Hydaelyn Role-Players
Anyone playing Halo 5? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Anyone playing Halo 5? (/showthread.php?tid=14064)

Anyone playing Halo 5? - Melphina - 10-29-2015

Hey everybody just wanted to go ahead and ask this, I'm trying Halo 5 out before the 3.1 update, anyone else doing this?

RE: Anyone playing Halo 5? - Duplicitous Dame - 10-29-2015

I've been obsessed with the series since it first came out. I own all the games and books, and even participated in the B.Net forums up until they went down. Oh, nostalgia. I definitely bought Halo 5 and I've been throwing a lot of my time into it. Damn it's such a good game. I love it.

RE: Anyone playing Halo 5? - Chris Ganale - 10-29-2015

Been playing it since launch. Cleared campaign twice now and have acquired all the intel and skulls. Gearing up for the legendary playthrough.

Ugh, that ending. I will say nothing spoilerish on the matter, but Halo 6 is going to be some serious shit.

RE: Anyone playing Halo 5? - SicketySix - 10-29-2015

Halo kinda did for me what Call of Duty has know been guilty of. Each game just feels like a re-skin of the last.

I'm not ever sure what I would do to change it up, but I guess with the sales from both of those franchises, I'm in the minority.

RE: Anyone playing Halo 5? - Chris Ganale - 10-29-2015

Halo 5 is very different from the previous games. I flailed about lost and confused for the first hour.

RE: Anyone playing Halo 5? - Dis - 10-29-2015

No, but I wish I was.  Damn my lack of funds.  I'd have to get a XBO -and- the game.  Just not doable financially.  Bleh.

RE: Anyone playing Halo 5? - TheLastCandle - 10-29-2015

No, because I refuse to buy an X1 just for two games I want to play (Sunset Overdrive and H5.) But looking forward to hearing impressions here.

RE: Anyone playing Halo 5? - Melphina - 10-30-2015

I hope they don't repeat the style of the campaign they did for Halo 5, it felt too jumbled and too full of gaps to mean anything. I hope they go back to playing solely as the chief, Locke is a great character and all, but he's the human version of the arbiter, he's not really intended to be the main protagonist. In terms of the campaign's content, like I said it felt really jumbled up and I was left with so many more questions than I could even count. The first level alone ticked me off with the ending of it

The multiplayer needs some serious additions if Halo 5 is going to survive. The content is merely slayer/Breakout and Warzone. They need Big Team Battle, Action Sack, Infection, and Objective ALONG WITH Forge and File Share. They need to get their community to have fun together, otherwise it's just turning the game on to repeat the same boring gametypes with the same boring results. There's no real variety, and I feel that if Forge and more gametypes get introduced, Halo 5 will do as good as Halo 4 did.

RE: Anyone playing Halo 5? - -no longer matters- - 10-30-2015

I've never liked first person shooters, however I've always liked the Halo story. So I watched the whole thing on youtube!! Big Grin 

Over all it was cool I'm not happy they made redacted into a villain though.

RE: Anyone playing Halo 5? - Chris Ganale - 10-30-2015

Forge is coming in December, and Halo games have had a long history of adding more playlists as time goes on.

Also, the main villain being such makes sense if one stops to think about it.

....I would make my case under a spoiler tag but they seem to have broken.

I can see what you mean, and yeah Forge'll be coming in December. HOWEVER what good will it do if you can't have a good file share to circulate these map variants, films, and screenshots? Hell you can't even take pictures or movies in theater mode, what point does theater mode have right now?

RE: Anyone playing Halo 5? - -no longer matters- - 10-30-2015

(10-30-2015, 05:29 PM)Chris Ganale Wrote: Forge is coming in December, and Halo games have had a long history of adding more playlists as time goes on.

Also, the main villain being such makes sense if one stops to think about it.

....I would make my case under a spoiler tag but they seem to have broken.
Oh it makes sense I just don't like it. XD

RE: Anyone playing Halo 5? - Leanne - 10-30-2015

Gah, I'm a big fan of Halo, so it makes me extra sad I can't play Halo 5...

Anyway! I took a glance at the story, and more importantly, at the end. My opinion is...

Show Content

Although Leanne, it was hinted at before 343 took over that ancient humans were enemies of the Forerunners. I love that they are expanding on that, but even if that's revealed, the characters now don't seem to even notice it's being said.

Then again in Halo 3 when Spark said "YOU ARE. FORERUNNER." that REALLY threw me off because I thought he meant that humans were descendants of the forerunners.

RE: Anyone playing Halo 5? - Chris Ganale - 10-30-2015

(10-30-2015, 05:43 PM)Gwen - Dinah Wrote: Oh it makes sense I just don't like it. XD

That's fair, then. It definitely was one of those "awww, man..." moments, but as I said, from a lore perspective it makes sense.

Show Content

As for when Spark said that line to us at the end of Halo 3, he'd gone way off the deep end at the time so I consider everything he said to be suspect from the moment he zotted Johnson. And as Melphina said, a couple of the terminals on the Ark made allusion of the Human-Forerunner War.