Hydaelyn Role-Players
Do you use the minions in RP? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Fun Prompts (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Thread: Do you use the minions in RP? (/showthread.php?tid=14637)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Do you use the minions in RP? - Gegenji - 08-23-2016

(08-23-2016, 12:12 PM)Charity322 Wrote: My gladiator has a wolf pup she rescued from being trained for the Bloodsands. One of my Miqo'te has the black couerl kitten as a pet and the other one considers her carbuncle her pet (which is not helping me transition to Summoner lol).

If you're willing to spend a few bucks real cash, the carbuncle plushies come with a code for a carbuncle minion in-game. Then you can be a SMN and still have a carbuncle at your side! Plus, you know, you also get the Carbuncle plushie.

RE: Do you use the minions in RP? - Alastair Helyous - 05-28-2017

Hely has a Page 63 he obtained during an expedition to the Great Gubal Library. It has become his sentient journal ever since. It normally writes all Hely sees, details on archicteture and all using its book-mark hand to hold a quill :p

RE: Do you use the minions in RP? - Aegir - 05-28-2017

Use them all the time in RP for a variety of reasons. Our FC had a plot where a curse turned people into kappa/water imps if they showed the kappa that was protecting a relic any sign of disrespect.

Used the wind-up sahagins a few times to represent adds in Serpent Reaver RPs.

One of our Lalafell bad guys has two npc retainers that carry around the cushion minion to set down whenever he needs to sit.

My engineer got too enthusiastic about rebuilding the FC airship that the auto-pilot mammet took on a life of his own and stole the airship and we had to chase it down. Now my engineer uses it in battle as a defense mammet...

The Serpent Reavers did this...

[Image: tumblr_ohwln736UC1vmupjpo2_540.png]
[Image: tumblr_ohwln736UC1vmupjpo3_540.png]

RE: Do you use the minions in RP? - Nebbs - 05-28-2017

All the time.

My witch's familiar (a fairy) is given different aether forms.

But also as active things in plots.
  • walking/talking vegetables and vegetation 
  • goblin
  • possessed dolly
  • spirits of nature, evil, fire, etc..
  • animals cat/dog/bat/crab etc..
  • as far as your imagination will go

RE: Do you use the minions in RP? - Araatan - 05-28-2017

I use a Model Magitek Bit that Distant stole and has been maintain with spare parts, as a drone named Lydia. It's always buzzing people and flashing at them because I has no lasers to shoot.

RE: Do you use the minions in RP? - luxemas - 05-28-2017

Recently I've started using the red panda minion with my summoner, going with the idea its a glamour on their carbuncle. I'm still on the fence if it was something that Tali'ra just did because it was cute, or if the carbuncle (who he refers to as Iiyola) wanted it in some way. There seems to be a bit of murkiness on if a carbuncle has a sense of free will and autonomy (if you've done the quest with Tataru becoming on arcansit, you'll know what I'm talking about :V)

All the same, I just love how the red panda will latch to his shoulder and hang on. Its super cute, and I figure Tali'ra enjoys it as it feels much more comforting to have a pet who wants to be that close and isn't just a minion to fight for him.

RE: Do you use the minions in RP? - Kage - 05-29-2017

(12-19-2015, 12:29 AM)Kage Wrote:
(12-17-2015, 10:36 AM)Melkire Wrote: For many of the non-wind-up minions (and a few of the wind-ups, as well, such as the Qiqirn), there's no need for a reason to use them in roleplay. You just have to want to. If you want to, then you'll figure out a way to work it into your character's story, and that's that.

Case in point, NUTKIN.

NUTKIN NUTKIN NUTKIN NUTKIN NUTKIN.

Harasses the shit out of everyone in Osric's vicinity. Gods forbid it's around when he visits with someone.

I AM VERY HAPPY YOU PUT THAT NUTKIN TO GOOD USE.

NOW HELP ME NAME SHIT.

It's come through RP that Kage has amassed a zoo of sorts of nice animal companions. It started with Shiron the chocobo whom he was left in the care of when its former owner left the chocobo as they ran away while Kage was training to become a Sultansworn. His most recent addition is a hawk preceded just before that was a warbear that he fought to submission.

Mama Griffin has recently laid her eggs in the nest she's made so if anyone was a close friend of Kage's and wanted one ICly... hit me up.

I considered just linking this for you as it answers your question too.

https://wiki.ffxiv-roleplayers.com/pages/Kage_Kiryuu#tab=Mounts_2C_Pets_2C_Companions

Still yes. I actually need to make major updates to even just this.
[Image: 1280px-KageRestZoo.png]

RE: Do you use the minions in RP? - Erah'sae - 05-30-2017

Holy thread necromancy, batman!

But anyway....
Yeah, I use minions in RP.  They're there in game, might as well react to them just like we do with chocobos, characters, mobs, and anything else.

Hell, I use Eurus, Erah'sae's chocobo, more then I use the actual character in some scenes.

RE: Do you use the minions in RP? - Rosekitten - 05-30-2017

I've actually included the little bombling in my character's rp for some time. With the backstory on it being a forge helper to Lori's father that followed her when she ran off from home. I have included a few other minions from time to time, some creatures that were just in passing while others have been happy accidents or gifts (gifts that require feeding.. on a tight gil budget).

I know personally I have plans for one of the baby wyverns or maybe the zu hatchling in burdening my character with a long term pet that grows up.

I use them similarly as I would my chocobo. I just hope none of them get as developed story wise as that dumb over-sized chicken.. XD

RE: Do you use the minions in RP? - Roen - 05-30-2017

Roen has two little minions that were gifted to her, but since she is out and about most days, you won't see them running around unless she is in the city. Then she takes the time to keep them company. She has two different sitters for her little critters, a fat cat that is being looked after at the Forgotten Knight and a grey pup that a noble family in Ishgard treats as one of their own.

RE: Do you use the minions in RP? - Jeanne IX - 05-30-2017

Once I get the Mammet based on Vivi from FFIX I fully intend to use him.

RE: Do you use the minions in RP? - Eses Fafa - 05-30-2017

I used to have an Owlkin who followed Eses around ICly. It was adorable to everyone else but she just kept insulting its existence, well aware that it doesn't understand her.

RE: Do you use the minions in RP? - Jeanne IX - 06-17-2017

Would it be too "snowflakey" to have a Moogle tagging along with me IC through the wind-up pet, given their association with Seedseers?

RE: Do you use the minions in RP? - Nero - 06-17-2017

(06-17-2017, 04:11 PM)Jeanne IX Wrote: Would it be too "snowflakey" to have a Moogle tagging along with me IC through the wind-up pet, given their association with Seedseers?

Moogles can choose to appear to whoever they want, so it's not implausible. That said, you'd have to write a pretty convincing Moogle character to have one journey around Eorzea with your character.

RE: Do you use the minions in RP? - Kallera - 06-19-2017

Kallera has a model vanguard (an earlier model of it, that she later rebuilt and had modified). She and her father used to play with them when she was a child.