Hydaelyn Role-Players
Your Character's Voice! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Fun Prompts (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Thread: Your Character's Voice! (/showthread.php?tid=15298)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Your Character's Voice! - Parvacake - 10-29-2016

After years, I finally found Lili's voice.

[youtube]PTCkUvb53HQ[/youtube]

RE: Your Character's Voice! - Koen - 10-29-2016

I normally use the Hound as an example, since he's generally pretty neutral when he speaks and they have the similarities of both being big Scottish men swinging around greatswords. Liam Neeson is closer when considering age though, so he'd probably be more accurate.
Show Content
Show Content

RE: Your Character's Voice! - Hyrist - 10-29-2016

[Image: h7XrXsZ.png]
Lin's voice is a touch softer than this, but the Ashera's voice, the calm and deep that belies Lin's small stature. (@56 seconds)

https://youtu.be/e3zwxXKmAFQ?t=56s

More to come.

RE: Your Character's Voice! - Gideon Aryeh - 10-29-2016

Gideon sounds like Idris Elba

[Image: tumblr_mws7j9xRRu1rpa2kfo1_500.jpg]

RE: Your Character's Voice! - AquiziTC - 11-05-2016

The guy who plays Marluxia (Pink hair, not the redhead), I think it's Kieth Ferguson. That is Tenrilaux's voice, definitely.

https://youtu.be/CNUBmQVeMG0

RE: Your Character's Voice! - luxemas - 11-08-2016

My FC was actually having this discussion the other day. I figured Tali'ra would be voice by someone like Max Mittelman

[youtube]_FkG9dtiDZ8[/youtube]

Gentle and proper, but not overtly posh.

RE: Your Character's Voice! - Ookami Sora - 12-07-2016

Poco from Poco's Udon World!

RE: Your Character's Voice! - Illyriana - 12-09-2016

[youtube]qMlTkqpVx9I[/youtube]

As absolutely silly and stupid as this video is... this is the closest thing I can think of that matches Illyriana Maxima's voice. She's a super petite Au Ra Raen, she barely weighs 90 ponz and I've always described her as having a tiny, lark like voice. Minus the silly of this video and make the voice a bit calmer/shy and there it is! <3 

[Image: 15s4y3b.jpg]

RE: Your Character's Voice! - Gegenji - 12-09-2016

Earlier in this very thread, I mentioned not really having a voice match figured out. I mentioned Chachan having a sort of Kid Gohan-style build and thus kind of threw out Gohan's voice but... I always felt it was too scratchy for the little Lalafell.

Amusingly, though, Caspar at one point mentioned that the Japanese VA for Parappa the Rapper might actually work. And while it's a bit sleepy (at least in the clip I found), it definitely works better in my mind. Give it a bit more pep and it might work as a good Chachan voice, I suppose?

[youtube]gLDOCxolPZM[/youtube]

I think this is the same person. Apparently it's also the Japanese VA for Sora from Kingdom Hearts, so there's that too!

[youtube]X_uOlg0z-jo[/youtube]

RE: Your Character's Voice! - Iteza - 12-13-2016

(12-09-2016, 11:19 AM)Gegenji Wrote: Earlier in this very thread, I mentioned not really having a voice match figured out. I mentioned Chachan having a sort of Kid Gohan-style build and thus kind of threw out Gohan's voice but... I always felt it was too scratchy for the little Lalafell.

Amusingly, though, Caspar at one point mentioned that the Japanese VA for Parappa the Rapper might actually work. And while it's a bit sleepy (at least in the clip I found), it definitely works better in my mind. Give it a bit more pep and it might work as a good Chachan voice, I suppose?

[youtube]gLDOCxolPZM[/youtube]

I think this is the same person. Apparently it's also the Japanese VA for Sora from Kingdom Hearts, so there's that too!

[youtube]X_uOlg0z-jo[/youtube]

Chachan's voice is exactly how pictured it! Nice pick!

Here's Wendy's speaking voice:

[youtube]rl-ALA06oCE[/youtube]

Wendy's singing voice:

[youtube]Kn7yIjVKUWM[/youtube]

RE: Your Character's Voice! - Ren of Many Alts - 12-14-2016

(10-11-2016, 02:26 PM)Ruran Wrote: Ruran's voiceclaim...is unfortunately not a very well-known actor.

The closest I've been able to picture him is with Freddie A'Brassard, the voice actor for Artorias in Dark Souls...whose lines never even made it into the actual game. >_> rip

The doubled/echoing tone works well too, since his voice can take on that effect in certain situations.

Holy smokes, this is exactly how I already imagined Ruran's voice. O_O

(02-18-2016, 04:16 PM)Gegenji Wrote: I'm always terribly bad about these sorts of things. I don't consume nearly enough visual media for stuff like "what actor would play your character" or even just "what would they sound like." So all I have usually is what little I have seen and heard, and what I have in my head the character is like.

Same, plus I don't have a very well-developed "mind's ear," so the two things together make trying to find voice examples for my character almost impossible!

Edit to add:

Well, heck. I was googling around for information about the accent Zedyr has and accidentally found what I was unconsciously drawing from when writing his speech. He's a farmboy from Western La Noscea -- specifically western Western La Noscea, or rather, where it used to be -- so he has what I describe as a "rural drawl." "I" gets dropped to "Ah," lots of g-droppin', relaxed way of talking, "I reckon" and "I figure" and "folks" and "y'all," but he throws in the occasional "aye," too, thanks to living in Limsa.

Well. Uh. Turns out I was unconsciously thinking of Clint Black:

Not that Zedyr can sing quite that nicely -- I mean, he's alright, can carry a tune and even sing a bit of harmony, but he doesn't have the range or the power of a professional. His voice is also a tiny bit lower/more relaxed overall -- more like the beginning of the song than the middle/end -- and he's quite softspoken for the most part.

RE: Your Character's Voice! - Jean L - 12-18-2016

God how do I even begin to describe Jean's voice...
I guess as some kind of odd mix of Garrett from the first three Thief games and Charlie Kelly of Always Sunny in Philadelphia fame.
[youtube]S5Glfe6UeXQ[/youtube]
plus the more gravelly tone of
[youtube]oS4QSK6EEBc[/youtube]
It makes so much more sense in my head.

RE: Your Character's Voice! - Raeje - 12-20-2016

[youtube]vv2DSmy3Tro[/youtube]

Florence! That's Raeje's Voice Claim

Wyta's male voice Claime is Michale Graves, the man behind old Misfits.
[youtube]DNyrhSsmgtM[/youtube]

This is what Wyta sounds like when he sings and plays his own music. As for when he's in drag, it doesn't really matter, because he lip sync performs anyway.

RE: Your Character's Voice! - Parvacake - 12-20-2016

(12-20-2016, 07:07 PM)Raeje Wrote: [youtube]vv2DSmy3Tro[/youtube]

Florence! That's Raeje's Voice Claim

Wyta's male voice Claime is Michale Graves, the man behind old Misfits.
[youtube]DNyrhSsmgtM[/youtube]

This is what Wyta sounds like when he sings and plays his own music. As for when he's in drag, it doesn't really matter, because he lip sync performs anyway.
Ooo lovely!

-tosses more Lili VC in here just 'cuz-

RE: Your Character's Voice! - PSDuckie - 12-20-2016

Whenever I think of Tyll'a's voice, I think of Nick Tagas' voice.  He's voicing Ethan (the character in green and white) in this cutscene from Phantasy Star Universe:

[youtube]kpmeiCKHhO0[/youtube]