Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] [HoD] Monster Bash! 10/29/15 9pm EST - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Balmung] [HoD] Monster Bash! 10/29/15 9pm EST (/showthread.php?tid=13736)

Pages: 1 2 3

[HoD] Monster Bash! 10/29/15 9pm EST - Arrelaine - 10-03-2015

Come one, come all!
Get your fright night on at the
Monster Bash!

Join us for a spooktacular Bash taking place at the Harbingers of Dawn tavern! We'll be having it outside, with our usual tavern shenanigans coupled with amazing events and spooky themed snacks and drinks! (( It'll be at the HoD manor, Plot 58 Ward 5 in the Lavender beds! It'll take place of our normal tavern night, which begins at 9pm EST!))

~Games~
Apple bobbing: At our tiny little rock pond, you'll find all sorts of apples floating and bobbing in the water. Try your best to catch a Mirror apple! Try as many times as you'd like! (( 1-99 rolls are EPIC FAILS and you don't get an apple, but have fun emoting failing! We'll have someone on staff to keep you from drowning. Wink 100- 599 gets a Faerie apple, and 600-999 gets a Mirror apple. These are both going to be non-HQ apples. Again there's no limit to how many times you can try, but to make sure everyone gets a chance after each try you need to go to the back of the line!))
Spooky Story: Gather around the campfire to try to scare the other party-goers! The company is not responsible for any soiled undergarments.

~Costume Contest~
This year, it'll be just a bit different from last year. First thing you'll notice is categories! Second thing is there's going to be a sign-up with a cut-off date. Thirdly, you can only enter ONE category. These are to ensure that everyone gets a chance to enter, while not bombarding judges with how many of you there are! We'll also be asking for two judges that are not from Harbingers of Dawn to judge alongside our own judge. Judges will remain secret until just before the judging begins! Contestants and potential judges are encouraged to contact Arrelaine Fashonti! (( As far as entering the contest goes, all you have to do is make a post with your character's name and chosen category. Remember, you can only enter one category! I'll include a contestant post in a reply under this one! As for judges, please send me your character name, FC name (this is to ensure we're not getting multiple judges from the same FC!) through in-game mail, forum PM or tumblr mail! The cut off dates for judges and contestants is the 28th!))
Costume contest categories:
Spoooooky/Scary: Enter your spookiest costume! Whomever scares or creeps the judges out the most wins! The winner gets a Book 64 minion!
Funny: Got a costume that will leave the judges in stitches from split sides? This is the category for you! The winner gets a Mummy's Little Mummy minion!
Cosplay: ((We realize this might go a bit into the realm of OOC, but it's meant to be fun!)) Have a costume that's the spitting image of a legendary character or famous person/celebrity? The one that looks the most like a double of that person wins! The winner gets an Ugly Duckling minion!
Couple's/Group: Got two other friends or a significant other who just makes a great costume group? With a limit of three per group, the ones who wow the judges wins! The prize is a bag of three hundred thousand gil to be split amongst the group.

~Spooky food and drinks~
Along with our usual selection of drinks, we're adding some horrific cheer to our usual menu! You can find the following being served by our bartenders:
Lady Fingers! Topped with an almond, these cookies are sure to keep you fingering them all!
[Image: Halloween-Lady-Fingers.jpg]
Dirt Cake! And it wouldn't be Dirt Cake without some juicy, delectable gummy worms!
[Image: ce2b9b23f4510b9139d4523a7bc12939.jpg]

Witches' Brew! We're not really sure what's in it, it was made by a bone-afide witch!
[Image: green-dry-ice-cocktail1.jpg]
And much, much more! We hope to see you there!

RE: [HoD] Monster Bash! 10/29/15 9pm EST - Arrelaine - 10-03-2015

Costume contest participants ((don't forget! The cut-off date is the 28th!)):

Irridias Velnyx - Cosplay
Syranelle Ironleaf - Cosplay
Yuuki Sakurai and Ayane Sakurai - Couple's/group
Ritsu Knoltros, Flynt Knoltros, Roger Holmes - Couple's/Group
Solmund Whyte - Cosplay
Metza'li Viqstra - Cosplay
Alistair Phoenix and Kanami - Couple's/Group
Ushiyo Yumishi - Spooky
Locke Fairwind - Cosplay
Solenne Lagarde and Isarmont Sorel - Couple's/group
Raisa Ana'Marianna and Maki Ocake - couple's/Group
Ayleis Miyara- Cosplay
Flameson Hammersmith- Spooky
Dormin Explosivo - Funny
Tharsis Tor - Spooky

RE: [HoD] Monster Bash! 10/29/15 9pm EST - Arrelaine - 10-09-2015

We have a couple of costume contest participants and judge applications, weeeeeee! Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with for the costumes! More competition!

RE: [HoD] Monster Bash! 10/29/15 9pm EST - Faye - 10-10-2015

Come sign up for the costume contest! Big Grin

RE: [HoD] Monster Bash! 10/29/15 9pm EST - SicketySix - 10-10-2015

I'll be late but will definitely finally attend one of y'all's events, sounds exciting!

RE: [HoD] Monster Bash! 10/29/15 9pm EST - Faith Stormstrike - 10-10-2015

Sounds like an awesome event!

RE: [HoD] Monster Bash! 10/29/15 9pm EST - Arrelaine - 10-10-2015

(10-10-2015, 10:49 PM)SicketySix Wrote: I'll be late but will definitely finally attend one of y'all's events, sounds exciting!
You can still sign up for the contest if you'd like! We figure we'd do the costume contest an hour/hour and a half in to allow late-comers and let people settle into the party!

RE: [HoD] Monster Bash! 10/29/15 9pm EST - Arrelaine - 10-12-2015

We now have a little under 200 Jack-o-Lanterns to give out, too! Yaaay perception buffz!

RE: [HoD] Monster Bash! 10/29/15 9pm EST - Arrelaine - 10-15-2015

Changed the cut off date to the 28th for signing up for the contest! We have some neat prizes this year! And we have 300+ of each apple, I hope to see some funny apple bobbing going on! Big Grin

RE: [HoD] Monster Bash! 10/29/15 9pm EST - Cynel1 - 10-18-2015

This Costume contest sounds Interesting.

RE: [HoD] Monster Bash! 10/29/15 9pm EST - Arrelaine - 10-20-2015

A week to go! We also have more apples, we're definitely not running out of apples!

RE: [HoD] Monster Bash! 10/29/15 9pm EST - Ritsu - 10-22-2015

Group costume.
Ritsu Knoltros
Flynt Knoltros
Roger Holmes

RE: [HoD] Monster Bash! 10/29/15 9pm EST - Vyce - 10-22-2015

Cosplay Costume. (I'll shift to funny if there are too many in Cosplay)

Solmund Whyte! I'll be in your guild.

RE: [HoD] Monster Bash! 10/29/15 9pm EST - Arrelaine - 10-22-2015

Got both of you!

RE: [HoD] Monster Bash! 10/29/15 9pm EST - Vyce - 10-22-2015

I edited! I must have been too slow.