Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Might and Magitek: Valentione's Meet & Mingle! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Balmung] Might and Magitek: Valentione's Meet & Mingle! (/showthread.php?tid=15187)

Might and Magitek: Valentione's Meet & Mingle! - Kiipa Nulstat - 02-08-2016

[Image: dfd3a2d41a5e995f95c9cee78810694c.png]

Might and Magitek Presents - Meet & Mingle Night!
Theme: Valentione's

Date & Time: Saturday, February 20th, 9pm EST

-----

"Love is in the air, and it's so very easy to forget that affections of the heart begin with something as simple as a love for the same food, or the love of a bawdy joke! If the romance of the holiday has left you a little lonely and third-wheelin', Might and Magitek would love to invite you to our first ever Meet & Mingle Night! 

"In the spirit of the holiday - though the decorations will long be gone - of Valentione's, we're setting up for a humorous evening that celebrates the more playful side of l'amour, but without the strings and embarrassing morning after experience!

"So if makin' new friends and memories is your cup of tea, we hope to see you on the special day!"

- The Might and Magitek Management

-----

The OOC Stuff:

Eee! Okay, here we go again! To help smooth out this process a little more, I'm going to go down how these events are going to be handled, because the Meet & Mingle night is planned to be a monthly thing. We just decided to bring it out to play this time around!

How This Works -

Attendee's each pick up a 'wristband' from one of our staff on the main floor upon entering - if you plan on participating in the contests for goodies, you are required to have this band, as well as the partner that comes with it! Once you have a wristband, you can go into the tavern.

The tavern will be set up special for the Meet & Mingle nights - you'll find a table matching your wristband's color and that is where you and your partner will meet. This also means you'll have some others to meet and talk to, too!

We welcome couples and parties at this event, but please be aware that wristbands are handed out at random and you may end up separated from your partner and friends. This is intended and encouraged, and we will not accept requests for pairing up specific people. We want people to be extending their circles for the night - so you can bring your friends, but we want you to meet new ones, as well!

From there, the evening features different events to help you guys get to know one another in fun, if slightly silly, ways. Pairings can go get their fortunes read by one of our tarot folk, can get their picture taken for the evening (which will be posted later), participate in trivia (partners or tables), or can just sit back and get to know the people they're with.

Of course, we do have the absolute ultimate competition of the evening, because no Valentione's would be complete without it...

A Poetry Contest!

Oh yes, yes we are. Now, before you go worrying your pretty little heads about rhyming and the like, we're going to make this one ultra simple.

Entrants to the poetry contest must: be a matched color pair and have their partner in attendance. No entering in singles, sorry! Each table will receive a topic that has been mentioned throughout the evening. It is the task of the pairing to create a limerick to read to their partner on stage to be judged - using not only the theme, but something discovered about your partner related to the theme!

Judges will be looking at theme, originality, and - in true limerick fashion - bawdiness/hilarity. 

Our prizes are yet to be announced, so we'll get back to that over the next week or so. 

This thread will be updated over the next week, so check back from time to time! <3

RE: Might and Magitek: Valentione's Meet & Mingle! - Ilwe'ran - 02-08-2016

You forgot to write where it takes place Smile

RE: Might and Magitek: Valentione's Meet & Mingle! - Kiipa Nulstat - 02-08-2016

Now that is weird. My derp! I'm just so excited, and I just can't hide it.

RE: Might and Magitek: Valentione's Meet & Mingle! - Accendie - 02-13-2016

(02-08-2016, 08:39 PM)Kiipa Nulstat Wrote: Now that is weird. My derp! I'm just so excited, and I just can't hide it.

There... still isn't a location listed.... >_>.... I've got it on the calendar but folks won't know where to go without directions.

RE: Might and Magitek: Valentione's Meet & Mingle! - Kiipa Nulstat - 02-13-2016

(02-13-2016, 05:50 PM)Nefzen Wrote:
(02-08-2016, 08:39 PM)Kiipa Nulstat Wrote: Now that is weird. My derp! I'm just so excited, and I just can't hide it.

There... still isn't a location listed.... >_>.... I've got it on the calendar but folks won't know where to go without directions.

If I didn't have friends babysitting my brain space, I'd never get things done. It's there!

RE: Might and Magitek: Valentione's Meet & Mingle! - Anton Borneheld - 02-18-2016

It's gonna be FUN. Probably not as bumpin' crazy as our first night (read: CRAZY) out into the RP scene as a public tavern, but I don't see why this meet and mingle event won't go over swimmingly!

Come and play! Well. Come and talk. And.. Hug people. And learn. Yes.

RE: Might and Magitek: Valentione's Meet & Mingle! - Anton Borneheld - 02-20-2016

Well, time to start!

RE: Might and Magitek: Valentione's Meet & Mingle! - Makara Kali - 02-21-2016

This event was so much fun! I hope there's more in the future! Big Grin