Hydaelyn Role-Players
Reintroduction: Hello, again! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Reintroduction: Hello, again! (/showthread.php?tid=13589)

Reintroduction: Hello, again! - Masaki Moui - 09-25-2015

A couple years ago I introduced myself (back during the 2.0 beta) and reading the last welcome desk message I realized I should really do this again because I've been an on-again, off-again player. I came back about 3 months before the release of HW and have been stuck to the game like glue ever since. So! ...

--MMORPG background
Final Fantasy XI mostly where I played for like ten years or longer. I plinked around in Aion for a short time but couldn't get in to it beyond the fantastic character creation process.

--RP experience
Everything tabletop for me and I've been gaming a long time. I was around when LARP was first being introduced by White Wolf and saw Magic the Gathering come to the scene, etc. I love all kinds of tabletop RPGs like GURPS, Champions, D&D, Shadowrun, stuff like that. I also spent a good deal of time building original worlds as RP moved online into chat forums and online boards. I come from both an acting and a writing background in real life so that informs a lot of my RP habits.

--Character info
I play on Balmung server with a Miqo'te Keeper of the Moon but I have a ton of alts that I also play pretty seriously. I have one main alt right now, but I'm usually playing on Masaki Moui. Masaki's biography is up at my free company website along with all the other bios, but the elevator pitch is that he's a bard and scout in the Shroud.

--How did you learn about the coalition?
I first learned about the coalition back during the opening of 2.0, came and posted a hello message and did a little posting back then. A lot of the realm lore was still undisclosed to me so I had a hard time back then trying to get my character going beyond being a fun-to-play 18 year-old trickster. Coming back before HW helped that evolution a bit more but he's still a youngster.

--What kind of a role-player are you? Light, medium, or heavy?
I am a flexible, heavy RPer. I will communicate a lot OOC with people because I believe trust is important before you can get serious with your RP. I prefer a lot of immersion even though I keep checking the temperature in OOC when I can. I stick to canon where canon makes sense. I'm not a hardcore devotee of canon so I do deviate from time to time and that's why I put in the flexible disclaimer. I love lore - it's my collectible.

I co-run the MQ Free Company with Soji Mori. You'll usually run in to us at Balmung events where we're having a good time. We spend a lot of time out in the field playing the game so we tend to RP while we're playing through the content. Not a lot of 'sit-still RP' for us mostly because the Free Company takes a lot of time, time that we enjoy putting in to it, but still it can eclipse a lot for us. We also tend to spend the majority of our time in the Shroud.

Okay so that's my reintroduction and I'm glad I posted it. Hello again everyone.

RE: Reintroduction: Hello, again! - Faye - 09-25-2015

Hello there, welcome back! Big Grin

RE: Reintroduction: Hello, again! - SicketySix - 09-25-2015

Welcome back!

RE: Reintroduction: Hello, again! - Roe Dad - 09-25-2015

Welcome and Hello!

RE: Reintroduction: Hello, again! - Zaheela - 09-26-2015

Welcome back to the fold, it has much to offer.

RE: Reintroduction: Hello, again! - Masaki Moui - 09-26-2015

Thanks to you all. Smile