Hydaelyn Role-Players
Cursing in the city-states! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Cursing in the city-states! (/showthread.php?tid=13645)

Pages: 1 2

Cursing in the city-states! - Riven - 09-30-2015

What do you guys think are some phrases that can be used as IC swears given each city-state?

RE: Cursing in the city-states! - Kage - 09-30-2015

I believe "Thal's balls" is a pretty good Ul'dahn one ;p

RE: Cursing in the city-states! - Masaki Moui - 09-30-2015

Yeah that's a good one!

And I've heard "Matron's teats!", "by the hells", "Curse the Twelve!", "the seven hells", "Shite", "Bloody", "Bleedin'" (Millicent's got quite the mouth), "flies on muck", "Byregot's beard"... All around Gridania.

And I've kind of always liked: "Ifirit take the last." But I don't think it's a curse so much as it's said about leaving/not leaving a person behind. I got that from the Red Swallows up in Greater La Noscea.

RE: Cursing in the city-states! - SessionZero - 09-30-2015

A good friend of mine is partial to, "Halone's frozen tits!"

RE: Cursing in the city-states! - FreelanceWizard - 09-30-2015

Lominsans tend to be fans of "swivvin'", "the seven hells," "bloody," "shite," and "arse." Pirate slang will serve you well in Vylbrand. Smile

RE: Cursing in the city-states! - Mia Moui - 09-30-2015

I heard Mylla shout "godsdammit" yesterday.  We were ambushed by a purple Miqo'te who was so cute, my character just stood there staring.

Mia

RE: Cursing in the city-states! - Hammersmith - 09-30-2015

"Aw hell Naul" works good for Hammer stomes

RE: Cursing in the city-states! - Melkire - 09-30-2015

(09-30-2015, 02:23 PM)FreelanceWizard Wrote: Lominsans tend to be fans of "swivvin'", "the seven hells," "bloody," "shite," and "arse." Pirate slang will serve you well in Vylbrand. Smile

"Rutting" is also yet another euphemism for the F-word in addition to "swiving" Smile

Any variation on "Twelves' _____" will also serve you well. Twelve preserve, Twelves' sakes, etc.

RE: Cursing in the city-states! - myahele - 09-30-2015

Gridanians
Greenwrath upon you!

RE: Cursing in the city-states! - Zetchryn - 09-30-2015

"Ifrit's flaming balls!" I heard the other day.

RE: Cursing in the city-states! - FreelanceWizard - 09-30-2015

Oh, here's two others:

Althyk's dick!
Nophica's tits! (Or teats, or... well. You've seen the official art for the Adders, surely?)

Rhyming curses involving the gods seem to always be popular. Smile

RE: Cursing in the city-states! - Kage - 09-30-2015

I'm sure someone somewhere has a curse related to the Sultana, the Sultanate or the Syndicate.

... I'm just not that person.

RE: Cursing in the city-states! - Momoka - 09-30-2015

(09-30-2015, 02:19 PM)SessionZero Wrote: A good friend of mine is partial to, "Halone's frozen tits!"

yes. "friend".

RE: Cursing in the city-states! - SessionZero - 09-30-2015

(09-30-2015, 09:01 PM)Moon Wrote:
(09-30-2015, 02:19 PM)SessionZero Wrote: A good friend of mine is partial to, "Halone's frozen tits!"

yes. "friend".

I'M TRYING TO RESPECT YOUR ONLINE PRIVACY WOMAN.

RE: Cursing in the city-states! - Telluride - 09-30-2015

I upgraded to "Halone's Hoary Hymen!" some time ago. It gets some weird looks, which I take as a compliment.