Hydaelyn Role-Players
Unnecessary Speculation Thread on the Origins of Eorzean Races - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Unnecessary Speculation Thread on the Origins of Eorzean Races (/showthread.php?tid=14191)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Unnecessary Speculation Thread on the Origins of Eorzean Races - LiadansWhisper - 11-07-2015

(11-07-2015, 12:25 AM)Edgar Wrote: It wouldn't surprise me, but at the same time, I'm sure at some point we would have seen the progenitors of modern day Miqo'te somewhere on Azys Lla if this theory were true. Allag didn't really use its genetic alterations for much more than warfare and extending lives, and the Miqo'te are mortal and highly advanced considering.

It's possible it predated Asys Lla, or post-dates the point at which they stopped using the facility. It's also possible (and, to my mind, very likely) that they had multiple facilities of similar type. Putting all your eggs in one basket is foolish at best.

RE: Unnecessary Speculation Thread on the Origins of Eorzean Races - Sounsyy - 11-07-2015

(11-06-2015, 11:44 PM)FreelanceWizard Wrote: Of course, that all falls apart if we have evidence that miqo'te were on Meracydia during the time of Allag. The implication I read in Azys Lla is that the continent was populated by dravanians only, but I may have missed something!

There's no strict connection placing Miqo'te firmly within Meracydia at the time of Allag, so I yield that the theory is plausible, however I still hold that the theory feels off and far too convoluted for me personally to get behind. Suppose the Allagans did genetically create Miqo'te, which is a possibility, why then is 90-100% of the Miqo'te population found on Meracydia thereafter and not in Eorzea or elsewhere, lands that Allag had actually fully conquered during their supremacy? Why aren't there Miqo'te in Azys Lla? Even the Mannequins are Hyuran.

At best, we can place the cat-like Miqo'te race firmly existing by the latter 100-200 years of the Allag Empire. G'raha Tia's Miqo'te ancestor, was an aide to the last princess of Allag, Salina.

NOAH Report Wrote:Their heartfelt pleas reach the last remaining princess of Allag. She took it upon herself to see their prayers realized, and entrusted her blood to her most trusted aide.

So if the Allagans created the Miqo'te to serve them, again, how did a significant, sustainable population end up in Meracydia? They weren't used as soldiers - late Allag did not use living, breathing armies. Their only flesh and blood soldiers were their generals, who were mostly Summoners.

Exhibit II: Technology in War Wrote:See the myriad marvels of Allagan military technology that have replaced flesh-and-blood soldiers, ensuring that no Allagan citizen need ever again lay down their life in battle.

Wind-up Onion Knight Wrote:If Sons of Saint Coinach anthropogeographer Rammbroes is to be believed, towards the end of their civilization, the Allagans began using automatons such as this to fight their wars (which had been deemed inhumane, yet ultimately necessary to spread imperial peace).

This snippet suggests, but does not confirm Miqo'te nativity to Meracydia.
Loading Screen Wrote:It is believed the Miqo'te first came to Eorzea during the Fifth Umbral Era, fleeing their ravaged homeland on the southern continent of Meracydia.

Sure, could this have just become their "homeland" after somehow venturing here after the fall of Allag? Of course, but it just seems like a bit of a stretch that, again, an entire population was moved to a far away continent after the scant few genetic creations bonded together and set off for a new home far far across the southern seas to the land of Allag's enemies who would probably murder any Allag abomination that came within sight.

As opposed to: Miqo'te inhabited Meracydia at the time, and when Allag waged their war on the southern kingdom, Miqo'te were captured and like the dragons and other prisoners of war that Allag took, were spliced and mutated and experimented on and left to rot after the fall or were stuck in a museum somewhere for the Allagans to pat themselves on the back. Much more simplistic and something that we see repeatedly already in the game.

But if you want a sketchy theory on the Allagans waging war on the early Meracydian Miqo'te, I'd recommend reading this theory on Azys Lla's cathedral and aquaduct.

(11-06-2015, 11:53 PM)Kage Wrote:
(11-06-2015, 11:27 PM)Sounsyy Wrote:
Tracking Node Wrote:Remember to come back again to... <buzzzzzz> ...next week's target... <buzzzzzz> ...and three Miqo'te... <buzzzzzz>
I'm not sure what point this is used this for, for miqo'te presence or race over all. The node uses whatever the player's race is. So for me, It said three Lalafell.

I was not aware it reflected the players race, so that's interesting. Why... hunt... all the races...? Miqo'te hunting would at least make sense supposing they were in fact from Meracydia. Merp, anyways.

RE: Unnecessary Speculation Thread on the Origins of Eorzean Races - FreelanceWizard - 11-07-2015

(11-07-2015, 12:56 AM)Sounsyy Wrote:
(11-06-2015, 11:44 PM)FreelanceWizard Wrote: Of course, that all falls apart if we have evidence that miqo'te were on Meracydia during the time of Allag. The implication I read in Azys Lla is that the continent was populated by dravanians only, but I may have missed something!

There's no strict connection placing Miqo'te firmly within Meracydia at the time of Allag, so I yield that the theory is plausible, however I still hold that the theory feels off and far too convoluted for me personally to get behind. Suppose the Allagans did genetically create Miqo'te, which is a possibility, why then is 90-100% of the Miqo'te population found on Meracydia thereafter and not in Eorzea or elsewhere, lands that Allag had actually fully conquered during their supremacy? Why aren't there Miqo'te in Azys Lla? Even the Mannequins are Hyuran.

At best, we can place the cat-like Miqo'te race firmly existing by the latter 100-200 years of the Allag Empire. G'raha Tia's Miqo'te ancestor, was an aide to the last princess of Allag, Salina.

NOAH Report Wrote:Their heartfelt pleas reach the last remaining princess of Allag. She took it upon herself to see their prayers realized, and entrusted her blood to her most trusted aide.

So if the Allagans created the Miqo'te to serve them, again, how did a significant, sustainable population end up in Meracydia? They weren't used as soldiers - late Allag did not use living, breathing armies. Their only flesh and blood soldiers were their generals, who were mostly Summoners.

I personally don't think they created them as living weapons or servants, like the ixalion. I'm thinking more that they were just a genetic modification on the basic hyur template, used for appearance or augmentation purposes. Amon's an example of Allag engaging in genetic engineering for augmentation; I can see a society that's described a lot like Solaris from Xenogears doing all kinds of weird stuff.

A further interesting question, though, is if miqo'te were on Meracydia around the time of Allag and the dravanians, why do neither of them mention them at all?

Though in either case, the easiest explanation is that the devs haven't brought it into the story space and haven't fixed it in stone yet! Smile

RE: Unnecessary Speculation Thread on the Origins of Eorzean Races - Mia Moui - 11-07-2015

I'm not sure that if you wanted to create soldiers or some other subservient race, that you'd begin with a hybrid of Hyur and cats.  Cats, in my experience, are remarkably useless as guard animals.

I don't really have an opinion, it's just something I was thinking about.  But as to why someone might create the Miqo'te, how many people might elect to become a real life neko in our world were it possible?  Probably enough to create a new race, imo.  If genetic modification were fashionable at some point there's all kinds of things that might happen.  I'm alarmed that it might actually be a possibility.

I'm not saying that anything like that happened, or that I'd even RP it.  I'm just interested in what the lore says about the origins of the various races (at level 29, I've barely scratched the surface).

As far as what Mia Moui thinks or believes, Menphina and her sister wanted to make loyal subjects and created the Miqo'te.  Done and done.

RE: Unnecessary Speculation Thread on the Origins of Eorzean Races - Jana - 11-07-2015

I don't remember which live letter/event/interview it was, but I feel pretty certain that the theory revolving around the aqueduct in Azys La was already disproven. I'll try to remember where I read it though.

RE: Unnecessary Speculation Thread on the Origins of Eorzean Races - V'aleera - 11-07-2015

(11-07-2015, 01:07 AM)FreelanceWizard Wrote: A further interesting question, though, is if miqo'te were on Meracydia around the time of Allag and the dravanians, why do neither of them mention them at all?

The simplest answer would be that they were considered too insignificant to mention. The Allagans had bigger things on their plate, and dragons have never paid much attention to mortals.

RE: Unnecessary Speculation Thread on the Origins of Eorzean Races - Momo - 11-08-2015

This is shaky at best, but I had never questioned unmentioned Race origins to come out of the Allagan Empire, simply on the origin story of the Gods and of Hydaelyn and the Eorzean region.  It is stated that the Warring Races drove out the gods in disgust from our Realm, and that to me says that there were certainly more than Hyur, or Hyur and Elezen to start with.  There is something that we are missing in all of the origins of each race, and that is the the start of life and magic on the Planet of Hydaelyn itself.  It seems to state that the Eorzean region (or maybe some sort of Pangaea-esque land) , consisting of more than one continent, was once the origin of both life and magic in all the world, and that perhaps, and I take this from the example of the Dragon race itself, races fanned out at one point, traveling to different parts of the world before eventually creating their own civilizations and coming back to Eorzea, perhaps after some Calamity drove them out?

As I said, this is all theory, but it makes sense to me, that if all races and magic started in Eorzea, per the creation tales, that whatever event caused their creation and then whatever event caused the separation, are things both connected, and points to which we are eventually coming -to- in the MSQ at some time.  Not even to mention or get into the fact that if the world that we now call "Hydaelyn" itself, was once simply a well-placed planet which was barren of life, and a cross-universe traveling mass soul such as Hydaelyn chose to possess, her soul and aether kept centrally inside the Mothercrystal housed in a base dimension of the planet which then: gave rise to Gods, whether that power was taken (>.>) or otherwise, the Elementals, the Warring Races, and which called forth Midgard from space with her vast amounts of power...well as I said, not even getting into that...because I have lots lots more to go with that...lots and lots...or Hydaelyn the cross-dimensional traveler...nope not going there...