Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hello, new to the FF universe - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Hello, new to the FF universe (/showthread.php?tid=15480)

Hello, new to the FF universe - Sun'ra - 03-07-2016

Hello everyone! 

Uh, started playing this game... Three or so days ago with my friend(Who I do not think has registered yet), and am still trying to get the hang of things.

Neither of us are new to RP, with myself having roleplayed on forums for a bit over a decade now. Still, we both do feel a wee bit lost when it comes to RPing on this MMO. Recently switched our characters to Balmung, and currently researching various information on the races, geography, and timeline to try and build a suitable history. 

Ahhh, so, yeah, hope we're able to fit in here and find a good group of people to play with and whatnot.

RE: Hello, new to the FF universe - Gegenji - 03-07-2016

Welcome to the wonderful world of MMO RP! As one whose first MMO RP experience was here on Balmung, my best recommendation is to find some characters that catch your interest and go talk with them. Thumbsup

And don't stress too much about having all your ducks in a row. Having a general idea of what your characters are and where they're going should be enough. And if you have any questions at all about lore and whatnot, feel free to snoop around here on the forums. There's plenty of useful information here, and helpful folks if you have questions that haven't been touched on yet. Wink

RE: Hello, new to the FF universe - Sun'ra - 03-07-2016

Ah! Thank you for the welcome and advice! Currently I am doing a.. similar thing... Observing a bit of the actual RP unfold to see about the flow of things. Looks pretty cool. Will work up to actually interacting with others soon. Probably want to write out a profile first, I think.

=D Already doing a bit of snooping in that regard so it seems I am on the right track. Also reading the myriad of profiles on the wiki. It is all so much to try and take in at once, but very interesting so that is nice.

RE: Hello, new to the FF universe - Sounsyy - 03-08-2016

(03-07-2016, 10:42 PM)Kelari Wrote: Still, we both do feel a wee bit lost when it comes to RPing on this MMO. Recently switched our characters to Balmung, and currently researching various information on the races, geography, and timeline to try and build a suitable history. 

Welcome to Eorzea and the RPC! Hopefully this bit of lore will help you out! ^^ Let us know if you have more questions!

Eorzean Lore Starter Kit
-Racial Lore Compilation
-Class/Job Lore Compilation
-Hydaelyn Geography Lore
-Eorzean City-states' Political Structures Lore
-Eorzean Units of Time and Measurement Lore

RE: Hello, new to the FF universe - JudicialHunter - 03-08-2016

Welcome to Eorzea and the RPC! *confetti*

I'd be happy to RP with you in-game or via PM on any of my girls! Their wikis are in my signature. I usually offer up Rihxo first for newer people since she's the most agreeable ^^

Shoot me a PM if you're interested in RPing sometime!

RE: Hello, new to the FF universe - Faye - 03-08-2016

Hello there, welcome to FFXIV to the both of you! Big Grin

RE: Hello, new to the FF universe - Yon - 03-08-2016

Hey there! I'm also new to the game. I hope we can both find a good feel for everything! :0

RE: Hello, new to the FF universe - Sun'ra - 03-08-2016

(03-08-2016, 12:11 AM)Sounsyy Wrote:
(03-07-2016, 10:42 PM)Kel Wrote: Still, we both do feel a wee bit lost when it comes to RPing on this MMO. Recently switched our characters to Balmung, and currently researching various information on the races, geography, and timeline to try and build a suitable history. 

Welcome to Eorzea and the RPC! Hopefully this bit of lore will help you out! ^^ Let us know if you have more questions!

Eorzean Lore Starter Kit
-Racial Lore Compilation
-Class/Job Lore Compilation
-Hydaelyn Geography Lore
-Eorzean City-states' Political Structures Lore
-Eorzean Units of Time and Measurement Lore

Oh wow, yeah! Those links are super helpful, thank you! Was wondering about a few of those things.

(03-08-2016, 12:25 AM)JudicialHunter Wrote: Welcome to Eorzea and the RPC! *confetti*

I'd be happy to RP with you in-game or via PM on any of my girls! Their wikis are in my signature. I usually offer up Rihxo first for newer people since she's the most agreeable ^^

Shoot me a PM if you're interested in RPing sometime!

Thank you! That would be great actually. I'll read the wikis in a bit. Though I still am trying to hash out all the details for my own character, but perhaps some light interaction could help that process along. I will shoot you a message when I am ready.

(03-08-2016, 12:33 AM)Faye Wrote: Hello there, welcome to FFXIV to the both of you! Big Grin

Hi, thank you for the welcome! It feels really fun, and thus far we are enjoying it a lot!

(03-08-2016, 02:06 AM)Yon Wrote: Hey there! I'm also new to the game. I hope we can both find a good feel for everything! :0

Hi! Awesome! Same. How long have you been playing for? Perhaps we can all meet up in game sometime to explore.

RE: Hello, new to the FF universe - Roe Dad - 03-15-2016

Welcome

RE: Hello, new to the FF universe - Yssen - 03-15-2016

Welcome welcomes.