Hydaelyn Role-Players
Alright class, there's a new student joining today - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Alright class, there's a new student joining today (/showthread.php?tid=15182)

Alright class, there's a new student joining today - Kaede - 02-08-2016

Hello!  I am sort of new.  I have had the game for bit, started playing, got distracted, and only recently came back at the end of January.  In an effort to align myself with the majority of the RP community, I greased some SE hands to get a transfer to Balmung.

I have been playing solo since rejoining, but that is getting very lonely. So consider this too to be a reaching out for friends. Frands. Froinds.

As a player, I'm in my late twenties, and work sometimes keeps me offline. But I am very interested in getting into some roleplay, even if only casually, and maybe joining a Free Company that doesn't mind a slightly flittery member. I have been playing and RPing in various mmo's for well over a decade now and have absolutely no expertise to show for it, don't you worry. ♥

My current character is Kaede Maibito, a wee little Raen Au Ra refugee who is very interested in firing her bow and potentially singing someday. Probably incredibly off-key. I am not SUPER well-educated with the lore but I am trying my best to learn as I go. Any assistance there would also be appreciated. A friend assures me that I will get a lot of the story from the game itself, but I am just an eetsy level 16 at the moment so it may be a while.

Also I like cats, ferrets, ponies, puppies, tiny chickens and goats and also ummm chocolate and cheese but not together.

Nice to meet you!

RE: Alright class, there's a new student joining today - Sloane - 02-08-2016

Welcome! If you're looking to be less lonely, you might look into joining an active Linkshell. You can find the LS and FC information here: http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15

Feel free to add me in game (Seren Merrick), and don't worry about if you're bothering me. I'm usually farming FATES or gambling when I'm not RPing. Wink Oh, but I'm not the person for lore questions. I'm still learning too!

RE: Alright class, there's a new student joining today - Rowe - 02-08-2016

Heya! Feel free to add me ingame as well! I'm looking for some friends to level / RP with too. I'm only level 20 and I think i'm getting the gist of it now, but my lack of FF knowledge is slowing me down a bit lore-wise.

RE: Alright class, there's a new student joining today - Warren Castille - 02-08-2016

Hi there! Welcome to the community! The LS and FC hall are handy resources for finding folks you mesh with, but I'd also like to draw attention to the Calendar tab located at the top of the page. There's a whole variety of regularly occurring events that serve as common ground for roleplayers to converge and hang out and meet new people.

I will put forward the general warning that there are established groups of friends, and trying to approach a group is a lot different than approaching a single person, but everyone's pretty friendly! Try shooting a tell first to see if someone who caught your attention would mind some company, and get out there and find some cool people!

RE: Alright class, there's a new student joining today - Sounsyy - 02-08-2016

(02-08-2016, 01:09 AM)Kaede Wrote: My current character is Kaede Maibito, a wee little Raen Au Ra refugee who is very interested in firing her bow and potentially singing someday. Probably incredibly off-key. I am not SUPER well-educated with the lore but I am trying my best to learn as I go. Any assistance there would also be appreciated. A friend assures me that I will get a lot of the story from the game itself, but I am just an eetsy level 16 at the moment so it may be a while.

Hey there! Welcome to Eorzea and the RPC! I saw a couple folks also say they weren't super up on lore, so I figured I'd drop this here:

Eorzean Lore Starter Kit
-Racial Lore Compilation
-Class/Job Lore Compilation
-Hydaelyn Geography Lore
-Eorzean City-states' Political Structures Lore
-Eorzean Units of Time and Measurement Lore

Hope this helps! ^^ Lemme know if you have more questions!