Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Grindstone Special III: Season's Beatings (January 2, 2016) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: The Grindstone Special III: Season's Beatings (January 2, 2016) (/showthread.php?tid=14504)

Pages: 1 2

The Grindstone Special III: Season's Beatings (January 2, 2016) - Warren Castille - 12-06-2015

It's that time again! Back in July the Grindstone held their second attempt at filling the prize purse to roaring success, and together we raised a total of three and a half million gil to continue rewarding those who make it to the top of the heap in our weekly get together slash beatdown parties. That amount led to the inflation of the winnings to a modest 140,000 gil per week! But the past five months have flown by, and the Grindstone's coffers now look like bank accounts following the holiday shopping rush. To adjust this, we are preparing to engage Grindstone Special III: Season's Beatings!

Similar to our previous efforts, this will be the time when folks can put their money where their mouth is and pick their fights - for a price, of course. We'll be using the format from the previous two fundraisers in the form of a fight auction! Participating isn't limited only to fighters, either: If you have a dream match you want to see happen, you can put your bid up to see it happen! Only the highest bids for any given person will be honored, so if there's someone lots of people want a piece of, bring your wallets!

Show Content

Similar to last time (and the Grindstone #100 Special Event) anyone is available for a fight should they agree to it. I vaguely recall a couple of the staff being thrown together for a skirmish once the actual Grindstone was concluded!

I've likely forgotten a few details, so if anything isn't clear feel free to let me know!

RE: The Grindstone Special III: Season's Beatings (January 2, 2016) - Seye Qhesu - 12-06-2015

*points to eyes and then back at the crowd* You crazy people with your 77 attendance! STAPH IT D:

Bring money instead! Help fun more Grindstones to come! I offer Naked Warren playgirl posters in return!

RE: The Grindstone Special III: Season's Beatings (January 2, 2016) - Togy - 12-06-2015

Looking forward to this! Min 2 mil gil for Togy to fight his right hand vs his left hand. There will be sock puppets involved.

RE: The Grindstone Special III: Season's Beatings (January 2, 2016) - Togy - 12-29-2015

Reminder bump! THIS SATURDAY!! JANUARY SECOND!! FIGHT WARREN! FIGHT TOGY! FIGHT JUDGE!! FIGHT BENCH!* Seriously though.. come.. fight who you want... assuming you've the gil!

*Terms and conditions may apply, Bench may not be fightable. Still debating if he is sentient or not.

RE: The Grindstone Special III: Season's Beatings (January 2, 2016) - Illae - 12-29-2015

I will add 100k to the pot  to see Warren fight shirtless.  Come on girls, you know you want to add to that.

RE: The Grindstone Special III: Season's Beatings (January 2, 2016) - Ha'uruh Nunh - 12-29-2015

Bumping for Grindstone and cash money.  All proceeds go to future Grindstone winners.

RE: The Grindstone Special III: Season's Beatings (January 2, 2016) - Star Lin - 12-30-2015

Well, I already told Warren and some of the others that John could be throw out for a fight but that I doubt anyone would probably won't to fight him.  He would trip over his own two feet most likely and land on his own daggers, which he hasn't gotten much practice out of them. *wanders off whistling*

RE: The Grindstone Special III: Season's Beatings (January 2, 2016) - Leggerless - 12-30-2015

Hrm.

Alright, so I'm doing... two things I guess.

1. Bringing back Elise Wolfe this weekend for people to fight against.
2. Making a Reddit post advert on r/ffxiv so you can raise as much money as possible and have a nice safety stock.

Got it. See you all then.

RE: The Grindstone Special III: Season's Beatings (January 2, 2016) - Aaron - 12-30-2015

Can I pay to fight myself and advance to the next round after I win from beating myself?

RE: The Grindstone Special III: Season's Beatings (January 2, 2016) - Gegenji - 12-30-2015

(12-30-2015, 11:25 PM)Aaron Wrote: Can I pay to fight myself and advance to the next round after I win from beating myself?

No, because you also lost.

RE: The Grindstone Special III: Season's Beatings (January 2, 2016) - Aaron - 12-31-2015

(12-30-2015, 11:52 PM)Gegenji Wrote:
(12-30-2015, 11:25 PM)Aaron Wrote: Can I pay to fight myself and advance to the next round after I win from beating myself?

But I also won.

/creates paradox

RE: The Grindstone Special III: Season's Beatings (January 2, 2016) - Vali - 12-31-2015

(12-31-2015, 12:05 AM)Aaron Wrote:
(12-30-2015, 11:52 PM)Gegenji Wrote:

But I also won.

/creates paradox

Aaron, stop hitting yourself

RE: The Grindstone Special III: Season's Beatings (January 2, 2016) - Jancis - 12-31-2015

It's gonna be fun on a bun!

I will definitely be looking forward to who takes on who! Someone bring some festive-ly shaped iron knuckles to plaster fun decorations into their opponent. Firework bruises please.

Also here's some fun with snowflakes.

[Image: tumblr_nzyf1epk7U1urn9szo3_1280.jpg]

RE: The Grindstone Special III: Season's Beatings (January 2, 2016) - Duplicitous Dame - 01-01-2016

Thankfully I'll be home from work in time to participate in this event. I'm really looking forward to it Big Grin. If anyone wants to rumble with Nahare, she'll be there!

RE: The Grindstone Special III: Season's Beatings (January 2, 2016) - Aaron - 01-01-2016

(01-01-2016, 05:02 PM)Duplicitous Dame Wrote: Thankfully I'll be home from work in time to participate in this event. I'm really looking forward to it Big Grin. If anyone wants to rumble with Nahare, she'll be there!
Pls forgive me senpai but I won't be there ;_;.

IM SORRY OKAY.

Lol