Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] N'fenya Rhun - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Player Directory (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] N'fenya Rhun (/showthread.php?tid=15191)

N'fenya Rhun - Burd - 02-09-2016

I. Basic Info 
  • Characters: N'fenya Rhun (Balmung), Hilven Morrow (Faerie)
  • Primary character: N'fenya Rhun
  • Linkshells: Ala Mhigan Resistance
  • Primary RP linkshell: See above

II. RP Style 

I've been at this for a while, and over the years, my preferences and style have evolved quite a bit - something I'm sure a lot of you have experienced. I love writing and I do a lot of it in my spare time. For me, dialogue and description are equally important to scene setting, and there's a time and place for both. I enjoy lasting plots that impact characters; pick-up tavern RP is fine and fun from time to time, but it's not something I can subsist on.
  • Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):
  • Frequency? Medium. I work full time, so I can really only commit to roleplay in the evenings and on weekends. I prefer medium to longer paragraph emotes when they make sense.

• Views on RP combat and injuries:
  • Consent, consent, consent. So long as there is ample OOC communication, I'm game to throw down. I don't take any pleasure in playing overly powerful characters, and frankly, I think defeat and injury are great catalysts for character development, so I will take my share of hits without ever bringing out the dice roller. I just expect my partner to afford me the same courtesy, or at least tell me when there is a desired outcome.

• Views on IC romance:
  • I don't usually get involved in romance-specific plots. If our characters have chemistry and develop feelings for one another through roleplay, I'll play it out, see how it goes, and if it sticks, it becomes part of the narrative, never to be ret-conned. But I don't seek it out, and I don't typically like to roleplay long-term romantic commitments. There will always be exceptions, though. It just needs to make sense for the character.

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):
  • I think these kinds of relationships are fantastic and make for very interesting roleplay. I'm not as big on establishing other player characters as family, since that calls for a little more establishment on familiar details that I often make up as I go. Friendships and business relationships however are awesome.

• Views on lore:
  • I don't really enjoy roleplaying through lore-focused plots (like setting off on an adventure to try and smoke some aether, or try and stop yet another Calamity, or anything related to GC soldiery, what have you). I do adhere to FFXIV lore restrictions and I seek out roleplayers who do the same, so proper naming conventions, racial characteristics, etc. are important to me. I'm no expert on FFXIV lore though, and I totally welcome feedback if I'm getting something wrong.

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):
  • Yay chat. Yay linkshells, especially for OOC coordination. I prefer to roleplay in the main chat channel, unless the content is dubious, in which case, I'll stick with private channels. I'm not very picky about how we sort OOC and IC though, so let me know what you prefer and I'll roll with it.

III. Other Info 
  • Timezone: UTC -7
  • Contact info: PM me here, or send me a tell in game. I'm also happy to connect on some kind of instant messenger, just let me know!

~Special announcements can be found in the posts below~

RE: N'fenya Rhun - Burd - 02-06-2017

I did a little switcheroo, so my previous main, Hilven, now lives on Faerie. My Seeker, N'fenya, is still on Balmung. She's now my primary roleplay character.