Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hey everyone! I am new! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Hey everyone! I am new! (/showthread.php?tid=14427)

Hey everyone! I am new! - Zuiko - 11-28-2015

Hello everyone! I am Demongoose and I am honored to have joined this wonderful webpage. My friend gave me some tips about the game and since she knew that I enjoyed role playing, she advice me to check out this page. Before I get into describing a little about myself. I just wanted to say that I am looking forward to role playing and getting to know you all. 

I am new to Final Fantasy 14 but I am not new to the Final fantasy series. I am eager to get started on this wonderful game and looking forward to making new friends and creating a story for my character. I have role played in a couple games which were WoW and Rift, along with role playing in the chatrooms that AOL had once upon a time. I have done research into the classes and races of Eorzea and I have decided to create a Roegadyn that has ties to the Hellsguard. I have yet to come up with a backstory but I am doing much research in hopes that I can create a memorable character.

I know I will be new to this game and I know I will have some trouble learning (for I like being the tank in the MMO's I have played.) But I am looking forward to meeting the wonderful people here and in the world of Eorzea. Big Grin

(I have come up with a brief backstory, hope you enjoy!)

Flaming Blade is a Hellsguard that hails from the volcanic region of the Abalathia’s Spine. Being the first born in his father’s family, his parents had great hopes that Flaming would continue the tradition of guarding the gates of the underworld. His father Spinning Blade was one who was known without the village as a master of the twin daggers, and his ability to move quickly through any battlefield. His mother, Elegant Blade was one who had mastered the art of the shadows and known for her one hit kills. Many in the village were eager to see what this young Roegadyn could not only do but what he would become in the near future. During his younger years, many of his friends and peers constantly challenged him to sparring matches in which Flaming would lose. Day after day he would return home, his mother smiling gently at him as she cleaned up his cuts and bruises.

As Flaming Blade grew, he begun to learn quickly of how to fight back and counter the moves his opponents would usually throw at him. But During these years of growth he started to feel that he had no interest in continuing with their designated path guarding the gates of the underworld. Instead he had other ideas of what he should do with his life. After the passing of his 21st summer, he left his village in hopes of becoming a renowned swordsman and warrior of great strength. With nothing but a small copper dagger on his belt and a leather pack over his shoulder, he set off in what he thought would be a journey of great importance and learning.

RE: Hey everyone! I am new! - Unnamed Mercenary - 11-28-2015

Hi there! Welcome to the RPC.

You'll see a lot of similar things in FFXIV, but not everything is identical to other Final Fantasy titles. (The Main Scenario Quests in FFXIV do play like you're the single-player hero though, which does grant better-than-average access to super-person strengths and feats).

There are a LOT of resources here, and I'd also recommend checking out the Offical Forums Lore section, if you're looking for information on anything.

For RPC-related tasks, like forum/wiki/gallery features, feel free to ask any questions.

RE: Hey everyone! I am new! - Faye - 11-28-2015

Hello there, welcome to the RPC! Big Grin Good to see some Roegadyn around!

RE: Hey everyone! I am new! - Zuiko - 11-28-2015

Thanks! Big Grin

Also I failed to mention in my original post that I will be looking for a Free Company to call home. I am interested in one that mainly role plays but is willing to do dungeons and other activities similar to that. The game is still downloading for me but if you wish to have me, I will make contact with you as soon as I can officially begin my journey into the world of Eorzea.

RE: Hey everyone! I am new! - Faye - 11-28-2015

Harbingers of Dawn is a good-aligned, med-heavy RP FC dedicated to protecting and aiding the citizens of Eorzea. You're welcome to check us out! You can learn more about us here and apply on our website if you're interested.

RE: Hey everyone! I am new! - Swygynwyzn - 11-29-2015

More Roe more power
Welcome!

RE: Hey everyone! I am new! - Roen - 11-29-2015

Indeed! More Roes are needed in Eorzea!

Welcome to the RPC and FFXIV in general! Your character seems like a new budding adventurer with a positive outlook to boot! It would be great to see him meet more people and grow as a person as he faces various trials in Eorzea.

Have fun out there! Smile

RE: Hey everyone! I am new! - Zuiko - 11-29-2015

So Flaming Blade has been made but come to find out that Balmung has a character restriction. I did not know about this so I had to create him on Cactuar. At the moment I plan on leveling him and then transferring to Balmung. Unless, does anyone know when the character restriction will be lifted?

RE: Hey everyone! I am new! - Zuiko - 11-29-2015

Update: I was able to my a character on Balmung, character is named Flaming Blade. If you want to role play send me a pm!