Hydaelyn Role-Players
Conception Skeleton for Mamaru Marjuna - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Character Workshop (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Thread: Conception Skeleton for Mamaru Marjuna (/showthread.php?tid=14233)

Conception Skeleton for Mamaru Marjuna - Ozma - 11-09-2015

With nothing better to do at work I decided to work on an idea for a friend who is thinking of moving to Balmung. When I was discussing the idea over skype I had a general idea of what he wanted so I began to scribble some ideas that he wanted and chose to share it with my merry community who can tell what idea would work or not. 

Character Name: Mamaru Marjuna
Race: Lalafell
General Class: Cleric
Description/Comments: 
Formerly an Alchemist and Cleric who served as a senior professor in the Alchemist Guild. He led a meaningful life as the royal chemist of Ul'dah's Sultanate for 2 generations from his youth to old age. His illustrious career came to an end when Ul'dah began to open it's doors for various refugees and commerce which brought in a swarm of young and talented alchemists armed with unknown knowledge from various corners of Eorzea. While some may have seen the refreshing interns who brought new knowledge and talents as hope for a better future of Ul'dah, to Marjuna these young talents felt like a hangman's noose for his career. 

Eventually he was forced to retire from his position as the royal chemist and he was re-allocated to the position of a minor alchemy professor that taught a small class of aspiring students, mainly Ul'dahn nobles. Times were hard and he blamed the Sultana's new policy regarding the acceptance of refugees as one of the contributing factors behind his current predicament. Roughly at the same time, he started to experience chest pains and constant coughing that would simply refuse to be cured regardless of the many cures he's tried. He had been diagnosed with a severe infection of Asthmadeus, a type of voidsent that would gradually grow stronger by sapping strength from one's lungs to evolve into a full blown Canceriablos. 

Despite all efforts in researching a cure for his impending doom, he was unable to find a cure. Knowing he doesn't have long to live and the fortune he spent on finding a cure wasn't cheap, Marjuna carefully thought about what he should do with the remainder of his life to financially support the family he would leave behind. Eventually he chose to take up an illegal drug manufacturing business by making use of his alchemical knowledge and dedication to quality to produce Lalaopium of the highest quality never seen before in the history of Eorzea's drug cartels. 

Still in development. 

Lol... homage to a certain drama series!

Yes this was inspired by a drama series he's currently hooked on. Won't say what though since it would be a spoiler but basically from the discussion we had, he seemed interested in opening a FC/LS with a drug cartel themed RP in mind. Still need to flesh out his history and add the Moogles involvement in his Cartel's business which is a work in progress.

RE: Conception Skeleton for Mamaru Marjuna - Hyakki - 11-09-2015

The concept is more than an easter egg or subtle homage. The whole thing is Breaking Bad word for (altered to vaguely lore-friendly) word.

Also, there are Eorzean terms for a couple things.

Cancer (your canceriablos) is known as canker.
Opium (your lalaopium) is somnus.

There's an old thread somewhere around here on the various recreational drugs in Eorzea you might be interested in.

RE: Conception Skeleton for Mamaru Marjuna - Ozma - 11-09-2015

(11-09-2015, 06:23 PM)Mamushi Wrote: The concept is more than an easter egg or subtle homage. The whole thing is Breaking Bad word for (altered to vaguely lore-friendly) word.

Also, there are Eorzean terms for a couple things.

Cancer (your canceriablos) is known as canker.
Opium (your lalaopium) is somnus.

There's an old thread somewhere around here on the various recreational drugs in Eorzea you might be interested in.

Thanks xD

Is Canker the official term for Cancer in the game? Also where was it mentioned?

RE: Conception Skeleton for Mamaru Marjuna - Desu Nee - 11-09-2015

If he doesn't enter everyone's rooms screaming " I AM THE ONE WHO KNOCKS " I will be very dissapointed.

Extra cookies if in combat he screams "I AM THE DANGER".

RE: Conception Skeleton for Mamaru Marjuna - Ozma - 11-09-2015

(11-09-2015, 06:30 PM)Desu Nee Wrote: If he doesn't enter everyone's rooms screaming " I AM THE ONE WHO KNOCKS " I will be very dissapointed.

Extra cookies if in combat he screams "I AM THE DANGER".

mmm... I know I fleshed out for him just as he wanted... but I can feel the weight of my palm pressing against my face.