Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Looking for Cross-Company Trade and Adventuring Contract Connections - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Looking for Cross-Company Trade and Adventuring Contract Connections (/showthread.php?tid=15290)

Looking for Cross-Company Trade and Adventuring Contract Connections - Evaleigh - 02-17-2016

I am hoping to stir up more concrete connections with other Free Companies wanting to revisit and expand upon an In-Character network of similarly minded players that enjoy themes of combat, trade, adventuring, research projects and more.  Rather than just run story-lines and events in the insular community of our own Company I want to branch out and include others as well.

Leveworks (formerly DELVE) has been operating for well over a year and a half but dwindling numbers have led us to once again open up our recruitment but forever and always the tag over our name has been secondary to the desire to provide compelling role-play and development to our fellow Heavy RPers.

Our scheduled events are usually 2-4 hours long (primarily on the weekends) varying in times to support both NA and EU players.  
Combat is 90% free-form for GM'd events (though the occasional roll may be requested at the event leader's discretion).  
There is an expectation that characters fit within the canon of Final Fantasy XIV (and supported fanon)
Event sign-up may be required. This is to help leaders plan as well as restrict attendance if needed.

We host events both large and small.  Small contracts will typically be 3-6 players and larger ones have grown to exponentially to upwards of 21 players (+3 GMs).

Examples of some on-going arcs we have right now...

- A Haunting by a former guest of the Company who died during a mission.
- Hunting of a voidsent accidentally unleashed
- Unraveling a series of riddles being left in treasure chests
- Countering a strange organization that seems bent on causing awkward and humorous problems

We have both an IC Linkshell and a Free Company.

My hope is to reach out to both individuals interested as well as Companies that might want to have the occasional contract brought to them ICly and they could subsequently provide a few interested parties in participating.  We've done this with other Companies in the past with mixed success.  

(Extra shout-out kudos to Nailah and Kindred who have always been a huge support <3)

RE: Looking for Cross-Company Trade and Adventuring Contract Connections - lyrax123 - 02-19-2016

(02-17-2016, 07:45 PM)Evaleigh Wrote: I am hoping to stir up more concrete connections with other Free Companies wanting to revisit and expand upon an In-Character network of similarly minded players that enjoy themes of combat, trade, adventuring, research projects and more.  Rather than just run story-lines and events in the insular community of our own Company I want to branch out and include others as well.

Leveworks (formerly DELVE) has been operating for well over a year and a half but dwindling numbers have led us to once again open up our recruitment but forever and always the tag over our name has been secondary to the desire to provide compelling role-play and development to our fellow Heavy RPers.

Our scheduled events are usually 2-4 hours long (primarily on the weekends) varying in times to support both NA and EU players.  
Combat is 90% free-form for GM'd events (though the occasional roll may be requested at the event leader's discretion).  
There is an expectation that characters fit within the canon of Final Fantasy XIV (and supported fanon)
Event sign-up may be required. This is to help leaders plan as well as restrict attendance if needed.

We host events both large and small.  Small contracts will typically be 3-6 players and larger ones have grown to exponentially to upwards of 21 players (+3 GMs).

Examples of some on-going arcs we have right now...

- A Haunting by a former guest of the Company who died during a mission.
- Hunting of a voidsent accidentally unleashed
- Unraveling a series of riddles being left in treasure chests
- Countering a strange organization that seems bent on causing awkward and humorous problems

We have both an IC Linkshell and a Free Company.

My hope is to reach out to both individuals interested as well as Companies that might want to have the occasional contract brought to them ICly and they could subsequently provide a few interested parties in participating.  We've done this with other Companies in the past with mixed success.  

(Extra shout-out kudos to Nailah and Kindred who have always been a huge support <3)
Hello! I'm definitely interested in the cross company events idea! Where can I contact you in game so we can set something up icly?

RE: Looking for Cross-Company Trade and Adventuring Contract Connections - RiniKett - 02-19-2016

Wayfarers of Eorzea would be interested in this. We love to make trade connections between merchants and other FCs that offer goods. Feel free to PM me if interested.

RE: Looking for Cross-Company Trade and Adventuring Contract Connections - Evaleigh - 02-19-2016

Hey I didn't see a character associated with this name but you can contact me in game on Evaleigh Cevas.  Alternatively I am Arielle on the Discord in case I'm not online in-game or on an alt.

RE: Looking for Cross-Company Trade and Adventuring Contract Connections - Ashe - 02-19-2016

Mythril Wings can help too.
Does supported fanon include Vana'diel? Because our company does not recognize that as canon/fanon...

Question though...
The tag over your name?
You know you can change your FC's name/Tag any time you want, right?

RE: Looking for Cross-Company Trade and Adventuring Contract Connections - Capheira - 02-19-2016

Ebonbrand deal with all things Magitek and militant security if you're ever in need of such, our doors are always open and we love interacting with different FCs.

Given the nature of our work, it's sometimes harder to get involved on a community level since it's srs biznz... but plots and investments are our bread and butter. Whether it's inspecting a piece of machinery, creating weapons, accompanying adventurers for gil or something entirelydifferent, feel free to contact myself or Septimus rem Nerva (Septimus Nerva in game) if you ever want to set something up or send someone by with some queries.

RE: Looking for Cross-Company Trade and Adventuring Contract Connections - Evaleigh - 02-19-2016

(02-19-2016, 06:54 PM)Ashe Wrote: Mythril Wings can help too.
Does supported fanon include Vana'diel? Because our company does not recognize that as canon/fanon...

Question though...
The tag over your name?
You know you can change your FC's name/Tag any time you want, right?

I am aware.  It's (LEVE) now but we've been around awhile.  Changed FC names and tag names since our inception to better fit the direction I wish to take the Company.

Does supported fanon include Vana'diel?
We are strictly inclusive of FFXIV lore not 11's.  I know some players from FFXI sometimes like to cross-over but we do not recognize this.  If you call a Miqo'te girl a Mitra we're going to consider you a crazy person.

(02-19-2016, 06:54 PM)Capheira Wrote: Ebonbrand deal with all things Magitek and militant security if you're ever in need of such, our doors are always open and we love interacting with different FCs.

Given the nature of our work, it's sometimes harder to get involved on a community level since it's srs biznz... but plots and investments are our bread and butter. Whether it's inspecting a piece of machinery, creating weapons, accompanying adventurers for gil or something entirelydifferent, feel free to contact myself or Septimus rem Nerva (Septimus Nerva in game) if you ever want to set something up or send someone by with some queries.

I would very much like to get involved with your company right down to perhaps brainstorming with you a story-arc or plotline that is mutually beneficial.  I actually have a plotline right now that deals a bit in magitek and it might be a good hook to reach out to your group for better assistance.

When is your company most active?  Is there a time of day that works best for coming by?