Hydaelyn Role-Players
Sups nerds! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Sups nerds! (/showthread.php?tid=13475)

Sups nerds! - Miko - 09-19-2015

Name on the thread is, well, I -THINK- it's Miko, could be wrong! You tell me, does that poster info thing say Miko? No? LIES.
Okay, now putting whatever that mess of a first two lines is aside, Hi! I'm your newest noob. I've seen for a few months some stuff from fellow RP'ers from another game I play, and have participated in one of their art streams a couple times, and long story short, got interested in giving RP here a go. Before then, I played the 2 week trial for this game on the Cactuar server, and will admit that my first thoughts were of how much potential Final Fantasy has for RP!

--MMORPG background
I haven't truly played MMORPGs nearly as long as most other people have, but I'm not a total noob either! At least, I don't consider myself one! My first true MMORPG experience was in a game called Wildstar, which I began to play back towards the official game launch. I still actively play this game, enjoying it's content. Enough so that it's one of the few items I've bothered to give a special category in Steam! Before then, my experience with online games has largely been with games such as the ARMA series. You know, those games Smile

--RP experience
I started sorta RP'ing many years ago, but I can't call it actual RP. It was really more of the messes in Garry's Mod and ARMA III servers. You know, the type where every action involves gunfire, insulting the police and running around screaming RANDOM ARREST and RDM'ING SCUMBAG. Glad to say I wasn't one of the people doing those things, not glad to say I spent a good deal of my free time in those scenes.

I began my first actual RP about a year ago, October 2014, when Wildstar underwent a huge merge of their servers. I decided about a week before that, since everyone in my guild had transferred off to one of the more active pvp servers, I would give the dedicated RP realm a try. I'm really happy I did, too! The super friendly community there taught me really everything I know now, and the experiences I've had IC'ly and OOC'ly has helped to open my mind to different things, and in my opinion changed my life for the better. 

A year after starting RP, I still have a long way to go before I'd consider myself a good RP'er, but I'm getting there! At least I think I am!

--Character ideas/info
The idea I have right now for Miko'ra Panipahr (yes, I know, a generated surname. I was never good at surnames!) is something a bit different from Wildstar's typically friendly atmosphere. I've been wanting to for a while play a character that leans more towards being a bad guy. You know, the twisted, sadistic type of person who gets a kick out of making you scream? Yea, that right there. Of course, I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to get him any connections if he just goes around laughing like a psychopath and pouncing on people with knives and arcane fire (like some of my characters from other games may do. Varynn, Macia, lookin' at you two.) 

So, right now I'm thinking Miko'ra would be the kidn of guy who you might have a drink with. Sure, his smile is a bit discomforting, but surely he's not such a bad guy, right? Then you find out his favorite hobby is torturing people. Yep. A real swell guy.

--How did you learn about the coalition?
I was greeted by Eloweth Ayers OOC'ly while standing around in Ul'dah. We talked a bit, and when I asked if a site such as this existed, they gave me the URL! Big thanks to you, Eloweth!
--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?
Good question. Just like in Wildstar, I'm not going to be considering activities such as PvE, PvP or crafting to be really big concerns of mine. RP is my big motivation for playing these games. That being said however, I unfortunately don't have the time to sit on my computer all day RP'ing! 
I enjoy complex storylines and things such as that, however I can't say I'm skilled or active enough to be considered a heavy RP'ers. Medium RP would be me then, I guess!

I've got quite a bit to learn about how things work in this community! Believe me when I say I jumped in here knowing pretty much nothing of the way things work around here! That said, I've heard some wonderful things from people who play and RP in this game, and I can't wait to get started!

RE: Sups nerds! - Roe Dad - 09-19-2015

Welcome to RPc!

RE: Sups nerds! - Lucius Ignatius - 09-22-2015

Welcome! Definitely give me a poke if you see Kiht'a Zajhiri IG! I would really like to get some conflict RP going with him.

RE: Sups nerds! - Miko - 09-23-2015

Yay! Welcoming message thing stuffs! I'm glad to be here, looking forward to some FUN STUFF.

(09-22-2015, 07:57 AM)Kihta Zajhiri Wrote: Welcome! Definitely give me a poke if you see Kiht'a Zajhiri IG! I would really like to get some conflict RP going with him.
I'll have to remember that! Will give a passing poke, if I see you Smile

RE: Sups nerds! - Faye - 09-23-2015

Hello there, welcome, Miko! Big Grin

RE: Sups nerds! - SicketySix - 09-25-2015

Sup sup, nerd.
Welcome to RPC.