Hydaelyn Role-Players
Make a wish baby..... - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Make a wish baby..... (/showthread.php?tid=13482)

Pages: 1 2

Make a wish baby..... - Erik Mynhier - 09-19-2015

Show Content

A little fun distraction here, though I will be taking some of these ideas to the english and japanese official forums for the devs to see. The title says it all, what do you want? One thing you would seriously like to see added. Don't stress over lore or whatever, just something you would like. I'll start so you can see what I mean.

I want a Phoenix two-seater flying mount with a matching obedient minion that lands on the shoulder and what-not.minion. Not sure if Coil is a spoiler at this point, but with that vid they released showing everything that happens at the end I'm going to assume its been long enough...

I would very much like to ride on this, but I would hope it looks a bit nicer out of that dark chamber. I like my firebirds to be a bit brighter red.
[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

Minion....
[Image: Fawkes3.png]

On the shoulder of a future samurai lol.
[Image: cowboy%20bebop%20vicious%201024x768%20wa...com_30.jpg]

RE: Make a wish baby..... - ProvaDiServo - 09-19-2015

I want a race of rather bulky multi armed folk. And I want the males to be the shorter of the two. And I want the women to be FemRoe height.

RE: Make a wish baby..... - Blue - 09-19-2015

Ohhh boy, just one?

I'd like a full-animal four-legged playable race. And if I could choose which animal, I'd of course vote for horses (or a variant of that). They're all my life.

However, I'd not allow this race to be designed by the same guy who designed the existing horse/unicorn mounts. Those are damn awful to me and have all their joints in the wrong places.

I'd hire whoever it is who designed the Uma kabutos for them. THOSE were proper horses.

RE: Make a wish baby..... - Oli! - 09-19-2015

Wildstar-level housing. That's INSTANCED.

I N S T A N C E D.

Bonus points if it's just an empty space I can do whatever I want with.

RE: Make a wish baby..... - Cato - 09-19-2015

(09-19-2015, 06:46 PM) soOli! Wrote: Wildstar-level housing. That's INSTANCED.

I N S T A N C E D.

This, really. Housing is obviously going to be a feature that is expanded upon heavily as time goes on...and yet it's so ridiculously exclusive to the point where most players will never get to enjoy it in full for themselves.

Tying in with that? Allow us to use certain outdoor decorations indoors and within our personal rooms too.

RE: Make a wish baby..... - Aaron - 09-19-2015

I wish there was pvp initiation similar to that of SAO.

RE: Make a wish baby..... - Cliodhna Eoghan - 09-19-2015

i would love the ability to have some mounts out like minions with perhaps pose options. (like the sleeping choco's you see out in horizon!) i rp having a calvary drake ic (habanero <3) but when i write for him in game you cant really picture me saying i'm leaning on him if he's not there xnx

RE: Make a wish baby..... - Mae - 09-19-2015

I want the ability to 'assign' some of the other mounts as companions, even if it's just technically a skin/glamour type thing. Basically anything that has a normal-mob equivalent already roaming the world would, I think, not be too difficult since they already have battle/ability animations.

I want to fight alongside my Direwolf instead of the stupid Dumpling-brain >_>

RE: Make a wish baby..... - Cliodhna Eoghan - 09-19-2015

(09-19-2015, 08:09 PM)Mae Wrote: I want the ability to 'assign' some of the other mounts as companions, even if it's just technically a skin/glamour type thing. Basically anything that has a normal-mob equivalent already roaming the world would, I think, not be too difficult since they already have battle/ability animations.

I want to fight alongside my Direwolf instead of the stupid Dumpling-brain >_>

oh this this this!!!! Big Grin

i make my bird wear the hat of shame when i'm mad at her (vday event hat) like when she lets me die and tries to cure my corpse >.>

RE: Make a wish baby..... - Erik Mynhier - 09-19-2015

(09-19-2015, 06:46 PM)Oli! Wrote: Wildstar-level housing. That's INSTANCED.

I N S T A N C E D.

If you go to the Calamity Salvanger in Ul'dah and look in the direction he is facing, across from him you will see a door attached to a very tall building. I always thought that was a perfect spot to put instance-based apartment type housing. Bigger then a personal room, maybe the size of two rooms with a wall and door dividing them. Not sure where you could find such a place in the other cities but yeah.

RE: Make a wish baby..... - Blue - 09-19-2015

(09-19-2015, 08:27 PM)Erik Mynhier Wrote:

I N S T A N C E D.

If you go to the Calamity Salvanger in Ul'dah and look in the direction he is facing, across from him you will see a door attached to a very tall building. I always thought that was a perfect spot to put instance-based apartment type housing. Bigger then a personal room, maybe the size of two rooms with a wall and door dividing them. Not sure where you could find such a place in the other cities but yeah.

That place is related to the BLM storyline however, so it already has a purpose of sorts.

Personally, I think that after a certain Lalafell's demise, the Platinum Mirage could be repuporsed as a luxury apartments building. Though, in order for it to make sense, it'd require to have 2.55 completed, so probably not...

RE: Make a wish baby..... - Erik Mynhier - 09-20-2015

(09-19-2015, 10:39 PM)Blue Wrote:
(09-19-2015, 08:27 PM)Erik Mynhier Wrote:

I N S T A N C E D.

That place is related to the BLM storyline however, so it already has a purpose of sorts.

Personally, I think that after a certain Lalafell's demise, the Platinum Mirage could be repuporsed as a luxury apartments building. Though, in order for it to make sense, it'd require to have 2.55 completed, so probably not...

Not the temple behind him, the little tall building in front of him.

RE: Make a wish baby..... - 13uddy - 09-20-2015

Patchwork stuffed animal minions.  It could be anything from a simple reskin of a chocobo chick to look like it is made of patchwork material or it could be a newly made teddy bear model that appears as if it is made of parts from various old teddy bears and a few patches with mismatched button eyes.

And I would also like to see more "casual" appearance clothes and armor in general that is either not flashy or formal or that doesn't look like it provides much protection.  Maybe even some worn out or ratty looking hand-me-downs like a patched up robe or mismatched boots (like one metal armor boot and one short leather shoe).

RE: Make a wish baby..... - Dante Abigor - 09-22-2015

The ability to craft YOUR CHARACTER as an in game minion with custom armor sets and generic behaviors so that you could essentially turn a character into an in game idol, and dominate the already saturated Market Board game with even more outrageous prices.

Take this limited edition *Erik wearing the female hempen undershirt, pantalettes*

ITS ONE OF A KIND!

RE: Make a wish baby..... - Gegenji - 09-22-2015

APB/The Sims level character customization for the races, doubly APB-style if we can include the customization engine for gear too.

I just straight-up love being able to finagle and design my characters and, while the current character creation system allows for some decent variety, I'm always hungry for more. I suppose this is obvious in that I try to play a character who is off-model ICly (Lala with muscles!), but also I think having more customization would keep Highlander males from all having the same face, for example.

And if you get the clothing detail engine from APB, then you can really make some clothing look your own - something a little deeper than just dying it a color. Free range over all the colors, ability to apply decals and lettering... just the amount of variety in design of both character and gear that I think could come from that would be delightful to see.

... Obviously you'd have some nightmarish stuff here and there, clothing that's nothing but neon and horribly disproportional features on a character, but I feel the increased variety would be worth it.