Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] RP'er looking to start an abuse support group - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] RP'er looking to start an abuse support group (/showthread.php?tid=15427)

RP'er looking to start an abuse support group - RisingManes - 03-02-2016

Hey. Apologies for the OOC post.

I roleplay a wandering mage-type character as of late. 

Or rather, I would if I had some kind of support. I had been trampled on by other, less-than-nice RP'ers in the past, to the point that I can't even walk up to people anymore. I thought about quitting RP altogether. 

Then I realized I don't have to leave the game on such a horrid note. I can get RP'ers who have been similarly abused by other players, emotionally or otherwise. We could talk about our experiences and actually grow as people.

If this interests you, or if you're sympathetic to that, my name in Balmung is Mara Ileres.

RE: RP'er looking to start an abuse support group - Makara Kali - 03-02-2016

I'm really sorry you've had bad RP experiences. I've yet to experience things like that, but I don't like the idea that others have. While I can't share any tales, I'm always here with an open ear! Mine or Kali's!

Please don't hesitate to find me on Balmung and friend me!

RE: RP'er looking to start an abuse support group - Roe Dad - 03-02-2016

I would be interested in this.

RE: RP'er looking to start an abuse support group - RisingManes - 03-02-2016

Wow, I can't believe there's so many interested in this. I might end up making a linkshell for this; Hugs & Cake is getting really full.

RE: RP'er looking to start an abuse support group - desmond28 - 03-05-2016

I'm definitely sympathetic since I've RP'd with you a bit here and there. I still remember meeting you back when I starting RPing in FFXIV. Maybe we should make it happen more often... ;-)

Sorry to see you've had it rough. You've always been cool in my book.

RE: RP'er looking to start an abuse support group - Lydia Lightfoot - 03-06-2016

Alas, the world of imagination is a substantial drawing power for people whose psychiatric state is one that doesn't function well in the world of reality. I sympathize with what you've been through, having encountered plenty of it myself over the years. 

Say hi in-game any time! I'm most often on my characters O'sena Rhen and Summer Holly of late.

RE: RP'er looking to start an abuse support group - Cassandra - 03-06-2016

Sadly, people can be cruel, whether intentional or not. I've had my fair share of "bad experiences" over the years. That all said, feel free to message me anytime. I'm usually on often with Cassandra. ^^

RE: RP'er looking to start an abuse support group - Wendigo - 03-11-2016

Hey there, we already have a bit of that going. There's as you mentioned LS Hugs and Cakes focused around positive environment and idea of being excellent to each other. I think it's not full at the moment, it fulls sometimes but there are regular activity checks and in general lately there's more people leaving the game and becoming inactive than coming.

We also have bit of an smaller group based around RP project of The Fated Inn - place where you can always find some smaller scale character based RP wrapped around the idea of a hideout and a safe place for all those in need. We have OOC LS for everyone affiliated with the Inn and very nice community formed there made mostly from people who have some bad previous RP/community experience and like to RP together and help each other. We are trying to involve people who are afraid to get into RP, shylings, people who have previous bad guild experience or just have hard time finding good RP, simply everyone who could use bit of help and wants to do the same for others.

Or as I like to say it's place for terminally nice.

If you'd like to learn more about The Fated Inn you can check our website http://thefated.enjin.com or our post about it here on forums.
To join our LS you can poke me (Grumbling Behemoth) ingame and of course so can you if you'd just like to talk. I don't mind.