Hydaelyn Role-Players
[ commissions ] UPDATE! paintings & portraits!! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Artisan House (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: [ commissions ] UPDATE! paintings & portraits!! (/showthread.php?tid=14762)

Pages: 1 2

RE: [comms// open!] 1-day portraits! - Scaith - 06-20-2016

Dead, what are you using? bamboo pad or some other media?

RE: [comms// open!] 1-day portraits! - dead - 06-20-2016

(06-20-2016, 06:52 PM)Scaith Wrote: Dead, what are you using? bamboo pad or some other media?

i use a small Wacom Intuos Pro and adobe photoshop CS5.

(06-20-2016, 07:01 PM)dead Wrote: i use a small Wacom Intuos Pro and adobe photoshop CS5.
Hmmm....with mouse or some sort of tablet? Sorry for the questions, I'm just debating on if I wanted to get back into drawing or not

(06-20-2016, 07:03 PM)Scaith Wrote:
(06-20-2016, 07:01 PM)dead Wrote: i use a small Wacom Intuos Pro and adobe photoshop CS5.
Hmmm....with mouse or some sort of tablet? Sorry for the questions, I'm just debating on if I wanted to get back into drawing or not

not a problem! 

the intuos pro is a drawing tablet that comes in a few different sizes (their website is here; it's very nice so it's on the expensive side). i use a small, and i know you can get cheaper size-comparable ones elsewhere. iirc my first tablet ever was $30 on amazon LOL

lol I used to have a galaxy tab 3, that would have been awesome to use for digital art....Guess I'll just do it the old fashioned way and doodle with paper and pen...or mayhaps I could invest in a art pad for a laptop? I usually suck at drawing, but it's so pretty to see and you can always get better with practice!

(06-20-2016, 07:13 PM)Scaith Wrote: lol I used to have a galaxy tab 3, that would have been awesome to use for digital art....Guess I'll just do it the old fashioned way and doodle with paper and pen...or mayhaps I could invest in a art pad for a laptop? I usually suck at drawing, but it's so pretty to see and you can always get better with practice!

yeah, i'm using the kind that's more of a drawing pad (i guess the word tablet is a bit misleading, hahah). 

i strongly recommend it!! even if you start out with a cheap little one to get a feel for it. i mean, yes, keep at pen and paper for sure (i think i've got a sketchbook in just about every open spot on my desk right now, just in case) but if drawing is something you're really interested in IMO it's worth it. 

practice makes a WORLD of difference; i've been drawing for about ten years now by my guess. keep your old art: in a few years, if you keep at it, you'll love having the old stuff around. it's particularly helpful if you're worried you haven't improved; looking at them side by side really shows how much you've grown since.

RE: [comms// open!] 1-day portraits! - dead - 09-10-2016

doot doot doot these are definitely still open~

RE: [comms// open!] 1-day portraits! new styles! - dead - 12-06-2016

UPDATED WOO

RE: [comms// open!] UPDATE! paintings & portraits!! - dead - 01-31-2017

here's an update bump and a fullsize of the painting example portrait!

[Image: tumblr_okmqmgy7Vz1vmxj1so1_540.png]

RE: [comms// open!] UPDATE! paintings & portraits!! - dead - 03-06-2017

some more new stuff!

[Image: tumblr_omexogu5Uc1vmxj1so1_1280.png]

RE: [comms// open!] UPDATE! paintings & portraits!! - Orlog - 03-06-2017

Oho, I like your style a lot. Keep up the great work!

RE: [comms// open!] UPDATE! paintings & portraits!! - dead - 05-08-2017

beep boop bump.

RE: [ commissions ] UPDATE! paintings & portraits!! - dead - 05-24-2017

working on something new that will be exclusive to this forum hehehe

RE: [ commissions ] UPDATE! paintings & portraits!! - dead - 06-08-2017

big updates on the way! most of these styles will be gone soon.