Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Naive Wannabe-Knight Seeking Companions! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Naive Wannabe-Knight Seeking Companions! (/showthread.php?tid=15057)

Naive Wannabe-Knight Seeking Companions! - Miss Bride - 01-26-2016

I'm gonna have a lot of free time in the forseeable future, so I see no reasons why not to start actively seeking out rp partners! My active rp character at the moment is Defiant Bride, and I think that between her personality and goals, there's a lot of interesting interactions she could have with other people.
She's naive and strongly believes in other people, even when they give her reason to doubt... she always follows orders and dreams of becoming an unrealistically benign knight one day. I think there's a lot of room for people to take advantage of and use her, and I'd kind of adore if someone with far more ambitious goals wanted to manipulate her for their benefit?? She still knows little about the world at large, and that means a lot of ignorance you could use.

I'd also be happy to meet characters willing to set her straight and try to rid her of her rose-tinted glasses, whether through benign means or beating her into understanding the cruelty of the world :3c

....and then of course, all kinds of friends and companions who might want someone watching over them with the attentiveness of a sworn knight??? Look, what I'm saying is PM me here or hit me up on Balmung and let's talk! I'm all about just meeting up with new people, getting to know each other, and sparking spontaneous rp to see what catches! Don't be afraid!

(I also rp Regal Bride on Jenova but if u hit me up there I'm gonna make a lotta jokes about going into Old Man Leviathan's backyard to steal his horses and the like I'm not v serious)

RE: Naive Wannabe-Knight Seeking Companions! - Warren Castille - 01-26-2016

Hello! There are more than a few wandering (and not so wandering) knightly figures in the RP community! Ul'dah gets the most play for that due to the Free Paladin / Sultansworn stuff, though Ishgard's Temple Knights are currently the new hotness. All told, we sort of run the gamut of motivations and alignments.

To wit, there's an IC linkshell called Sultanswarm that's basically a collection of paladins/knights and the sort. If you're inclined in that direction, we could probably get you in! It's quiet most of the time, but it's there.

RE: Naive Wannabe-Knight Seeking Companions! - arkamas - 01-26-2016

I've currently been rp'ing an alt of mine that might be ideal for manipulating this poor little fellow.  Aulsoix is low Ishgardian nobility who's family lost pretty much everything but their name when the calamity struck, and aspires to get it all back one way or another.  I'll keep an eye out for you in game, and we can see what happens!

RE: Naive Wannabe-Knight Seeking Companions! - Miss Bride - 01-26-2016

Thanks so much for both of these replies!

My character is based out of Ul'dah for most of the same reasons you mentioned... I'd love to check out the linkshell sometime? I think I might wait until Defiant's a proper paladin instead of being a scrub-tier Gladiator, tho...

And Aulsoix sounds like they could be a LOT of fun to meet up with! :3c I'm usually in Thanalan these days, so I'd love to see you there!

RE: Naive Wannabe-Knight Seeking Companions! - Warren Castille - 01-26-2016

(01-26-2016, 02:18 PM)Miss Bride Wrote: Thanks so much for both of these replies!

My character is based out of Ul'dah for most of the same reasons you mentioned... I'd love to check out the linkshell sometime? I think I might wait until Defiant's a proper paladin instead of being a scrub-tier Gladiator, tho...

And Aulsoix sounds like they could be a LOT of fun to meet up with! :3c I'm usually in Thanalan these days, so I'd love to see you there!

Don't be afraid to fake it until you make it! No one's going to bat an eye if your character is underleveled or anything for the purposes of RP. Hell, Custom Cuirass and the Plundered tank stuff makes for a damn fine ensemble at low levels.

RE: Naive Wannabe-Knight Seeking Companions! - As'elena - 01-26-2016

Did somebody say Knight!?

I will find you and I shall RP with you!