Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Wannabe Merchant Queen LF Connections - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Wannabe Merchant Queen LF Connections (/showthread.php?tid=15329)

Wannabe Merchant Queen LF Connections - GhostlyMaiden - 02-22-2016

[Image: G9lDfXb.png]
Kanako Moonweaver

"Call me Kanako Moonweaver, Kana if it pleases ya. Don't forget it."
This is often the line she uses when introducing herself. Considering what she deals with, she doesn't want her name to be forgotten because if it is, no one will notice the trading company that she is trying to start. No one remembers her, no profit, no profit means no job.

Kanako at a glance doesn't look much like a professional merchant, however, once the conversation moves on along, it becomes more apparent that she knows whats she is dealing with and what she is talking about.

When she isn't worried about making trade deals, she is often lounging in some nearby tavern, only taking a sip of a drink or two and then hoping someone will be willing to buy her more. Unlike her sister Mamiko Moonweaver, Kanako is rather informal and laid back. She'll talk about just about anything and speak what is on her mind. Her downfall is that she is short tempered. When something doesn't going her way or even worse then she planned it, she'll begin to curse like a sailor. It has gotten to a point where she has learned to keep her composure out in public, but once she is alone or with her sister, she wont hesitate in expressing how she really feels.

You can find her just about anywhere, although she does spend most of her time in Gridania. This is mainly because she has to help her sister with the animal skin sales. It may no longer be their largest profit like it use to be, it's still nice to keep the trade going as some people still rely on the animal skins they collect. If she isn't in Gridania, take a look around Ul'dah. She'll either be in the Quicksand or at Pearl Lane. Not in Ul'dah? Then look to Limsa Lominsa. You may not find her here very often, but she still has to complete trade deals. Sometimes she just goes to enjoy the beautiful weather and the smell of the ocean.

If you wish to know her backstory, by all means check out the wiki. I haven't worked on all of the details and the writing hasn't been cleaned up yet. I used some 'filler' names because I couldn't think of any names at the time. With that in mind, I don't wish to give a brief summary of her backstory here.

Seeking connections:

-Other Merchants
     She relies on making trade deals and sales. If she doesn't make other connections, then she wont make any profit, no profit means no home.
-Drinking Buddies (aka. friends)
     Considering that she hangs out at the Quicksand often, she'll talk to a lot of people. Hoping to get some long-term friends instead of just 'one conversation' connections.
-Other performers
     Did I mention she was a dancer? No? Well she is and although her sister is a great dancing partner, she would prefer to expand her horizons.
-Rivals
    Weather is be business rivals or personal rivals, i'm sure she will make a few rivals down the road.
-Future FC Members
    Although she has the ambition to start her own trading company, she hasn't set things in motion yet. First she needs people who are actually willing to work with her and help get her ideas rolling.

OOC information:
Kanako is an alt and not level 50 yet. Bare in mind that I am always open for RP, but walks ups happen less often since I am leveling like crazy. Sometimes I wont even RP with her after leveling, i'll switch back to Nanagi. I think it's a good idea that I made this thread because it'll get me more involved in RP that isn't with Nanagi.

I'm on the East Coast! My availability on weekdays (excluding Thursday) are 5:30pm-9:00pm (sometimes 8pm). On weekends its usually from 10:00am-3:00am.
Not also am I available for in-game RP, but I also don't mind forum RP. You may choose whatever is more convenient for you. 

RE: Wannabe Merchant Queen LF Connections - JudicialHunter - 02-22-2016

Talk to the Kanako! Ghostie's an awesome RPer and I love her. <3*
*I am definitely not biased in any way shape or form nope. BUT REALLY SHE'S AWESOME.

I play Mamiko Moonweaver, and eventually I'll get around to making her wiki. Feel free to say hi if you see us around!

RE: Wannabe Merchant Queen LF Connections - GhostlyMaiden - 02-25-2016

(02-22-2016, 03:33 PM)JudicialHunter Wrote: Talk to the Kanako! Ghostie's an awesome RPer and I love her. <3*
*I am definitely not biased in any way shape or form nope. BUT REALLY SHE'S AWESOME.

I play Mamiko Moonweaver, and eventually I'll get around to making her wiki. Feel free to say hi if you see us around!
Just thought i'd give a lil bump and also reply to the post!
She already had three characters she had to manage, and now a fourth. I thank her for being willing to help me with the character concepts. ^_^

Surprisingly enough, you may not find the two sisters together very often. Why? Because of their preferences. Also because we both have completely different schedules on weekdays and we often don't see each other in-game.

RE: Wannabe Merchant Queen LF Connections - T'shina - 02-25-2016

I currently play Mayu as a little Trade Princess herself. Though, most of her trade does not specifically go on in Eorzea. She brings in wares and goods from all over the world to Eorzea and other continents and oversees most of it through paperwork and talking to the Captains she has in charge. So, perhaps they can become fast friends!

RE: Wannabe Merchant Queen LF Connections - GhostlyMaiden - 02-26-2016

(02-25-2016, 05:42 PM)T Wrote: I currently play Mayu as a little Trade Princess herself. Though, most of her trade does not specifically go on in Eorzea. She brings in wares and goods from all over the world to Eorzea and other continents and oversees most of it through paperwork and talking to the Captains she has in charge. So, perhaps they can become fast friends!

Your character is cute. ^_^
I most likely wont be on Kanako today because of the <WoE> event, but I should be on Saturday. I would love to meet your character and if you have any preference as to where we should RP, let me know. Remember, I am also up for forum RP.

RE: Wannabe Merchant Queen LF Connections - SicketySix - 02-26-2016

Nanagi!

We need to be drinking buddies! I will add you on my new character I've been playing. Character name is Liberty Valence.

RE: Wannabe Merchant Queen LF Connections - GhostlyMaiden - 02-26-2016

(02-26-2016, 10:21 AM)R Wrote: Nanagi!

We need to be drinking buddies! I will add you on my new character I've been playing. Character name is Liberty Valence.

Heyo! \o/
I'll be sure to look out for you. I'll say the same thing I told T'shina. I probably wont be on until Saturday. I hope i'll be able to catch you then.

RE: Wannabe Merchant Queen LF Connections - OttoVann - 02-26-2016

Well I was all for you until you said you don't look like much.

Put on that suit, and wear it with pride.

RE: Wannabe Merchant Queen LF Connections - ExAtomos - 02-26-2016

(I'm throwing my FC leader under the bus here. :3 )

Feel free to check out Messrs. Miscellany & Mundane Free Company. I am SURE Mr. Plantagenet will be happy to speak with another ambitious merchant. You are welcome to visit the Aldenard Trade Bureau (Goblet, ward 3, plot 34) at any time.

Thumbsup

RE: Wannabe Merchant Queen LF Connections - GhostlyMaiden - 03-02-2016

Sorry that I missed you guys, I wasn't online for as long as I thought it would be. Since i've caught up with all of the content I wish to run through in 3.2, i'll be on Kanako more often. It'll be easier to find me and if you ever wan to RP with me and i'm in-game, just send a /tell my way. Even if it says i'm OOC, still let me know so when I do decide to RP, i'll know who all to look for.

RE: Wannabe Merchant Queen LF Connections - C'kayah Polaali - 03-03-2016

Is she strictly a legitimate businesswoman? If not, I have a few characters on the south side of the law, and it would be fun to have RP around that.

RE: Wannabe Merchant Queen LF Connections - GhostlyMaiden - 03-03-2016

(03-03-2016, 02:53 PM)Setoh Aliapoh Wrote: Is she strictly a legitimate businesswoman? If not, I have a few characters on the south side of the law, and it would be fun to have RP around that.

She isn't "strictly a legitimate businesswoman", she'll bend a few rules and play dirty to get what she wants, or help another party benefit (if said party will somehow benefit her in the end). She has even done some dealings with black markets, but that is only rare occasions.