Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Short Story] Crystalline - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: [Short Story] Crystalline (/showthread.php?tid=14741)

[Short Story] Crystalline - JudicialHunter - 12-28-2015

How can something so enticing have such awful side effects?
All the itching and the scratching from withdrawal keeps me out of check.
I am fixated on all the things we were together.
But those are fragments that are better off lost forever.

--

I wanted to write a little thing about Rihxo's backstory, so here I am. It's not going to be too long (I don't think). It'll only really be four short parts, leading up to how she is now.

I hope you enjoy! Heart

Also, feel free to leave comments if you wish. I don't mind ^^

RE: [Short Story] Crystalline - JudicialHunter - 12-28-2015

Enticement.
Something used to attract or tempt someone; a lure.

It was when he kissed me that night that I realized I had gone too far. That I had made a mistake. But still... I went with him.

Hot and cold; that how I would describe the pain. Unlike any I'd felt before in my life. I was only sixteen when I lost it; this was only a few days before it happened. The moon falling. Perhaps I should've known better than to trust a Garlean.

My father always warned me about the Imperials. I knew they were terrible people; I'd always been told that, heard that. But I'd always wanted to believe there were some that were good there. That's why we kept things a secret; if father found out, he wouldn't forgive me. Perhaps I should've listened to him, especially in what were likely his final days.

The blade was deathly cold as it embedded itself in my skin before it burned white-hot. His other hand crushed my throat painfully slowly as his body held mine to the ground. I couldn't run. I couldn't scream. I could only pray to the Twelve I would somehow make it through this... or die. Either option was fine at this point. I only wanted freedom.

He kept asking questions. I don't know what they were, nor do I want to. How he expected me to answer, I have no idea; but when I didn't, I guess he decided we were over. That I was useless, if I couldn't comply... but... that's all they knew. Complying to their orders. I see that now. Some of them really are good. But they're a rare few; I would only trust my life to one of them. Valen.

But he is not Valen Stalhart. He's nothing like him. I see now that he was using me to get information; I was nothing more than an informant. I guess informants are useless if they're dead... or if they are useless.

I felt the blood drip down my right cheek; I knew that he had branded me as his forever. I was unmistakable from my siblings, now. I was the one with only one eye. Some still tell me I'm beautiful; they only seem to say so when I have the patch on. I guess they're just trying to help, but it only hurts more when they lie.

It hurts more to lie to yourself, I find.