Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Other] Scholar/Adventurer of Sharlayan searching connections! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Other] Scholar/Adventurer of Sharlayan searching connections! (/showthread.php?tid=14543)

Scholar/Adventurer of Sharlayan searching connections! - Reynbear - 12-09-2015

[Image: Banner.png]

This is my very first time making a callout thread like this, I hope it's not too bad.
I'm completely eager to start writing and I hope my character catches interest.

His Wiki page is right here so please take a look -->https://wiki.ffxiv-roleplayers.com/pages/Daruku_Astronomonov <-- it's not much now but hopefully after a thread or two I can build on it!

Daruku is a Sharlayan scholar turned adventurer who couldn't stay away from Eorzea even after the Calamity forced his family to flee back to the Sharlayan motherland. 

He's a black mage who favors the wilderness and roughing it compared to the comforts of civilization and he goes all over Eorzea studying the aether, helping and messing things up here and there, and flirting with pretty much anything. He's adaptable in most situations, so if you want to plan anything then hit me up in private messages.

I'm looking for new friends to RP with and interact with, IC or OOC, platonic or romantic, or even as enemies. I'm up for pretty much anything!

I can be very very shy so I appreciate being asked to RP, so if Daru has taken your interest then be sure to let me know and we can start a thing!

RE: Scholar/Adventurer of Sharlayan searching connections! - Sylentmana - 12-09-2015

Hey! Cecilia is also a traveling scholar/archaeologist from the Sharlayan motherland. She's skilled with multiple forms of magic, but specializes in Arcanima. I'm free most evenings after 7:30 PM eastern.

RE: Scholar/Adventurer of Sharlayan searching connections! - Reynbear - 12-09-2015

(12-09-2015, 11:23 AM)Sylentmana Wrote: Hey! Cecilia is also a traveling scholar/archaeologist from the Sharlayan motherland. She's skilled with multiple forms of magic, but specializes in Arcanima. I'm free most evenings after 7:30 PM eastern.
ooooooohhh, nice! It's not often Daru would run into another Sharlayan, but it would be a nice surprise for him! Perhaps they could do that somewhere, maybe out in the field?

RE: Scholar/Adventurer of Sharlayan searching connections! - Nebbs - 12-09-2015

Alas I am on Balmung.

My character, though a more Tribal Au Ra, /fc I do?
did study in Sharlayan and I have some story running linked to it.

RE: Scholar/Adventurer of Sharlayan searching connections! - Reynbear - 12-09-2015

(12-09-2015, 01:31 PM)Nebbs Wrote: Alas I am on Balmung.

My character, though a more Tribal Au Ra, /fc I do?
did study in Sharlayan and I have some story running linked to it.
I'm honestly thinking of moving my alt to Balmung since that's where everyone seems to be ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I still gotta flesh more of my character's story out but if you wanted to tie yours in somewhere then we could.

RE: Scholar/Adventurer of Sharlayan searching connections! - Nebbs - 12-09-2015

(12-09-2015, 01:38 PM)Reynbear Wrote: I'm honestly thinking of moving my alt to Balmung since that's where everyone seems to be ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I still gotta flesh more of my character's story out but if you wanted to tie yours in somewhere then we could.

Well it still has lots of RP going on, even with a decline from the hay-days. server still full, and even in off peak times there are people about RPing.

(12-09-2015, 01:41 PM)Nebbs Wrote:
(12-09-2015, 01:38 PM)Reynbear Wrote: I'm honestly thinking of moving my alt to Balmung since that's where everyone seems to be ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well it still has lots of RP going on, even with a decline from the hay-days. server still full, and even in off peak times there are people about RPing.
Meanwhile there's me struggling to find RP linkshells on Tonberry, buuuut I have my reasons for keeping Daruku on the server.

RE: Scholar/Adventurer of Sharlayan searching connections! - Sylentmana - 12-09-2015

(12-09-2015, 11:28 AM)Reynbear Wrote:
(12-09-2015, 11:23 AM)Sylentmana Wrote: Hey! Cecilia is also a traveling scholar/archaeologist from the Sharlayan motherland. She's skilled with multiple forms of magic, but specializes in Arcanima. I'm free most evenings after 7:30 PM eastern.
ooooooohhh, nice! It's not often Daru would run into another Sharlayan, but it would be a nice surprise for him! Perhaps they could do that somewhere, maybe out in the field?

Sounds great! Cecilia often spends her time around ruins. Lately she's been studying the ruins near the Wander's Palace and the Floating City of Nym.

(12-09-2015, 02:22 PM)Sylentmana Wrote:

Sounds great! Cecilia often spends her time around ruins. Lately she's been studying the ruins near the Wander's Palace and the Floating City of Nym.
Sweet! Did you want me to write out a starter thread then?

(12-09-2015, 02:41 PM)Reynbear Wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean by starter thread? I've never done RP on a forum before.

(12-09-2015, 02:55 PM)Sylentmana Wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean by starter thread? I've never done RP on a forum before.
I mean like, I'd start a thread with an opening post then you'd reply and we go like that. I'm on Tonberry, not Balmung, so yeah. I've RPed on tumblr and twitter and that's usually how it starts, if you're okay with that.

(12-09-2015, 02:59 PM)Reynbear Wrote:
(12-09-2015, 11:28 AM)Reynbear Wrote: ooooooohhh, nice! It's not often Daru would run into another Sharlayan, but it would be a nice surprise for him! Perhaps they could do that somewhere, maybe out in the field?

I mean like, I'd start a thread with an opening post then you'd reply and we go like that. I'm on Tonberry, not Balmung, so yeah. I've RPed on tumblr and twitter and that's usually how it starts, if you're okay with that.

That sounds fine, though I'm on and off the forums at random times due to work. If that's ok with you then it's fine.

(12-09-2015, 03:24 PM)Sylentmana Wrote:
(12-09-2015, 02:22 PM)Sylentmana Wrote: Sounds great! Cecilia often spends her time around ruins. Lately she's been studying the ruins near the Wander's Palace and the Floating City of Nym.

That sounds fine, though I'm on and off the forums at random times due to work. If that's ok with you then it's fine.
That's fine! In all honesty I should be asleep by now but yeah.

(12-09-2015, 03:30 PM)Reynbear Wrote:
(12-09-2015, 03:24 PM)Sylentmana Wrote:
(12-09-2015, 02:41 PM)Reynbear Wrote: Sweet! Did you want me to write out a starter thread then?

That's fine! In all honesty I should be asleep by now but yeah.

Ok then. Just send me a PM whenever you get started.