Hydaelyn Role-Players
Returning Player, New Character - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Returning Player, New Character (/showthread.php?tid=14936)

Returning Player, New Character - MrPoopyButtHole - 01-14-2016

--MMORPG background
I started out playing Everquest and worked my way through various other MMOs (most notable WoW and FFXI) till I discovered FFXIV. I stuck through the original till most of my mates left and I unsubscribed. ARR came out and we were all impressed so we gave it a shot.

I use to play Pyralis Cevas since 1.0 and his story finally came to a tragic end (big shout out to all those who RPed with me throughout the years). After taking a much needed break from FFXIV and RP I've decided to return with a brand spanking new character!

--RP experience
I've been RPing since I was but a wee child with my childhood friends. Eventually its developed into writing short stories, novels, forum RP, MMO RP, table top, etc etc.

--Character ideas/info
My new characters name is Jorund Ironheart. I'm modeling his personality somewhat on Geralt of Rivia (Witcher series). He isn't too great with people and avoids crowds since he spends most of his time traveling Eorzea and hunting tempered folks/creatures for the Grand Companies. I'm trying to make him as neutral as possible so as long as the coin is right he'll do the job (minus selling his body of course or something really morally wrong).

My old characters that I still play somewhat are Naoh'a Mujuuk (Insane, lovable, kind, wacky Keeper who loves to act and lie) and Arismont Juliembert (Preacher who thinks everyone is a sinner and needs to repent. Devout worshiper to the Twelve pretty much cult like)

--How did you learn about the coalition?
Been a long time lurker yo.

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?
I can honestly say I enjoy all of the above. Sometimes I'm in the mood for light RP or sometimes I want to be involved heavily in a plot of any kind.

--Anything from real life you'€™re comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)
I'm a lawyer so sometimes I get extremely busy and tend to disappear for a bit. Skype RP is always an option and I enjoy the slower based forum RP as well.

RE: Returning Player, New Character - Virella - 01-14-2016

(01-14-2016, 10:19 AM)ForbieJD Wrote: I'm modeling his personality somewhat on Geralt of Rivia (Witcher series).
Nghnnn Geralt of Rivia, yes please.

AND WELCOME BACK! Big Grin

RE: Returning Player, New Character - SicketySix - 01-14-2016

(01-14-2016, 10:19 AM)ForbieJD Wrote: I'm modeling his personality somewhat on Geralt of Rivia (Witcher series).

(01-14-2016, 10:19 AM)ForbieJD Wrote: as long as the coin is right he'll do literally any job (minus selling his body of course).

That doesn't sound very Geralt-ish at all. Unless you just plan on giving your body away.
Also, unless you're in the Quicksand ERPing with every female present, I'd have a hard time believing anything about him was based on Geralt.

Thumbsup

RE: Returning Player, New Character - Roe Dad - 01-17-2016

Welcome