Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Theater Troupe? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Theater Troupe? (/showthread.php?tid=13606)

[Balmung] Theater Troupe? - Harknezz - 09-27-2015

Hey guys, 

I'm working on something right now and the thought popped in my head. I was wonder, are there any theater troupes or anything like them around on Balmung? With all the different locations set up like stages, I feel like there's some cool things that could be done.

RE: [Balmung] Theater Troupe? - Cliodhna Eoghan - 09-27-2015

(09-26-2015, 01:08 AM)Telluride Wrote: ;p

*forceably drags over nathan*
this person right here! you're gonn want to talk to him, he's been kicking around the idea again about starting one up Big Grin

RE: [Balmung] Theater Troupe? - Telluride - 09-27-2015

There are a couple of guilds that do shows and presentations, or have done so before, or have it listed in their activities. Lansquenet is an IC troupe that uses performance as a cover for illicit activity, and Crescent is an FC that promotes and assists with RP events and the like; you can check out their linkshell information.

I have been part of a group called Soliloquy that was a linkshell promoting and organizing IC performing bards, but the group has fallen off from inactivity after a few key members have gone on to other interests or have drastically reduced their playtime. We did some pretty fun stuff in the times we were most active, though.

I would indeed like to revive this sort of activity. A number of active RPers are working to put on a combined talent show and costume contest in about a month; it's a work in progress at the moment, but you can find the thread here:

Celebration of Autumn Stars

If this works well, and we get a good supporting group of people, I'll be doing my best to try to reorganize a new performance troupe, or incorporate with others who wish to do so, perhaps helping to bring them together.

RE: [Balmung] Theater Troupe? - Harknezz - 09-27-2015

Awesome! I'll have to look for those groups, and I'd love to talk to you privately sometime about things!

I have plans the day of your event unfortunately, or would be there=/

RE: [Balmung] Theater Troupe? - Nebbs - 09-27-2015

What Telluride says, there are quite a few.

I'd be happy to be involved in any resurgence of such things. Of late I have been solo performing one-woman-plays and songs.

My own FC built a stage into the basement and I know of other FCs that have done likewise. We even had some other trope around practising the other week.

GL with the trope, just post on here when you need input and bodies.

I know HoD has a stage in the basement, and that's part of the reason I ask. My character Alec isn't an acting type, but I have been wanting an alt for other things, and would love to be a part of it.

I've also been working recently on a bigger event, that I won't mention here, as my FC and I are still planning it, and it would have need of Bards and acting troupes.

One other thing I have, that is about done, is a modified version of the play from Final Fantasy 9, "I want to be your Canary". I have been making it fit Hydaelyn, abut still used the same names, for reasons that will be shown when I post it.

(09-27-2015, 03:44 PM)Harknezz Wrote: ...
One other thing I have, that is about done, is a modified version of the play from Final Fantasy 9, "I want to be your Canary". I have been making it fit Hydaelyn, abut still used the same names, for reasons that will be shown when I post it.

Then check out this topic I Want to Be Your Canary (EU-Friendly) (Date and Time Pending)

Show Content

Val just linked me that as well. Did it ever happen? All I am working on right now is a fullscript, since it cuts around it in the game, but I'd love to hear how it went if it happened.

(09-27-2015, 04:09 PM)Harknezz Wrote: Val just linked me that as well. Did it ever happen? All I am working on right now is a fullscript, since it cuts around it in the game, but I'd love to hear how it went if it happened.

I would contact SM Nick for details

(09-27-2015, 04:13 PM)Nebbs Wrote:
(09-27-2015, 04:09 PM)Harknezz Wrote: Val just linked me that as well. Did it ever happen? All I am working on right now is a fullscript, since it cuts around it in the game, but I'd love to hear how it went if it happened.

I would contact SM Nick for details

Done =] Also, I can't watch your video at work, but will once I get off, I can't wait to see it.