Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hello Everyone~ - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Hello Everyone~ (/showthread.php?tid=13809)

Hello Everyone~ - ProperHunter - 10-08-2015

Hi there, im kinda new to this whole thing and im looking for some friends. I am really relaxed and im hard to offend, im basicly up for anything.

--Ive played a few MMO's including WoW, Requiem and Wonderland online. there are more that I have played but I cant remember them all.
--I havent connected my Roleplaying and Gaming together but this will e a "Test" for me, I play D&D often.
--My character is a hot headed guy who although can be aggressive can also be calm and caring at moments.
--I was searching around, and stumbled onto this group out of sheer luck.
--I am going to aim to be a medium/heavy Roleplayer.
--I work alot so my availability might flux alot, I put a bit of myself into my characters so if my character is insulted for his bad character design I take that as a insult towards me as well. I enjoy almost all types of Roleplays.

RE: Hello Everyone~ - Olofantur - 10-08-2015

Greetings, welcome to the RPC and Eorzea!

Sounds like you've got a pretty firm idea of what you'd like to approach the community with, have you considered looking at some of the public resources?

The wiki system might seem a bit intimidating, but its quite the way to present yourself and gets more traffic than people might think.

That aside if you've any questions or concerns, feel free to drop a line, in game or otherwise.

RE: Hello Everyone~ - Elena - 10-08-2015

Hi there! Welcome!

RE: Hello Everyone~ - ProperHunter - 10-08-2015

Thank you Olofantur, I will take a look at it.

Hi and thank you Elena.

RE: Hello Everyone~ - Nebbs - 10-08-2015

Welcome

A good reference is [The Role-Play Handbook] a great resource.

If on Balmung check out the [RP Linkskell & Free Company Lists for Balmung] for things that suit you. Or if another server there may be some listed. A Linkshell is like an in game chat channel and you can have 8, and a Free Company is like a Guild.

RE: Hello Everyone~ - SessionZero - 10-08-2015

(10-08-2015, 12:35 PM)ProperHunter Wrote: Hi there, im kinda new to this whole thing and im looking for some friends. I am really relaxed and im hard to offend, im basicly up for anything.

--Ive played a few MMO's including WoW, Requiem and Wonderland online. there are more that I have played but I cant remember them all.
--I havent connected my Roleplaying and Gaming together but this will e a "Test" for me, I play D&D often.
--My character is a hot headed guy who although can be aggressive can also be calm and caring at moments.
--I work alot so my availability might flux alot, I put a bit of myself into my characters so if my character is insulted for his bad character design I take that as a insult towards me as well. I enjoy almost all types of Roleplays.

I'm not sure if the bolded is supposed to mean during in-character interaction or out-of-character criticism of the character itself but either way I would suggest taking some time to have that not be a thing, or else you're gonna have a bad time. 

Both people and their characters can be ruthless at times, and almost everyone can agree that a degree of separation is required to really keep your RP enjoyable and drama-free for everyone.

RE: Hello Everyone~ - Garalona - 10-08-2015

(10-08-2015, 12:48 PM)SessionZero Wrote:
(10-08-2015, 12:35 PM)ProperHunter Wrote: Hi there, im kinda new to this whole thing and im looking for some friends. I am really relaxed and im hard to offend, im basicly up for anything.

I'm not sure if the bolded is supposed to mean during in-character interaction or out-of-character criticism of the character itself but either way I would suggest taking some time to have that not be a thing, or else you're gonna have a bad time. 

Both people and their characters can be ruthless at times, and almost everyone can agree that a degree of separation is required to really keep your RP enjoyable and drama-free for everyone.

Wise, words these.

In any case, I look forward to seeing you around in game! Big Grin

SessionZero, Its meant for out of character and I cant fix it. Its a thing Ii have to do in order to actually "Keep" the character.

Garalona I hope to see you in the game as well.

RE: Hello Everyone~ - Lucius Ignatius - 10-08-2015

Welcome! If on Balmung, please feel free to approach Kiht'a!

RE: Hello Everyone~ - Faye - 10-08-2015

Welcome to the RPC! I'm gonna have to echo SessionZero sentiments; that kinda attitude is a red flag for most role-players and will inevitably lead to drama. I recommend trying to distance yourself from your character and trying out some new concepts that are separate from who you are OOC.

RE: Hello Everyone~ - SicketySix - 10-08-2015

(10-08-2015, 12:35 PM)ProperHunter Wrote: I am really relaxed and im hard to offend
if my character is insulted for his bad character design I take that as a insult towards me as well.

Soooo, which is it? lmao

SicketySix, its kinda both, its hard to offend me, but if my character is insulted without a valid argument out of character I get pretty riled up. The most I will do though is completely iqnore the person who manages to anger me enough.

RE: Hello Everyone~ - SicketySix - 10-09-2015

Just pullin' your leg buddySmile

Welcome to the RPC!