Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Mateus] Dis's Grimoire - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Player Directory (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: [Mateus] Dis's Grimoire (/showthread.php?tid=14068)

Dis's Grimoire - Dis - 10-29-2015

[Image: eHeDaqe.png]
  • Primary Character: Meallaire Sergenaux
  • Other Character(s): 
    • Mateus
      • Aeldenoix Sergenaux 
      • Brynrael Sthalurswyn
      • Finuala Dane
      • Khulan Bayaqud
      • Ran Hanazakari
      • Reimumu Reimu
      • Ursielle Vairemont
    • Balmung
      • Helionne Gevair
  • Linkshells: -
  • Primary RP linkshell: -
[Image: joBNqWf.png]
  • Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy)
    Medium.  I enjoy a good amount of RP, but I also enjoy taking advantage of the PvE content in the game, and so you'll rarely find me devoting all of my time to RP.
  • Views on RP combat and injuries
    I have a strong personal preference for a modified style of Free-Form RP for conflict resolution, using a system of three attacks and two defenses (one attack always hits).  That said, I'm willing to do dice rolls (Grindstone rules), or even look into one of the various combat systems that have been created for XIV if that's the preference of the person I'm RPing with. For magical healing, I assume that this speeds rather than completes healing except in a case where prolonged healing would impede the plot development, rather than enhance it.  I'm a believer in IC actions having IC consequences, and am willing to accept: Temporary injury and incapacitation, temporary imprisonment.  I require discussion OOC before hand for: long-term and/or permanent injury and disfigurement and/or long-term captivity or imprisonment. I will not do character death without considerable development beforehand, and a viable reason to spend the cost of the subsequent fantasia and rename I would need.
  • Views on IC romance
    IC romance and even explorations into IC sex and sexuality are fine so long as they occur naturally within the course of the role-play, and are within the scope or interest of the character.
  • Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc)
    Non-romantic RP in any context, even if it's more conflict-oriented even if not combat-oriented, is a good role-play.  I prefer more plot based or story driven RP, but not every RP has to have a huge overarching plot to accompany it.  Sometimes you just want to bump into someone in the market and strike up a conversation about how bad the merchants in Ul'dah can gouge.
  • Views on lore
    I like to stretch the lore a bit because there are areas where we just don't have enough detail to fill in and "fanon" naturally fills in the gaps that we have due to the nature of the game and the fact that it is presently scaled to the single player's perspective as opposed to the wider world, as it relates to the lore and what is and is not permissible. That said, I do like to keep things at least heavily plausible within the lore. Any RP that would be absolutely lore-breaking is best done in private, and in a kind of 'Hey, lets do this because we think it's cool!' context between friends comfortable with such things. AU's are also a thing.
  • Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc)
    Totally situational.  Any of them can be utilized for RP, but in general, most/all of these are OOC until asked otherwise (RP linkshells are the exception, of course).

[Image: 25tMpXK.png]
  • Timezone: Central Standard/Daylight Time (UTC -6)
  • Contact info: In-Game, PM via Forums, Skype/Discord.