Hydaelyn Role-Players
Do you use the minions in RP? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Fun Prompts (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Thread: Do you use the minions in RP? (/showthread.php?tid=14637)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Do you use the minions in RP? - Mia Moui - 12-18-2015

I recently had an experience where I had to RP (or at least notice) the pet/minion of another character.  It made sense as it was an owl (I think) and people do keep owls.

Were I to have a pet/minion that made some sense for Mia, I might include it.  But Mia is too pragmatic to have any more in the way of accessories than she absolutely needs (and that's a bit boring, I have to say).

RE: Do you use the minions in RP? - Zan - 12-18-2015

For my first character, Zana'to has a gobbue that follows him around each time that he is in the Shroud which is a bit rare.

Kirkirik on the other hand has a stone golem that he manifests every once in awhile with his Conjury to help with odd tasks. It acts more like a puppet though rather then a pet.

RE: Do you use the minions in RP? - Lyse Falen - 12-18-2015

Several minions are IC.  Most notably, Goobs, the goobbue.  He's actually been present at fights Lyse has been in as her team-mate where the groups were uneven.  ... He sneezes on enemies, and sometimes people, but those are 'blessing' sneezes. Undecided

RE: Do you use the minions in RP? - TheLastCandle - 12-18-2015

I have IC minions. Hibito, my lalafell, has an IC wind-up airship that's a model/prototype that he built. The hunting hawk - when I get it - will be IC for Navarre.

I've used the Wind-Up Moogle to represent a minor NPC moogle for an RP campaign I was running.

Like anything else, I think they can be fun and useful tools in our roleplay.

RE: Do you use the minions in RP? - Kage - 12-19-2015

(12-17-2015, 10:36 AM)Melkire Wrote: For many of the non-wind-up minions (and a few of the wind-ups, as well, such as the Qiqirn), there's no need for a reason to use them in roleplay. You just have to want to. If you want to, then you'll figure out a way to work it into your character's story, and that's that.

Case in point, NUTKIN.

NUTKIN NUTKIN NUTKIN NUTKIN NUTKIN.

Harasses the shit out of everyone in Osric's vicinity. Gods forbid it's around when he visits with someone.

I AM VERY HAPPY YOU PUT THAT NUTKIN TO GOOD USE.

NOW HELP ME NAME SHIT.

It's come through RP that Kage has amassed a zoo of sorts of nice animal companions. It started with Shiron the chocobo whom he was left in the care of when its former owner left the chocobo as they ran away while Kage was training to become a Sultansworn. His most recent addition is a hawk preceded just before that was a warbear that he fought to submission.

Mama Griffin has recently laid her eggs in the nest she's made so if anyone was a close friend of Kage's and wanted one ICly... hit me up.

I considered just linking this for you as it answers your question too.

https://wiki.ffxiv-roleplayers.com/pages/Kage_Kiryuu#tab=Mounts_2C_Pets_2C_Companions

RE: Do you use the minions in RP? - Solenne - 12-19-2015

When Solenne gets the owlet, it will be her IC pet. She is particularly fond of birds. As for Michaux, a tiny bat recently moved into his cave and he's too apathetic to drive it away, so he now has a pet bat both IC and OOC. Its name is Plunkett, because Michaux finds that name ridiculous. And Tatsu will definitely have pets, especially anything water-related, since she's a beach babe and a fisherwoman. Smallshell will be perfect, for one.

RE: Do you use the minions in RP? - Lucius Ignatius - 12-20-2015

I've considered the Lesser Panda pet, or Midgardsormr. I wouldnt call it by Midgardsormr's name of course, but I like the idea of having a baby drake pet. Does anyone have any ideas on how that could happen on a lore-friendly basis? Or would any dragon be considered evil?

RE: Do you use the minions in RP? - Roe Dad - 12-20-2015

I use a few pets mostly the cats and my animated book. THe book is something my healer found out in Gubal and it sorta followed him home. So now its mostly a prank he leaves it on the shelf and when someone goes to grab it it grabs back.

RE: Do you use the minions in RP? - Teadrinker - 12-20-2015

(12-16-2015, 04:35 PM)Coatleque Wrote: I only acknowledge them if someone else does first.  Begrudgingly at that.

Echoing Crofte. It seems to be a very popular thing to do but is never really something I've felt was...natural, persay? Sort of akin to the blonde woman who runs around with the chihuahua in her purse.

You do you though.

RE: Do you use the minions in RP? - Parth Makeo - 12-20-2015

Arala has Cait Sith doll named geppetto (has his own profile on the wiki) that for most of the first few weeks implementing him, was like a mammet who couldn't speak. Later he gains a voice and other things.
Geppetto is like a young kid with a love for Popotos and says "Doodle" for various reasons. Like a hello, yes or Huh?
If you want a better idea of adorable...

Fuse A Chao with Yotsuba and you got geppetto

Currently I am doing a Carbuncle but I am being super cautious about it being perverted but still dignified. Like yes he wants to see a woman's undergarments but not when there is something important going on.

Other than those, there is the black chocobo carrier for P'rita.

RE: Do you use the minions in RP? - Erik Mynhier - 12-20-2015

I have used the Mammets for Erik since beta. I use both the normal one and the Flames one as the same creature called Montblanc, just with "different uniforms". He is Erik's personal aid, little buddy, and comic foil. His voice was damaged before Erik met him, letting him only click and whistle to signal his displeasure at being sent to deliver a message via parachute off the side of an airship, or being told with full confidence to watch a prisoner Roe or things like that. He has zero special powers and is often taken to the Goldsmiths' Guild to be repaired after some accident.

And despite my 100+ minions I just recently was given a Hunting Hawk by Clio, and it is the first time I have seriously given Erik and actual pet. Not the first time, but the first time I kicked around the idea and it stuck and didn't seem so out of place. So he has a hawk now named Zoar. Found him on one of the airships injured by the contact. Currently nursing him back to help. Its fun, I love hawks irl.

RE: Do you use the minions in RP? - ZacharyVolfire - 12-20-2015

I actually use the Accompaniment node as tool to scan old allghan ruins and tell me what they were used for or anything is operable in them.

I also (thanks to being taught by kobolds) Can make and house (cherry) bombs on my property. For scientific reasons of course.

RE: Do you use the minions in RP? - R'mehro - 12-24-2015

I'll use my gaelikitten for food theft and mischief. It's an easy one to bring in and out of RP, since it can fly. Have him flutter on down or something. R'mehro creatively named him Gaelikitten.

RE: Do you use the minions in RP? - Cheetah Smith - 12-29-2015

Why yes, I do. IC and even OOC, I like having the Coeurl Kitten minion. It's so cute! ;A;
IC, the kitten is Chee's ever-loyal, ever-present and affectionate kitty companion. The little kitty likes getting into things, occasionally serving as an RP hook, comic relief, or a literal source of fluff.

I also make use of the other cat minions like the Fat Cat or the Black Coeurl Kitten as RP hooks for Chee. Mainly as stray cats she likes to feed near her Free Company's estate, due to her fondness for cats. There's a little black kitten that's effectively adopted her as it's mother.

So yeah. Cat Girl with a bunch of cats. XD

RE: Do you use the minions in RP? - Chillsmack - 12-30-2015

My main, Doendraga, doesn't but mostly because I don't have one that would work with him lol

My alt, Nunuzaru, however does: it's an ahriman that he's bound with a curse into a harmless, smaller form which can grow to become his mount. I always have it out floating whenever I play as him, and the two share a whole dynamic and everything