Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] SpellGuard ❄ FEB 16 ❄ 10 PM EST - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] SpellGuard ❄ FEB 16 ❄ 10 PM EST (/showthread.php?tid=15134)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: SpellGuard - JULY 22 - Fridays Fortnightly | 10 PM EST - Shoshopu - 07-21-2016

[Image: UqYor9h.png]

Spellguard XI is July 22! To celebrate the 11th Spellguard tournament, and in honor of my first MMO love, in addition to the standard gil prize, the champion Spellguardians on July 22 will receive a humble (but hella cute) set of minions from the fabled land of Vana'diel!

No, it's nothing big or terribly expensive, but just a cute little extra to sweeten the pot. Excited to see you mages tomorrow night!

RE: SpellGuard - JULY 22 - Fridays Fortnightly | 10 PM EST - Shoshopu - 07-22-2016

Hey all, just as a heads-up, some IRL stuff got sprung on me today so I probably won't be around before the event until about 9 PM EST, for people who like pre-event RP, but rest assured I'll be home well before 10 PM, and the event itself won't be interrupted. I just know people like to show up pretty early and may leave if nobody's there, and I apologize for that!! ;_;

RE: SpellGuard - JULY 22 - Fridays Fortnightly | 10 PM EST - Shoshopu - 07-22-2016

A bit of a small turnout this week, but I have a fun idea for the next time we only have three teams. (Or nine teams. Odd numbered multiples of three...)

Tonight's champions are...

Ralamano Nulumano and Tatsumi Hanateru! Congratulations!
[Image: HAo8Z2p.png]

By the way, if anyone sees Mason Clark roaming around, let him know Shoshopu has something for him!

The next Spellguard tournament will be August 5th!

RE: SpellGuard - AUG 5 - Fridays Fortnightly | 10 PM EST - Shoshopu - 08-04-2016

Spellguard XII is tomorrow night at 10 PM EST!

For those who like to show up to RP early, I have the night shift at work tomorrow night so I won't be home until sometime after 9 PM- definitely still before 10, though. See you there!

RE: SpellGuard - AUG 5 - Fridays Fortnightly | 10 PM EST - Aysa Farland - 08-05-2016

This is a great event that I wish I could come to more often. (Came once on Avila with Wicah few events ago). Hoping to attend tonight.

RE: SpellGuard - AUG 5 - Fridays Fortnightly | 10 PM EST - Shoshopu - 08-05-2016

Ugh, I'm so sorry, everyone. >< Work was horrible tonight-- there were still about two dozen people in the store 5 minutes before closing, and that was before we'd even gotten to start on cleaning up the store. I only just got home.

Seeing as I didn't get home until so late, Spellguard XII is just being postponed until August 12. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience, and hope to see you all on the 12th.

RE: SpellGuard - AUG 12 - Fridays Fortnightly | 10 PM EST - Accendie - 08-07-2016

Going to keep the same schedule or adjust accordingly?

IE: Aug 12, then Aug 19 again or Aug 12 then Aug 26?

I suggest keeping with the previous schedule and just make the 12th special.

RE: SpellGuard - AUG 12 - Fridays Fortnightly | 10 PM EST - Shoshopu - 08-07-2016

(08-07-2016, 09:44 AM)Nefzen Wrote: Going to keep the same schedule or adjust accordingly?

Ahh crap, I meant to say the 19th. Thanks for catching me. x_x Ah, what the heck, I'll keep it on the 12th anyway. The 12th and then the 19th again.

That's kinda funny that way, the 12th Spellguard being on the 12th.

RE: SpellGuard - AUG 12 - Fridays Fortnightly | 10 PM EST - Accendie - 08-07-2016

(08-07-2016, 11:58 AM)Shoshopu Wrote:
(08-07-2016, 09:44 AM)Nefzen Wrote: Going to keep the same schedule or adjust accordingly?

Ahh crap, I meant to say the 19th. Thanks for catching me. x_x Ah, what the heck, I'll keep it on the 12th anyway. The 12th and then the 19th again.

That's kinda funny that way, the 12th Spellguard being on the 12th.

IT WAS FATE!! Hydaelyn decided it would be so!!

RE: SpellGuard - AUG 12 - Fridays Fortnightly | 10 PM EST - Shoshopu - 08-11-2016

Reminder that last week's Spellguard was rescheduled due to retail BS and is tomorrow night at 10 PM! The schedule will resume as normal on the 19th.

RE: SpellGuard - AUG 12 - Fridays Fortnightly | 10 PM EST - Shoshopu - 08-12-2016

We had a great time tonight, for it to be rescheduled to a weird day! We had a lot of new faces this week, but in the end it came down to two previous champions and their teammates! After an exciting bout, Spellguard XII's champions are...

Jun'to Nharuya & Leanne Delphium! Congratulations!

[Image: WUylZbW.png]

Spellguard XIII will take place as originally scheduled, next week on the 19th!!

RE: SpellGuard - AUG 19 - Fridays Fortnightly | 10 PM EST - Shoshopu - 08-19-2016

Reminder that Spellguard XIII is in less than four hours!

RE: SpellGuard - SEP 2 - Fridays Fortnightly | 10 PM EST - Shoshopu - 08-19-2016

This week at Spellguard we had just three teams, but that gave us the opportunity to test out a new game mode-- the triangle! Essentially, the three teams form up in a triangle and attack the team clockwise to them. When one team is eliminated, the remaining two teams continue until there's just one team left! This method intended to make the first round more entertaining than just randomly giving one of those teams the "bye" and letting them sit out while the other teams get to fight, as is the normal procedure when there's an odd number of competitors/teams.

[Image: nC1lRot.png]

One team rose to the top with a decisive victory, still having three points by the time the first team was eliminated!
Give it up for Fefeko Yoyoko & Viviku Viku!
[Image: 2fifMdF.png]

I want to thank everyone for attending this week and being guinea pigs for the new game mode. The next Spellguard, Spellguard XIV, is in two weeks, September 2nd at 10 PM! Hope to see you there!

RE: SpellGuard - SEP 2 - Fridays Fortnightly | 10 PM EST - Shoshopu - 08-31-2016

A little bit of a late weekly reminder that Spellguard is this Friday at 10 PM EST!

RE: SpellGuard - SEP 2 - Fridays Fortnightly | 10 PM EST - Shoshopu - 09-02-2016

Spellguard's on in two hours! Shoshopu's around for those who like to chit-chat before the event! :3

(Might have to move the combat out to the beach tonight, the decorations for the Rising take up a huge chunk of the markets, haha)