Hydaelyn Role-Players
Mark of Hydalyn (Veteran mark) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Mark of Hydalyn (Veteran mark) (/showthread.php?tid=13907)

Mark of Hydalyn (Veteran mark) - Pioneer - 10-16-2015

So I've had this mark since forever but I have long since stopped playing the character it came from.  All the same I keep eyeing the mark and want to use it, possibly even the echo (without claiming to be the warrior of light because no thanks).  The rub is the character couldn't have been at Carteneu unless she was there when she was 10, and she's from Othard.  So..ideas as to how the mark could have appeared?

Love to hear your ideas and hope to get inspired by one!

RE: Mark of Hydalyn (Veteran mark) - Aysun - 10-16-2015

(10-16-2015, 12:04 AM)Haru Otohime Wrote: So I've had this mark since forever but I have long since stopped playing the character it came from.  All the same I keep eyeing the mark and want to use it, possibly even the echo (without claiming to be the warrior of light because no thanks).  The rub is the character couldn't have been at Carteneu unless she was there when she was 10, and she's from Othard.  So..ideas as to how the mark could have appeared?

The mark is only on those who were teleported through time by Louisoix at Carteneau. The only way I could think she'd end up with it is if she saw it, liked it, and got it tattooed. xD Or if it was another mark and you just used the legacy mark as a filler.

I'm sure there will be actual ideas of a more useful nature posted, however...

RE: Mark of Hydalyn (Veteran mark) - LiadansWhisper - 10-16-2015

(10-16-2015, 12:04 AM)Haru Otohime Wrote: So I've had this mark since forever but I have long since stopped playing the character it came from.  All the same I keep eyeing the mark and want to use it, possibly even the echo (without claiming to be the warrior of light because no thanks).  The rub is the character couldn't have been at Carteneu unless she was there when she was 10, and she's from Othard.  So..ideas as to how the mark could have appeared?

Lorewise, she can't have it unless she was teleported from Cartenau, as Aysun pointed out.

You could always have had a replica mark tattooed on her or something for some reason or another.

RE: Mark of Hydalyn (Veteran mark) - Warren Castille - 10-19-2015

To play devil's advocate: The only source we know of for it appearing currently is to have been at Carteneau.

...except not, because it wasn't required to have completed the 1.x MSQ to get it. You only had to be a legacy account.

...except that's the only instance we know of and can't be sure it hasn't existed as a brand before, either. It's a world of RP. If you want a cool tattoo, go for it. If you want it to mean something important, go for that, too. We know that people who were OG Warriors of Light have it, but we can't technically say that's the only source for it.

Disclosure: I personally do adhere to the "this happened when you got teleported" school of thought.

RE: Mark of Hydalyn (Veteran mark) - -no longer matters- - 10-19-2015

As others have said say it's a replica..  or maybe....  it means something else over seas.... dun dun duuuuuuuuun.

What ever you choose having the right crowd to reveal it to is always what makes things work or not work.