The people here are so helpful, so if needed ask anything!

RE: A post about hellos. - TheLastCandle - 02-04-2013

Your avatar. I approve. Thumbsup

Welcome to the RPC! Looking forward to playing with your little monk.

*waves from his corner*

Weffrey - Hello!  Yes, and quite friendly too!  I'll be sure to ask if I need anything, thank you!

Teveriel - Heh, thanks!  As I don't have an in-game appearance to go off of yet, I had thought this would be suitable until then.  Glad you approve!  And I am eagerly awaiting to play with the rest of you, as well!

RE: A post about hellos. - Merri - 02-04-2013

Welcome to the RPC!

Good to have you.

Thank you, Merri!  It's certainly good to be here.  Everyone's so friendly and helpful, it's great.

RE: A post about hellos. - Xenedra - 02-05-2013

Gah-reetings and welcome~ Take your place amongst the stars! Dazed I really just wanted to use this silly icon : D

RE: A post about hellos. - Eva - 02-05-2013

Domo arigato Dotoro Ranitoro~ (sorry couldn't resist! Laugh )

Ahriman Welcome to the RPC!! Looking forward to meeting you in game~

RE: A post about hellos. - Vairemont - 02-05-2013

Hello to you as well Xenedra!  If it's all the same, I'll just watch the stars. 

Thank you, Eva!  I can't wait much longer for the game to come out and see you all!  (And it's quite all right, it fits rather well doesn't it?)