Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Pokémon Thread! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: The Pokémon Thread! (/showthread.php?tid=15035)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: The Pokémon Thread! - Alderique - 01-25-2016

(01-25-2016, 03:18 PM)Eleni Wrote: I'm really happy that all you trainers are enjoying this thread. Smile

I wish I had 5 iv Pokés to breed with and stuffs. ;c

Do you want anything to start with?

I was fortunate enough to get a 6iv feebas through breeding, and I kinda started using him as stock for others. Branched out into his two egg groups, then from those kids into others. I'd love to get a 6iv in each egg group, but it comes down to gambling.

RE: The Pokémon Thread! - Shoshopu - 01-25-2016

(01-25-2016, 03:21 PM)Alderique Wrote:
(01-25-2016, 03:18 PM)Eleni Wrote: I'm really happy that all you trainers are enjoying this thread. :)

I was fortunate enough to get a 6iv feebas through breeding, and I kinda started using him as stock for others. Branched out into his two egg groups, then from those kids into others. I'd love to get a 6iv in each egg group, but it comes down to gambling.

I could help with that process! With Power-Items and the Destiny Knot, anything is possible! :D

RE: The Pokémon Thread! - Gegenji - 01-25-2016

(01-25-2016, 03:05 PM)Alderique Wrote:
(01-25-2016, 02:53 PM)Shoshopu Wrote: I dunno if my post conveyed this at all but I'm much more interested in double battles/VGC than the Smogon meta. oAo Not to excuse all of the Pokemon team's mistakes (letting primal Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza into VGC? really?), but a lot of the things that are found to be overly centralizing and powerful in singles are much more balanced in doubles. Kangaskhan included.

I don't get into competitive games anymore, usually because of meta. When I have to pick certain good characters over certain bad characters, I lose interest. Hence, I just kinda breed pokemon just to pop out things with good stats, but then they go sit in the box.

I stopped picking up Pokemon games after X and Y just because I had run out of "ideas." But even after the first game I started just running gimmick teams that amused me. I had a full Eeveelution team in the original Silver, for example. FireRed was only Pokemon given or purchased, Pearl was my Nuzlocke run, Black was my Bug Trainer run, and X was Dark-only.

My favorite, though, was probably my SoulSilver team and one I'd probably try to remake if I picked up the latest one. An entire team that learned Explosion - Exeggutor, Electrode, Camerupt, Cloyster, Forretress, and Muk. There was something amusing about being able to just say "SCREW THIS" at any moment in battles with friends and just start a chain reaction of death. It was ruined by Damp, but most of my friends didn't run a Damp Pokemon until they had run into my team a couple times. Laugh

RE: The Pokémon Thread! - g0ne - 01-25-2016

(01-25-2016, 03:18 PM)Eleni Wrote: I'm really happy that all you trainers are enjoying this thread. Smile

But if you have a 6 iv Ditto, aren't all your worries gone?

RE: The Pokémon Thread! - Aya - 01-25-2016

I've never played any of the games, but I do have Togepi and Pikachu plushies! I have a giant Pikachu, big and cuddly Smile

I just adored Togepi when I used to watch the show.

(01-25-2016, 03:30 PM)Eleni Wrote:

But if you have a 6 iv Ditto, aren't all your worries gone?

Ahh, but getting a 6IV ditto is the challenge! I have a few with 2-3 IVs in my collection, but I tend only to use them when I have to, since I try to breed in egg moves along the way. I usually only use them at the start of the breeding process if at all.

RE: The Pokémon Thread! - mongi291 - 01-25-2016

(01-25-2016, 02:49 PM)ProvaDiServo Wrote:
(01-25-2016, 12:58 PM)mongi291 Wrote: I think Mega Rayquaza was meant to be the ultimate (at least for now), absolutely broken Pokèmon to show what a -legendary- Pokèmon is about. Not just a rare Pokèmon, but a force to be reckoned with.
Also, it's more satisfying to beat them when they're overpowered.

Well unless you got a mega rayquaza right with them or you are pulling some sleep shenenigans, I wish you well cause that shit is not pretty in anything goes tier XD
I don't mean necessarily online. I don't even play online. I never even cared about online battles. (maybe because I just suck, but...)
I would rather have Game Freak expand on to in-game content, and make it HARD. Having to catch OP 'mons is a good start.

RE: The Pokémon Thread! - 13uddy - 01-25-2016

(01-25-2016, 03:34 PM)Alderique Wrote: Ahh, but getting a 6IV ditto is the challenge! I have a few with 2-3 IVs in my collection, but I tend only to use them when I have to, since I try to breed in egg moves along the way. I usually only use them at the start of the breeding process if at all.

I'm going to admit my stupidity and say I only really just started breeding for egg moves around the time of Black/White.  I didn't really use a lot of online resources other than to read bios and remember when/how certain Pokemon evolved and just tried to get Pokemon I liked to raise up.  Then I got a couple of Pokemon with moves I was unfamiliar with them having through GTS trades and I wondered how that happened and I finally discovered the joys of egg move breeding.  

I do try to keep a decent Ditto on-hand for some things, but these days it is mostly only used to breed male-only or genderless Pokemon.  The rest of the time it sits in the box, plotting against me.

(01-25-2016, 05:05 PM)13uddy Wrote:
(01-25-2016, 03:34 PM)Alderique Wrote: Ahh, but getting a 6IV ditto is the challenge! I have a few with 2-3 IVs in my collection, but I tend only to use them when I have to, since I try to breed in egg moves along the way. I usually only use them at the start of the breeding process if at all.

I'm going to admit my stupidity and say I only really just started breeding for egg moves around the time of Black/White.  I didn't really use a lot of online resources other than to read bios and remember when/how certain Pokemon evolved and just tried to get Pokemon I liked to raise up.  Then I got a couple of Pokemon with moves I was unfamiliar with them having through GTS trades and I wondered how that happened and I finally discovered the joys of egg move breeding.  

I do try to keep a decent Ditto on-hand for some things, but these days it is mostly only used to breed male-only or genderless Pokemon.  The rest of the time it sits in the box, plotting against me.

It's something I've gotten into recently as well, and the rules seem to change each game, so there's always something to learn. I don't usually go after specific must-have moves. I just give them moves from fathers that I have in my collection.

That's pretty much what I do with dittos. I prefer to just inbreed my pokemon with their parents over and over.

RE: The Pokémon Thread! - mongi291 - 01-25-2016

Remember, kids: inbreeding and incest are not good things.
Unless you're talking about Pokèmon.
Then it's good.

RE: The Pokémon Thread! - g0ne - 01-26-2016

(01-25-2016, 06:17 PM)mongi291 Wrote: Remember, kids: inbreeding and incest are not good things.
Then it's good.

E-even if it's a Skitty and a Wailord...?

RE: The Pokémon Thread! - mongi291 - 01-26-2016

(01-26-2016, 09:19 AM)Eleni Wrote:
(01-25-2016, 06:17 PM)mongi291 Wrote: Remember, kids: inbreeding and incest are not good things.
Then it's good.

E-even if it's a Skitty and a Wailord...?
Yes.

RE: The Pokémon Thread! - 13uddy - 02-01-2016

Out of curiosity, is there anyone who thinks they could pick up a spare code from Gamestop for the Mew giveaway that started today?

I don't have easy access to a Gamestop (I live in the middle of nowhere, can't drive and can't seem to convince anyone to swing by even if I offer to pay them) so I keep missing out on Gamestop Pokemon giveaways.  

If nobody can, no worries!  I'm not really expecting anyone to do it since they probably won't freely give out multiple codes, or you might already be grabbing one for someone else, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.  

I do think it is neat that they will be releasing a different Mythical each month this year for the current gen games.  Aside from Mew, the other giveaway I'm most looking forward to is Jirachi in April.

RE: The Pokémon Thread! - Aaron - 02-01-2016

(02-01-2016, 12:46 PM)13uddy Wrote: Out of curiosity, is there anyone who thinks they could pick up a spare code from Gamestop for the Mew giveaway that started today?

I don't have easy access to a Gamestop (I live in the middle of nowhere, can't drive and can't seem to convince anyone to swing by even if I offer to pay them) so I keep missing out on Gamestop Pokemon giveaways.  

If nobody can, no worries!  I'm not really expecting anyone to do it since they probably won't freely give out multiple codes, or you might already be grabbing one for someone else, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.  

I do think it is neat that they will be releasing a different Mythical each month this year for the current gen games.  Aside from Mew, the other giveaway I'm most looking forward to is Jirachi in April.
Uh I'm going today to get a Pokemon game and DS, sure I'll ask about it for you.

Don't gotta give me nothing in return, just happy to help if I can because of your living in nowhere lol

RE: The Pokémon Thread! - 13uddy - 02-01-2016

(02-01-2016, 12:56 PM)Aaron Wrote:
(02-01-2016, 12:46 PM)13uddy Wrote: Out of curiosity, is there anyone who thinks they could pick up a spare code from Gamestop for the Mew giveaway that started today?

Uh I'm going today to get a Pokemon game and DS, sure I'll ask about it for you.

Don't gotta give me nothing in return, just happy to help if I can because of your living in nowhere lol

Thank you!  If you can't get it, though, no worries.  Thanks for at least trying, I appreciate it!