Hydaelyn Role-Players
Greetings! Need help getting into Balmung. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Greetings! Need help getting into Balmung. (/showthread.php?tid=14866)

Greetings! Need help getting into Balmung. - Firebat - 01-07-2016

Greetings! Brand new player here. I was brought into this game by a friend of mine that spoke highly of the RP community here and im really excited to join but I haven't been able to get my character into Balmung to join the RP (it's also where her character currently is.). Is there any possibility at the moment for me to be able to get a character there or is access to Balmung permanently closed? 

I've tried doing a paid transfer and it doesn't allow me either. Sad

RE: Greetings! Need help getting into Balmung. - Steel Wolf - 01-07-2016

Paid transfers are the most efficient way to go, but you have to wait for I think three or so days before your new character is allowed to transfer.

Failing that, it's a matter of trying to cut in before or after a maintenance period...which can be quite challenging. But it is possible.

I hope you're able to cut in, because Balmung and its RP can definitely make it worthwhile.

RE: Greetings! Need help getting into Balmung. - Firebat - 01-07-2016

(01-07-2016, 11:54 AM)Steel Wolf Wrote: Paid transfers are the most efficient way to go, but you have to wait for I think three or so days before your new character is allowed to transfer.

Failing that, it's a matter of trying to cut in before or after a maintenance period...which can be quite challenging. But it is possible.

I hope you're able to cut in, because Balmung and its RP can definitely make it worthwhile.
Ahh so that's why it doesn't want to work. Okay, sounds fair. I'll wait the three days! Thank you! And it's three days since the character was created, not necessarily the account correct?

RE: Greetings! Need help getting into Balmung. - Unnamed Mercenary - 01-07-2016

(01-07-2016, 11:57 AM)Firebat Wrote:
(01-07-2016, 11:54 AM)Steel Wolf Wrote: Paid transfers are the most efficient way to go, but you have to wait for I think three or so days before your new character is allowed to transfer.

Ahh so that's why it doesn't want to work. Okay, sounds fair. I'll wait the three days! Thank you! And it's three days since the character was created, not necessarily the account correct?

It's something like 3 days after you've began the Main Scenerio Quest. So if you haven't, go talk to your local Adventurer's Guild and start it up! I'd use this time to get familiar with the game controls and camera settings (they are adjustable!). Play the game a bit, explore. Depending on your free time, you may be able to unlock airship travel, which will make getting around easier too!

You'll want to ensure that you are not in a Free Company when you go to transfer. (Or the game won't let you).

RE: Greetings! Need help getting into Balmung. - Roe Dad - 01-08-2016

Welcome!

RE: Greetings! Need help getting into Balmung. - Greg - 01-08-2016

Another point of note I've seen floating around: if you plan on having alts, the paid transfer will allow you to move up to 8(?) characters to Balmung at once for the cost of one transfer, provided they're all on the same server. This could be helpful if you've got more than one character concept you'd like to try out.

RE: Greetings! Need help getting into Balmung. - Unnamed Mercenary - 01-08-2016

(01-08-2016, 01:35 PM)Greg Wrote: Another point of note I've seen floating around: if you plan on having alts, the paid transfer will allow you to move up to 8(?) characters to Balmung at once for the cost of one transfer, provided they're all on the same server. This could be helpful if you've got more than one character concept you'd like to try out.

This is true, as long as your subscription allows you to have up to 8 characters on a single server. All characters you want to transfer must be currently able to be transferred at the time. The transfer will be rejected if you try to transfer more characters than open slots.

RE: Greetings! Need help getting into Balmung. - Firebat - 01-09-2016

Wooo hoo!!! I made it guys! Name is Vance Eboncross, excited to see you all in game soon!