Hydaelyn Role-Players
Lalafell RP - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Lalafell RP (/showthread.php?tid=14586)

Pages: 1 2

Lalafell RP - lumikou - 12-13-2015

Hello so I honestly was talking about this with a fc mate of mines and such. So I thought maybe I would bring it to a bigger forum such as this to get an idea. So backstory first really.
So pretty much I've been having quite a hard time finding rp on my lalafell character. Now I have no idea if that's because people treat lalafell less seriously and thus makes it harder to find potential rp partners for them or what.

Now the reason I say this is because I have two alts one being a miqote and the other an au'ra. I generally am just as engaging on the other two as I am on my lalafell and yet my lalafell tends to get no rp....where as my other two seem to generally get inquires and even rp pretty easily using the same methods.

So pretty much I was wandering is it just natural for lalafell to have a harder time finding rp partners or is it just plain bad luck and bad timing?

The main reason I'm asking is because I'm considering a fantasia and I want to make sure that I'm not jumping the gun on changing.

RE: Lalafell RP - Temmi - 12-13-2015

This topic has been discussed to death, and recently.

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=14075

RE: Lalafell RP - lumikou - 12-13-2015

(12-13-2015, 01:07 AM)Temmi Wrote: This topic has been discussed to death, and recently.

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=14075

Oh thank you I honestly didn't see that. This helps a lot actually :0

RE: Lalafell RP - Caspar - 12-13-2015

If you mean struggling to be taken seriously, the previously linked topic should be useful. If you mean struggling to find RP in general, I think it probably has nothing to do with being Lala, personally. There are many who really will want to play with you, actually, because we're among the least populous races among RPers, compared to in PVE, so there's that rarity aspect that draws others to you. Simply have enough detail in mind personality wise for the character to catch and retain others interests, then put yourself out there and look for connections, even if you need to /tell or direct message to try and drum up interest. Be patient and keep at it, though do be polite of course.

RE: Lalafell RP - lumikou - 12-13-2015

Well based on what I've read from the forum I am convinced that pretty much....That lalafell are naturally going to have to be a tad more aggressive. So based on that I will be doing some slight character adjustments to better tailor my character towards that end.

So this has helped a bit Big Grin

RE: Lalafell RP - Valence - 12-13-2015

If you mean not taken seriously, then there was indeed that whole topic about it...

If you mean just getting approached by random people (i'm pretty sure your free company mates have no problem RPing with you)...? I am going to make waves and summon the slippery slope speculative argument here, but maybe a lot of roleplayers are also drawn to naturally roleplay with potential romantic interests?

Not saying that Lalafels don't get any romantic interests, mind you... But for the general masses, you mentioned alts that are Au'ra and Mi'qote... You know what I mean?

I might question the RP motives of some (as seen everywhere).

Probably a silly thought of mine.

RE: Lalafell RP - azahana - 12-14-2015

Hello~

I've recently entered the RP arena as well with my character who was a miqo'te... then lalafell, then miqo'te, then lalafell again before I decided to establish her as such. I play a lalafell as my main on another server than Balmung, so old habits die hard I suppose.

Anyhow.

The way I see it, portrayal of your character is key to getting people either to take you seriously or not. Also probably how they dress as well. Someone is more likely to take a lalafell seriously if they're in finery and/or battle armor. If the same lalafell was in beggar clothing or something a harlot would wear.... then yeah.

My two cents.

RE: Lalafell RP - Edgar - 12-14-2015

I have just the thing: My linkshell, Shattered Shins.

We're still growing, but it's the best I can offer to another member of the Lalafell rping community.

RE: Lalafell RP - Zetchryn - 12-14-2015

I'm always on the lookout for more lalafell to RP with! I adore RPing with them, so no worries there. There are plenty that WANT to, it's just finding the reason to do it.

RE: Lalafell RP - arkamas - 12-16-2015

When I work up the nerve to actually engage new people, I dont have too much difficulty finding Rp on Jujuwai.  That said, I've seen you around. Or at least the eyes are distinctive and I think I have.  Next time, I'll have to not just sit there, and actually try one of these 'walk up' things.

RE: Lalafell RP - Jonexe - 12-18-2015

I'm a Lala, and up for RP with other Lalas. Feel free to look up Zozomaru Roromaru. Send me a mail if you'd like!

It is a bit harder to find people to want to get into RP more that's more than cursory when you're a Lalafell; but it's not easy for anyone. You just have to keep at it! Being a bit more aggressive certainly helps. It also helps to have particular quirks or habits that make your little Lala more memorable.

RE: Lalafell RP - Vyce - 12-18-2015

Dadarupo is happy to make acquaintances (but never friends) with other Dunesfolk.

I originally mained a derplander, but since making my Lalafell, I've found I actually have a lot more freedom in what I do. There is more room for conflict, and more options for the kind of person he can be.

The thing about Lalafell is that you will not be successful in the Quicksand. You have to reach out and find a LS or a FC, because that RP hub is oriented toward a certain demographic of roleplayers that are exclusive in their interests. Miqote and Au Ra fall under those interests, but Lalafell do not.

RE: Lalafell RP - Virella - 12-18-2015

(12-18-2015, 11:15 AM)Vyce Wrote: Dadarupo is happy to make acquaintances (but never friends) with other Dunesfolk.

I originally mained a derplander, but since making my Lalafell, I've found I actually have a lot more freedom in what I do. There is more room for conflict, and more options for the kind of person he can be.

The thing about Lalafell is that you will not be successful in the Quicksand. You have to reach out and find a LS or a FC, because that RP hub is oriented toward a certain demographic of roleplayers that are exclusive in their interests. Miqote and Au Ra fall under those interests, but Lalafell do not.
Well Vyce, I've seen somethings what would tell me different, sadly enough...

Anyhow! I never had issues with my lalafell (Ave was a lalafell for a while, before I namechanged/fantasiaed, can you believe that?), just for the fact I roleplayed her as a serious character. She wasn't cutesy, she didn't act overly childish. Hells, she was a die hard Ul'dahn merchant who loved dabbling in all sorts of trades!

I wouldn't just give up onto roleplaying a lalafell just yet if that is what YOU enjoy. However, if you don't like it any longer, or don't think the concept is going to work, you're but a namechange and fantasia away from rerolling something new. And that's totally understandable as well.

RE: Lalafell RP - Vyce - 12-18-2015

I personally have never had any of the creep tells, but I have heard tales. Dadarupo probably just looks unapproachable in his Pince Nez glasses.

The thing about Lalas though is that what may seem childish to us is not childish to them. Stamping their feet and flapping their arms when they are angry is more akin to the behavior of Rumpelstiltskin than a toddler having a tantrum. Look at the way they waddle when they walk.

Look at Sultana Nanamo Ul Namo.

In ARR, Namamo was portrayed as a toddler. Her voice was widdle-babby-foofoo and she sat around like an infant that had just finished nursing.

When the expansion content came around, Nanamo retained her actions, but her voice acting adjusted to give her a more diplomatic way of speaking which more accurately portrays the level of responsibility she has. Nanamo was altered slightly to create a sense of respect but preserve the sweetness that can be found in her relationship with Raubanh.
As a grown woman she is able to make and discuss decisions that impact the future of the alliance and Ul'Dah, but is also able to retreat into her more childlike tendencies when she is frightened.

Even in Teledji and Lolorito, pretty squabbles and tantrums and flamboyance are part of who they are. Lalafell are educated, hardworking, and often serious individuals, but they also know who they are and who they appear to be. Some may even have complexes or fears of being treated like the babe of a Hyur and try extra hard to be mean and tough. Some may purposefully play the innocent child card for nefarious purposes.

RE: Lalafell RP - Kage - 12-18-2015

For the longest time, most of my RP came from the Quicksand but the Quicksand has also changed from the time I used to RP there. Still see some of the old people Kage met there but most of them are off now doing other things or not in game anymore.

I also play a fairly serious character that has come to develop some things about him.

I also know of at least 2 or 3 people who played 'children' lalafell who seemed to gain some type of success with it. They still are RPing or are still in guilds with RPers.