Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hello, hello! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Hello, hello! (/showthread.php?tid=13973)

Hello, hello! - Iruka - 10-23-2015

Hello, I'm Iruka and I have much to say and I'm not sure where to begin!

I'm a long time roleplayer both in and out of MMOs; I used to rp in Mabinogi until my guild unfortunately broke up and then I spent a lot of time in Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine until the game shut down. I didn't think I'd ever end up playing FFXIV because I've never played or even seen any Final Fantasy games in my life and I was worried that I'd be a bit out of the loop. Well, after much convincing from my husband I've now been playing for nearly six months and absolutely in love!

I wanted to roleplay from the start but I really wanted to get to know the game first. Even after I went through the trouble of getting caught up on the storyline and covering most of the FFXIV's content though I sort of realized the server I was on, Siren, didn't have a very prominent roleplay community... so I waited, waited, waited some more, and waited until maintenance and finally managed to make a character on Balmung! Now I'm anxious to roleplay but a little flustered and not so sure where to begin.

My character is a little quirky; a type of guy I've always wanted to rp but never gotten around to doing. Lazy, sarcastic, a compulsive liar, and by all means rough around the edges but there's definitely something sweet in deep that has yet to be brought out. I think I have his details sorted out enough but I'm a little flimsy on the lore so I'd like to find someone who could help me solidify me on that! I'm someone who likes to be as accurate as I possibly can be. /w\

Oops. I think I rambled on a bit more than I wanted. But ah, in short, I'm new to Balmung and looking to roleplay even if I have almost no idea what I am doing! I am a little troubled with the fact I'm having to clear all the storyline and level things all over again; not to mention I'm without glamour so I'm going to have to deal with random wardrobe changes for a bit. I'd love to make friends or even have someone point me in the right direction. Thank you for bothering to read all this! \o/

RE: Hello, hello! - Caspar - 10-23-2015

Oh, an SMT fan? I never played Imagine, but I was very curious about it. Back then I didn't play MMO.

Anyway, welcome. :D Though, why is your name Iruka (Dolphin) while your avatar is a shark?

RE: Hello, hello! - Iruka - 10-23-2015

(10-23-2015, 02:57 AM)Caspar Wrote: Oh, an SMT fan? I never played Imagine, but I was very curious about it. Back then I didn't play MMO.

Anyway, welcome. Big Grin Though, why is your name Iruka (Dolphin) while your avatar is a shark?

It was actually the first SMT game I played! I liked it very much, a lot of the mechanics were based off of Nocturne and the community was surprisingly pleasant. It also emptied my wallet.

Thank you for the welcome! My nickname is Iruka/dolphin because I'm a very ocean-oriented person and I absolutely love dolphins! My avatar is a shark because I unfortunately didn't have any cute dolphin icons on hand so I went with a shark instead. Sharks are just as cute! c:

RE: Hello, hello! - Nebbs - 10-23-2015

Welcome to Balmung and RPC, I would certainly look at the RP events being run over then next two weeks as there are many many.

As for clothing, I'd suggest finding an RP look and saving that, you can then wear this in town etc.. Then your random adventuring gear can be just that.

You probably know about FCs and LSs, there is a directory of ones here under the Linkshells Tab above.

RE: Hello, hello! - Garalona - 10-23-2015

Welcome! I love your icon, too! It reminds me of the glow shark from Kelly Sue DeConnick's "Bitches Get Shit Done" meme.

You came at a good time since there's a lot of Halloween events going on. Event RP can seem daunting at first, since text just flies by, but you can at least get a read on a lot of characters at once. I like to find people on the fringes of the crowd and chat, personally.

I can't really help much with lore since I'm a don't sweat it type. I know what's relevant to my character and if something new comes up IC I don't have to fake being mystified by it. Gara finding out about Alagan stuff will be fun.

I hope to see you around in game! Big Grin

RE: Hello, hello! - SicketySix - 10-23-2015

I literally see dolphin like, 4x a week. One of the pleasures of living on the East coat of Florida and being an avid fisher!

Dolphins are cool, but sharks are where it's at man. I can even tell you a few close encounters with sharks while wade-fishing in shallow water. The power and speed of even the small ones like a black tip, downright amazing!

Anyways, Welcome to the RPC!

RE: Hello, hello! - Iruka - 10-23-2015

(10-23-2015, 03:20 AM)Nebbs Wrote: Welcome to Balmung and RPC, I would certainly look at the RP events being run over then next two weeks as there are many many.

As for clothing, I'd suggest finding an RP look and saving that, you can then wear this in town etc.. Then your random adventuring gear can be just that.

You probably know about FCs and LSs, there is a directory of ones here under the Linkshells Tab above.

Thank you! I'll be sure to look into events soon as well as start working on finding clothes I can settle on for roleplaying. I'm a bit indecisive so it maaay take me a while to find something.

(10-23-2015, 07:58 AM)Garalona Wrote: Welcome! I love your icon, too! It reminds me of the glow shark from Kelly Sue DeConnick's "Bitches Get Shit Done" meme.

You came at a good time since there's a lot of Halloween events going on. Event RP can seem daunting at first, since text just flies by, but you can at least get a read on a lot of characters at once. I like to find people on the fringes of the crowd and chat, personally.

I can't really help much with lore since I'm a don't sweat it type. I know what's relevant to my character and if something new comes up IC I don't have to fake being mystified by it. Gara finding out about Alagan stuff will be fun.

I hope to see you around in game! :D

I'm glad you like it! \o/
I'm a little intimidated by rping in general right now since I've never been around such a massive rp community! It's all very excited though so I'm sure I'll do much better once I get my feet off the ground. I'm definitely not too worried about getting to know every bit of lore since my character is definitely the aloof shut-in sort, I just wanna make sure I have anything he should know down in my head. I hope to see you too!

(10-23-2015, 08:22 AM)SicketySix Wrote: I literally see dolphin like, 4x a week. One of the pleasures of living on the East coat of Florida and being an avid fisher!

Dolphins are cool, but sharks are where it's at man. I can even tell you a few close encounters with sharks while wade-fishing in shallow water. The power and speed of even the small ones like a black tip, downright amazing!

Anyways, Welcome to the RPC!

I used to see dolphins every day! My hometown is an island on the Gulf Coast and I also used to work at a lot of marine life facilities that worked with them. I also worked with many sharks too; diving with them is a whole lot of fun! ♪

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome, I can't wait to get myself together and start getting into all the fun.

RE: Hello, hello! - Roe Dad - 10-23-2015

Welcome welcome!

RE: Hello, hello! - Garalona - 10-23-2015

There's always tavern RP to test the waters, though it can be hit and miss. The Quicksand in Ul'dah is always hopping. Limsa and even Gridania also have people drop by their adventurer's guilds from time to time, though they never get quite as packed as the Quicksand. Even Ishgard sees its share of RP if you're that far in the main story.

Oh! Almost forgot. The easiest way to identify other RPers (and identify yourself as one) is in your character search field. When you examine people, at the top of their character menu by their name you'll see a little word bubble that'll bring up their search info if they have any set. The Open RP linkshell is also handy for finding RP, though it's often filled to capacity.