Hydaelyn Role-Players
Your Character's Voice! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Fun Prompts (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Thread: Your Character's Voice! (/showthread.php?tid=15298)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Your Character's Voice! - Mia Moui - 12-25-2016

[youtube]cP1eycjZ3k4[/youtube]

Erica Mendez as Ryuuko Matoi

Mia's sarcastic wit and her self-defensive braggadocio would be very well served by Erica Mendez.

RE: Your Character's Voice! - Reylin - 12-26-2016

Much of the speech I used from Justified as well as some of the attitude, along with a good helping of Malcom Reynolds.  The idea of a cowboy ninja just sounded fun so, I went with it.

[youtube]6vNRZCLgxng[/youtube]

[youtube]-eqnu1N8bu8[/youtube]

RE: Your Character's Voice! - Rosehip - 12-26-2016

Raine would be voiced by Heather Headley.
And this song incidentally seem to work fairly well for an Ala Mhigan refugee

[youtube]zZnElTagIRw[/youtube]

RE: Your Character's Voice! - Kisa Treani - 01-11-2017

I am surprised no one has claimed her yet. Kisa would be Kari Wahlgren

https://youtu.be/M6Zsq3Lada8

This scene in Teen Titans vs the Justice League (neat movie btw) actually shows perfectly the range of emotions Kisa would show. Incredulity at her privacy being invaded, then the immediate stark but soft tone in answering Damian and then the caring but forceful tone in defending her choices and her charges... all the while the overly tone of wisdom and caring for the person she is talking to...

I actually think the line in the video where Starfire pops off with 'How much do you have to know when people are in need" is a perfect example of who Kisa is. She doesn't care if she doesn't have knowledge... she just knows that people need help. This is Kisa and Kari Wahlgren is just awesome all around ^.^

RE: Your Character's Voice! - CrimsonAir - 01-13-2017

Aight, none of you can match Annabelle's voice.

[youtube]K8E_zMLCRNg[/youtube]

RE: Your Character's Voice! - Trishelle - 01-13-2017

Name: Trishelle Kimishima! 
Gender/Race: Female Plainsfolk Lalafell
[Image: fQp8WGBy.jpg]

English voice claim: Beli Lapran from HuniePop
[youtube]dGWwW1iGSls[/youtube]

Japanese voice claim: Karen Hojo
[youtube]9ME6QjDclRI[/youtube]

Enjoy~! ;D

RE: Your Character's Voice! - Corelyn - 01-16-2017

Updated post below~♪

RE: Your Character's Voice! - threefaced - 03-28-2017

To be entirely fair, I'm such a flip-flopper when it comes to voiceclaims and all that jazz. But to be honest, there's always been one that's kinda stuck.

Luze Wyrth: Raen Au Ra

[Image: 9c93196172b4206b110aff3d2815f3e3.png]

His voice is a particularly odd mashup of Godforbid from That Handsome Devil and "Male Voice 3" From Saints Row 3 and 4 (We'll slap a good ole' language warning for that clipset. It's SR3.) .

[youtube]wGYvTw-UFK0[/youtube]

[youtube]L7AK68c72Cs[/youtube]

RE: Your Character's Voice! - Sylentmana - 04-03-2017

For Celica, I'm torn between three voices.
I like Laura Bailey's voice, especially her Saint's Row 3 voice, as at least one other person has already mentioned:

I also really like Colleen Clinkenbeard's voice as Erza:
This one is especially relevant as Celica is loosely based on Erza, though much less serious in personality.

Lastly, I like Ami Koshimizu's voice for Ryuko Matoi, though Erica Mendez is pretty good too:

For Ayane, its easy. The voice of Ryoka Yuzaki for Satsuki Kiryuin:

RE: Your Character's Voice! - Corelyn - 04-07-2017

Seems I only did Corelyn and Dail'a's voices! Time to get Hali and Neilas's voice claims in here too.

Corelyn Rosefire:

Billie Piper
[youtube]cn9fZKQilPo[/youtube]

Dail'a Naras:

Taron Egerton
[youtube]r0UtJ23Yauk[/youtube]

Neilas sas Seles:

Bundlecramp Creepypatch
[youtube]B7XIUxyTi_8[/youtube]

Hali Naras:

Adriana Figueroa
[youtube]55jUPGweSVo[/youtube]

RE: Your Character's Voice! - SapphireSkylines - 04-10-2017

Awhile back I said that Zhara's talking voice was Ariel-ish. And at the time I hadn't really decided on a singing voice reference for her. In WYNG her voice is directly in the middle, being the third highest voice out of the five so I wanted to find something that was close to alto, but slightly higher.

Demi Lovato isn't my favorite female vocalist of all time, but her range is crazy and she's the closest I could get to a voice I could see Zhara having.

[youtube]WDAd0S92Uko[/youtube]

RE: Your Character's Voice! - Parth Makeo - 04-14-2017

i think this will suffice for Not Insane Xyla :3

[youtube]Ma9y0kDmLJU[/youtube]

RE: Your Character's Voice! - Griffith! - 05-05-2017

For this young pirate?
[Image: tumblr_opi1h0o8c51srw9ieo1_400.jpg]
His most obvious influence:
[youtube]VvyZruSs3ds[/youtube]
Geoffrey Rush as Captain Hector Barbossa.

RE: Your Character's Voice! - Kidkaboom1 - 05-05-2017

With the whole idea of Raul being homage to the story of Joseph Bugman, master Dwarven Brewer of the Warhammer Fantasy world, I always pictured him as... Scottish. Or at least Cockney.

Then I started playing Total War:Warhammer, and met Thorgrim Grudgebearer, High king of the Dwarves in that setting - And that right there told me exactly what Raul should sound like.