Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Kilieit's Eidolons - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Player Directory (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Kilieit's Eidolons (/showthread.php?tid=15603)

Kilieit's Eidolons - Kilieit - 03-21-2016

I. Basic Info

II. Contact Info
  • Timezone: United Kingdom (GMT / BST)
  • Contact: Tumblr (checked every day). Twitter (checked every day).
    IGN: Aghurlal Qar-akimusun (if I'm in a party, I'm probably already RPing).

III. RP Style
  • ★
  • TL;DR:
    ✦ Message me to plot before starting a scene.
    ✦ You'll enjoy RP with me most if you enjoy LGBT and mental illness themes.
    ✦ Let me know if you're comfortable with mature themes, such as violence or sex; I won't include them if you don't say.
    ✦ Don't Echo without my permission & input.
    ✦ I reserve the right to withdraw from or retcon out a scene, at any time, for any reason. You are afforded the same right.

• ★
  • Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):
    Medium aspiring to heavy. I have very few IRL commitments to tend to, but I do have a chronic illness that impacts my ability to do things (including RP). I also haven't reached endgame yet, let alone with all of my characters, so I need time to do that as well; and bear in mind I have multiple characters I intend to RP regularly, too.

My overall RP policy is thusly:

"We are here to write a fun, quality scene, with a satisfying narrative outcome for both parties."

Therefore I like a little bit of planning before diving in, even if it's very simple or short-term. It means we can potentially spot similarities in, say, our characters' backstories, and guide the conversation towards something that would get them actually talking rather than just chatting.

I also reserve the right to, as a last resort in several situations, retcon a character, storyline, relationship, etc. out of my character's backstory and character development. I also extend the same right to my RP partners. On my end, this would most likely happen if the RP ends up upsetting me OOC, if it ends up "cornering" my character and stopping them from developing, if we fall out OOC, or if you disappear on me without warning for more than about a month.

★
  • Views on RP combat and injuries:
    Player consent is mandatory. From inception, to execution, to healing, to resolution. Long-term RP injuries require forethought and permission. So does healing those injuries, and the extent to which injuries are healed by a given player-administered treatment.

Combat RP itself is tricky because I've yet to find a way of doing it that I like. Best guess right now is deciding beforehand with the other RPer what the outcome is going to be (in terms of who wins, how, by how much, and with what injuries), and then improvising how they get there.

RP combat should not be about getting a one-up over the other party OOCly, especially when it's PC vs PC. That's no fun. That's not to say no one can ever lose - it's to say that if someone loses, it should be because they've OOCly agreed that their character should lose, and that it will be fun.

Needless to say, if I don't trust someone to have that sort of cooperative spirit in mind going into the combat, I won't enter the RP with them.

When RPing healing, I consult with the player being healed as to what they want the healing to achieve (do you want your character to be back to normal, or to have a potentially fatal injury reduced down to a recovery time of a couple weeks, or what?). Once I know that, I roleplay my character's actions to facilitate that outcome.

★
  • Views on IC romance:
    Love it. I love exploring romantic relationships in RP. I have rules about it, though, b/c as much as I enjoy it I've definitely had some problems in the past:

✦ There has to be IC chemistry!
    ✦ I have to trust you at a basic level OOC! This includes not to be a creep about it! If I think you're in it out of hopes for an OOC relationship, for example, I won't be happy going ahead.
    ✦ You can't have a problem with gay, lesbian, bisexual, pansexual, or asexual characters.
    ✦ As above, with polyamorous characters.
    ✦ As above, with transgender characters.
    ✦ I won't change things about my characters to make it more convenient to you or your character, or to make the romance run smoother.
    ✦ Default for NSFW scenes is fade-to-black!
    ✦ If you want anything else, you must reliably confirm that you are over 21 years of age. This is a hard limit.
    ✦ I reserve the same right to retcon a relationship out, in part or entirely, and extend the same to you.

If those are a problem, we can just stay away from romantic RP; it's no big deal.

★
  • Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):
    Up front gonna say, for practical purposes, all of Aghurlal's family are dead. Yes, all of them. So there's no possibilities there specifically. My other characters mostly have living relatives, though, so I'm open to that if our characters have the right kind of chemistry and we get along OOC.

As for other kinds of non-romantic RP, I think I just enjoy exploring people's relationships in general, so I'm definitely open to it. Friends, found family, "moirails", hateships, colleagues, rivals... go for it. Pitch an idea at me, tell me why you think it's good, I'll probably agree and add to your points, and we can go for it.

Some of the same rules from above apply:
    ✦ There has to be IC chemistry!
    ✦ I have to trust you at a basic level OOC!
    ✦ I reserve the same right to retcon a relationship out, in part or entirely, and extend the same to you.

★
  • Views on lore:
    Honestly... fun > "letter of the lore", within reason.

I'd call what I do interpreting the spirit of the lore, to the best of my abilities, and executing concepts within that. The fandom I'm from is the Warcraft fandom, where the lore is held together with wishful thinking and Chris Metzen's wacky daydreams, so I picked up some arguably bad habits about interpreting the lore pretty loosely... but it makes it fun IMO, and at the end of the day, that's what RP is meant to be about.

I say "within reason" because I hold that if the concept would invariably require other RPers to re-write their story or their character's role in the world in order to fit yours in, then it's better suited to private RP among friends.

And for specific things:
    ✦ I'm OK with Echo-based RP (all of my characters have the Echo in one form or another), but we must plot beforehand. If we haven't plotted, I won't include my character's Echo in any major way, and I'd appreciate it if you didn't either.
    ✦ I would rather not be approached by other people's interpretations of canon characters, especially in-game. I consider this a power-play/god-mode, as these characters wield a level of power and influence well beyond what most people roleplay.
    ✦ I didn't see the content as it came out. I don't know which quest belongs to what patch, and other things like that. Please don't yell at me for "spoilers" for stuff that came out a good while ago.
    ✦ Sometimes, my characters will be mistaken about the nature of something. I'd appreciate it if you didn't assume I share their misconceptions. I roleplay to roleplay; if I want/need lore advice, I'll receive it during OOC conversation, not an RP session.

★
  • Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):
    I prefer to keep emotes in /em and speech in /say; I type very quickly, so I tend to write 3-4 chat lines in quick succession, then wait a little to let my partner reply. But that's just me. I recognise other people have different preferences, and it doesn't really bother me.

If it's a closed RP session, I'd rather hold it in /p. IMO it's not fair on others to have a conversation in /s, but then if they try to join in, rebuff them OOCly.

I guess I see IC linkshell as like a Vent/Teamspeak server for our characters?? In other words, you're not going to be getting visual feedback on what a person is doing. But again, that's... me.

★ Special announcements can be found in the posts below ★

I intend to use this thread to announce when a new character profile is completed, when a major development is made regarding my character's whereabouts or potential roleplay hooks, when a character of mine becomes unavailable, or if my boundaries regarding roleplay change in any major way. Update posts about the latter will include both the old and new text in the update post, for comparison's sake; I will edit this original post to reflect the new information.

Minor Edit Log
  • 15/05 Moved around paragraphs in "Views on lore" section. Content remains the same.
  • 15/05 Updated MSQ completion.
  • 20/05 Updated MSQ completion.
  • 14/06 Updated MSQ completion.
  • 20/10 Updated linkshell listing.
  • 20/10 Updated MSQ completion.

RE: Kilieit's Eidolons - Kilieit - 04-25-2016

★ Kanshi no Shuukami's profile is now completed.

It can be viewed on the RPC Wiki here, or on my tumblr here.

RE: Kilieit's Eidolons - Kilieit - 05-21-2016

★ Confiance desFerme's profile is now completed.

RE: Kilieit's Eidolons - Kilieit - 06-13-2016

★ Liuthas Corwell's profile is now completed.

--

★ All eight of my Balmung character profiles are now complete.

The full roster can be reviewed on the RPC wiki here, or on my tumblr here.

--

★ Added content to the "Linkshells" section of my profile.
★ Updated availability status regarding the "Contact" sections of my profile.

RE: Kilieit's Eidolons - Kilieit - 06-19-2016

★ Updated Aghurlal's information on the wiki and my tumblr to reflect the fact he now lives in an apartment.

★ Updated Caiden's images on the wiki and my tumblr to reflect her new appearance.
✦ This is a "retcon" change; in other words, from an in-character perspective, she can be considered to have always looked the way she does now.

RE: Kilieit's Eidolons - Kilieit - 10-19-2016

★ Altered the original post to reflect the fact that Aghurlal's in-game name now matches his in-character name; both being Aghurlal Qar-akimusun.

★ As of tomorrow, Cinu-a Malaguld's in-game name shall also match his in-character name.