Hydaelyn Role-Players
In-game RP help, sleeping? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: In-game RP help, sleeping? (/showthread.php?tid=14393)

In-game RP help, sleeping? - ShedoSurashu - 11-25-2015

So how do I make my character lie on beds? Sometimes I find a sort of inn that doesn't really offer the inn functionalities (Camp Drybone comes to mind) there are beds but I can only sit on it. Is lynig down an emote I will unlock later in the game or as a sidequest? Sometimes when it's night in game I want to let my character sleep while I do other real-life stuff like make food, etc.

RE: In-game RP help, sleeping? - Warren Castille - 11-25-2015

The lying-down emotes are only available inside of personal houses for some reason.

RE: In-game RP help, sleeping? - ShedoSurashu - 11-25-2015

(11-25-2015, 11:45 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: The lying-down emotes are only available inside of personal houses for some reason.
Ah that sucks. I'm an adventure dammit, I have to be able to sleep wherever my feet takes me. xD

(11-25-2015, 11:49 AM)ShedoSurashu Wrote:
(11-25-2015, 11:45 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: The lying-down emotes are only available inside of personal houses for some reason.
Ah that sucks. I'm an adventure dammit, I have to be able to sleep wherever my feet takes me. xD

Mmmyep. The next best thing is either repeated use of the /doze macro or just finding a comfortable-looking sitting position. Some of the "sleeping" motions look strange, though: I know highlander males and lalafell snooze soundly enough, but miqo'te women lounge like they're talking about boys and elezen ladies pose in a very provocative manner, neither of which look quite comfortable for sleeping.

(11-25-2015, 11:54 AM)Warren Castille Wrote:

Mmmyep. The next best thing is either repeated use of the /doze macro or just finding a comfortable-looking sitting position. Some of the "sleeping" motions look strange, though: I know highlander males and lalafell snooze soundly enough, but miqo'te women lounge like they're talking about boys and elezen ladies pose in a very provocative manner, neither of which look quite comfortable for sleeping.
I'm not well versed with the macro usage. Can you give an example of a macro that repeats /doze every interval like say 1 second until I stop it?

(11-25-2015, 12:00 PM)ShedoSurashu Wrote:

I'm not well versed with the macro usage. Can you give an example of a macro that repeats /doze every interval like say 1 second until I stop it?

I'm not in game to test it, but you might be able to rig something up with

/doze
/wait 5
/doze
/wait 5

and just paste that as many times as you can. There's a limit to macro characters, though, so you wouldn't be able to make it last hours. The /doze animation while standing or sitting seems to be mostly-nodding off and then jolting back awake, though.

RE: In-game RP help, sleeping? - Unnamed Mercenary - 11-25-2015

(11-25-2015, 12:02 PM)Warren Castille Wrote:

/doze
/wait 5
/doze
/wait 5

and just paste that as many times as you can. There's a limit to macro characters, though, so you wouldn't be able to make it last hours. The /doze animation while standing or sitting seems to be mostly-nodding off and then jolting back awake, though.

You can also combine wait commands onto the same line (was added because crafters matter too).

So something like

Code:
/doze motion <wait.1>

RE: In-game RP help, sleeping? - Sylentmana - 11-25-2015

SE stated once that they only allow lying down in homes is to make it harder for ERPers to do their dirty business.

RE: In-game RP help, sleeping? - Cailean Lockwood - 11-25-2015

(11-25-2015, 01:21 PM)Sylentmana Wrote:

SE stated once that they only allow lying down in homes is to make it harder for ERPers to do their dirty business.

ERP'ers find a way... they always find a way. ;3

(11-25-2015, 12:35 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote:
(11-25-2015, 12:02 PM)Warren Castille Wrote:
(11-25-2015, 11:49 AM)ShedoSurashu Wrote: Ah that sucks. I'm an adventure dammit, I have to be able to sleep wherever my feet takes me. xD

/doze
/wait 5
/doze
/wait 5

You can also combine wait commands onto the same line (was added because crafters matter too).

So something like

Code:
/doze motion <wait.1>
Thanks! That frees up more spaces. I figured I can just use the /shut command while sitting. Using /doze makes my character open his eyes before the emote starts.

EDIT: Do wait commands accept decimal points? (E.g. 1.25, 1.5, etc)

I haven't seen any ERPers though, at least, not yet, or publicly.

RE: In-game RP help, sleeping? - Unnamed Mercenary - 11-25-2015

(11-25-2015, 03:03 PM)ShedoSurashu Wrote: Thanks! That frees up more spaces. I figured I can just use the /shut command while sitting. Using /doze makes my character open his eyes before the emote starts.

EDIT: Do wait commands accept decimal points? (E.g. 1.25, 1.5, etc)

Sadly no. Wait commands are only whole numbers. You could write /wait 1.99999 and it'll be treated as /wait 1.

SE's macro system is designed to be helpful, but not powerful enough to make the game play itself for you. (Oh if only it allowed scripting or conditionals, crafting macros would never be the same).

It's still pretty handy for a lot of stuff though, especially if you play on a controller like I do. I have some macros that adjust my crossbar/hotbars when certain skills are used. (Like DPSing as a healer, certain tank stances, etc).

Also good for adding marks or text onto actions for battle.

RE: In-game RP help, sleeping? - g0ne - 11-25-2015

miqo'te women lounge like they're talking about boys
Or daydreaming about cute little bunny rabbits frolicking in fields full of flowers and rainbows and more cute little bunny rabbits.

Edit: It's also what Warren sama secretly daydreams about. :3

(11-25-2015, 03:33 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote: Sadly no. Wait commands are only whole numbers. You could write /wait 1.99999 and it'll be treated as /wait 1.

SE's macro system is designed to be helpful, but not powerful enough to make the game play itself for you. (Oh if only it allowed scripting or conditionals, crafting macros would never be the same).

It's still pretty handy for a lot of stuff though, especially if you play on a controller like I do. I have some macros that adjust my crossbar/hotbars when certain skills are used. (Like DPSing as a healer, certain tank stances, etc).

Also good for adding marks or text onto actions for battle.
That makes sense. I was actually trying to chain two of my skills which I normally chain. Guess that won't do. I did end up making a "transformation" sequence between gearing up and going back to my casual clothes though. xD

http://plays.tv/video/5655f7ff0837f9efa0

RE: In-game RP help, sleeping? - Teadrinker - 11-26-2015

..Did they actually state this?

I can't imagine them actually saying this.

Implying possibly...

RE: In-game RP help, sleeping? - Sylentmana - 11-30-2015

(11-26-2015, 01:55 AM)Teadrinker Wrote:

..Did they actually state this?

I can't imagine them actually saying this.

Implying possibly...

I believe they said something along the lines of not wanting players to be "abusive" toward each other. I just put 2+2 together.