Hydaelyn Role-Players
LF: A Mentor for a Paladin - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: LF: A Mentor for a Paladin (/showthread.php?tid=15272)

LF: A Mentor for a Paladin - Edgar - 02-15-2016

So, it's been a few years since I started this game. In that time, I've mostly been a casual rper trying desperately to enforce some sort of story arc on my characters.

All of them have detailed backstories and reasons for being where they are today. The problem is, I'd like them all to go somewhere and they never really have. People come and go, interactions happen, and then they go nowhere significant. The reasons for this are many; a lack of general confidence in my abilities as an rper, a bad taste in my mouth from interactions with people in the past, and of course, good old fashioned procrastination. 

Today I've decided to suck it up and finally propose an idea for an arc. Upon careful consideration, I've found that Kopo is the character I'm most confident in, and I wanted to run an idea by you all that I had for the guy. First, though, some backstory:

Kopo is a knight Lalafell from beyond the Sagoli. He joined the Sworn as an pseudo-Royalist, wishing to get back at the merchants who attempted a hit on his head, having been saved just in the nick of time by one of the Sultansworn stationed about the city. As time went on he began to enjoy the position and the idea of being a knight in shining armor for the people of Ul'dah crept into his big head. Unfortunately, this clashed with the priorities of those who stated that he was devoted to protecting the Sultana and Sultana alone, as well as those who had simply believed the fight against the Syndicate's utter corruption to have been lost long ago. Kopo turned out to be quite idealistic in what he thought the Sultansworn should do and stand for, and as reality closed in, he became more and more bitter towards the whole thing.

After an argument with another Paladin brought on by their utter unwillingness to help him protect another, Kopo quit the Gallantry in a huff, announcing he was now a Free Paladin. He fled to Ishgard, and you can find him there to this day, sitting in front of the fireplace in the Forgotten Knight.

With this established, I'd like to propose a concept I had where Kopo began aiding those suffering in the Brumes of Ishgard. One day, someone sees him in action, and being a Paladin or something similar, they take him under their wing and bring out his potential to be a proper knight, perhaps even the kind of knight he decided he wanted to be from the very beginning.

If anyone likes the concept and would like to join in, or you have anything to contribute in general, please leave a reply to this thread. Thank you.

RE: LF: A Mentor for a Paladin - Cynel1 - 02-16-2016

im curious on this idea i would even despite our Characters  past differences he would be willing to put that aside to help Kopo become a knight.

RE: LF: A Mentor for a Paladin - Nebbs - 02-17-2016

Well if you want a crazy witch to engage with Nebula is definitely available. If you want to have that 'dealing with a dubious person' and maybe some knightly type quests (think classics like rescue the princess .... did I mention princess is a pig? and by rescue she is on the menu tonight)

RE: LF: A Mentor for a Paladin - As'elena - 02-21-2016

If you want to meet another Paladin, Maariya here is one! She's mostly in Ul'dah or around Thanalan however.

RE: LF: A Mentor for a Paladin - Edgar - 02-24-2016

(02-21-2016, 01:49 PM)Maariya Wrote: If you want to meet another Paladin, Maariya here is one! She's mostly in Ul'dah or around Thanalan however.

Shouldn't be too much of an issue. Kopo occasionally returns to Ul'dah, though he does so relatively disguised.