Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hairstyle voting begins! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Hairstyle voting begins! (/showthread.php?tid=13237)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Hairstyle voting begins! - ProvaDiServo - 09-03-2015

(09-03-2015, 01:04 AM)Aldotsk Wrote: And also, I've seen nasty complaints before and attacking developers and Yoshida about this "unfair" result and all I can say is , this is why we can't have nice things.

Well they are developers, they should be used to taking the complaints to the chin, it's part of the territory that comes with a fanbase.

It's natural for me the consumer to make controversy when something I feel passionate about is ignored or dismissed by the powers that be.

RE: Hairstyle voting begins! - Flickering Ember - 09-03-2015

I agree with you Prova.
As long as people are constructive, don't resort to name calling or cursing, aren't rude then I don't see the need to shut people down because they disagree on something. Complaining is just fine and I have tried my best to not take it out on the entries.

RE: Hairstyle voting begins! - LiadansWhisper - 09-03-2015

Yup, have to echo the two before me - there's nothing wrong with complaining, and the devs should be able to handle complaints since that's their job.  As long as the complaints are worded politely and without personal attacks, there is nothing wrong with speaking up if you are upset about something.  We are paying customers.

RE: Hairstyle voting begins! - rainichan - 09-03-2015

My guess is that they're under a time constraint if it's for 3.1, which is why they made the rules strict in "it has to be this length" and they chose hairstyles fairly easy to implement quickly (braids exist, you have to adapt them, as do ponytails and some of the hairstyles some of them are similar to exist and are easily adaptable.) To me that doesn't mean they won't adapt some of the others; in the contest info they even said "if we see that one is really liked that wasn't a winner, we may implement it in the future" (not a direct quote, but paraphrased) so it's fully possible they'll put something in a future patch as they'll have more time.

All of the nastiness that's going around though makes me upset. There's no need to be that buttblasted over one not making it. I liked some of the ones that were shown on the live letter that didn't make it, but with some of the things going around being said about the finalists is bad. Disappointment is one thing, but belittling someone else because you're disappointed? Whole 'nother story. If they do this again I really do hope they'll allow more than one out of each category to win, and have more than just 25 to choose from, but this may leave a sour taste in the devs mouths. :\

RE: Hairstyle voting begins! - Artigan - 09-04-2015

(09-03-2015, 06:27 PM)rainichan Wrote: My guess is that they're under a time constraint if it's for 3.1, which is why they made the rules strict in "it has to be this length" and they chose hairstyles fairly easy to implement quickly (braids exist, you have to adapt them, as do ponytails and some of the hairstyles some of them are similar to exist and are easily adaptable.) To me that doesn't mean they won't adapt some of the others; in the contest info they even said "if we see that one is really liked that wasn't a winner, we may implement it in the future" (not a direct quote, but paraphrased) so it's fully possible they'll put something in a future patch as they'll have more time.

All of the nastiness that's going around though makes me upset. There's no need to be that buttblasted over one not making it. I liked some of the ones that were shown on the live letter that didn't make it, but with some of the things going around being said about the finalists is bad. Disappointment is one thing, but belittling someone else because you're disappointed? Whole 'nother story. If they do this again I really do hope they'll allow more than one out of each category to win, and have more than just 25 to choose from, but this may leave a sour taste in the devs mouths. :\

Buttblasted? Lmfao

RE: Hairstyle voting begins! - Fox - 09-04-2015

(09-03-2015, 06:27 PM)rainichan Wrote: My guess is that they're under a time constraint if it's for 3.1, which is why they made the rules strict in "it has to be this length" and they chose hairstyles fairly easy to implement quickly (braids exist, you have to adapt them, as do ponytails and some of the hairstyles some of them are similar to exist and are easily adaptable.) To me that doesn't mean they won't adapt some of the others; in the contest info they even said "if we see that one is really liked that wasn't a winner, we may implement it in the future" (not a direct quote, but paraphrased) so it's fully possible they'll put something in a future patch as they'll have more time.

I'd have to agree with this as well.
I mean people can say all they want "I'm a paying customer!"; but that doesn't mean that it's cool to act like an arse about it. Not saying anyone specific in this thread; but rather I have seen the vitriol in general over this whole thing. There's a way to give feedback and inform people are displeased without making excuses to treat other people like crap because they're the artist of the hairstyle, saying they didn't deserve it- etc.

RE: Hairstyle voting begins! - Meena - 09-04-2015

i'm not happy with many of the hairstyles on vote. It feels like they just picked some at random.

RE: Hairstyle voting begins! - Rose - 09-04-2015

I'm in love with female style 23! Heart

It also looks like female 16 has overtaken 21 right now, too. I'd much prefer to see 16 over 21 in-game (even though I doubt I would use either) so I hope it stays that way!

I will mourn for you until the end of days female 23. Cry

(Also I too would like a few more short & simple cuts for the males!)

RE: Hairstyle voting begins! - rainichan - 09-04-2015

16 had my vote since I want longer styles (which I know are hard to implement because of clipping issues and other programming stuff) so it looks like it could be long hair tied up to look short which is fine by me.

Foxberry Wrote:There's a way to give feedback and inform people are displeased without making excuses to treat other people like crap because they're the artist of the hairstyle, saying they didn't deserve it- etc.

This. You can say "hey Yoshi-P, next time can we choose from more than just one? There were so many good ones I would love to see and this didn't feel like a good representation of them!" instead of "omg Yoshi-P and his team are idiots and don't know what good hairstyles are why would they do this" and much worse as I've seen. I hope they do see which hairstyles that have been posted in the "we didn't make it but lets show them off!" thread and try to implement some of them. Some are super cute.

RE: Hairstyle voting begins! - LiadansWhisper - 09-04-2015

(09-04-2015, 06:21 AM)Foxberry Wrote:

I'd have to agree with this as well.
I mean people can say all they want "I'm a paying customer!"; but that doesn't mean that it's cool to act like an arse about it. Not saying anyone specific in this thread; but rather I have seen the vitriol in general over this whole thing. There's a way to give feedback and inform people are displeased without making excuses to treat other people like crap because they're the artist of the hairstyle, saying they didn't deserve it- etc.

No one here said it was cool to "act like an arse" about it. I know you said you're not referring to anyone "specific," but if that's the case, why on earth did you quote what I said? Especially since no one even said it was ok to act like an ass. No one said that. Seriously.

Apologiesfor the huge quote. Android won't let me delete.

RE: Hairstyle voting begins! - Caspar - 09-04-2015

I just hope some kind soul looks at the double bun or side tie #1 and implores the rest of the design team to implement them.

RE: Hairstyle voting begins! - Desu Nee - 09-04-2015

I JUST WANT MY JOSUKE POMPADOUR.

IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?

LET ME LIVE MY DREAM SQUEENIX
[Image: 4615200-2667427923-tumbl.jpg]

RE: Hairstyle voting begins! - Fox - 09-04-2015

(09-04-2015, 03:51 PM)LiadansWhisper Wrote: No one here said it was cool to "act like an arse" about it. I know you said you're not referring to anyone "specific," but if that's the case, why on earth did you quote what I said? Especially since no one even said it was ok to act like an ass. No one said that. Seriously.

Because you aren't the only one who has said this. It's not about you. It wasn't about you and it wasn't quoted from you. Because as Rainichan and several others have said; we have seen this as a general behavior on the SE forums and on tumblr and other locations. And never once did I say that people are saying that in fact as I said; I even said I was not referring to specific people in this thread nor was Raini- it was a general comment on the behavior surrounding the contest. I would appreciate it if you did not twist my words or made out that I was lying; that's seriously not cool.

Edit: This being said, I've nothing more to say on this topic because I frankly don't want to argue on forums. I find it to be unproductive. So, have a good day.

Rainichan; I agree with your points and tip my hat to you.

RE: Hairstyle voting begins! - ProvaDiServo - 09-04-2015

(09-04-2015, 03:45 PM)rainichan Wrote: 16 had my vote since I want longer styles (which I know are hard to implement because of clipping issues and other programming stuff) so it looks like it could be long hair tied up to look short which is fine by me.

Foxberry Wrote:There's a way to give feedback and inform people are displeased without making excuses to treat other people like crap because they're the artist of the hairstyle, saying they didn't deserve it- etc.

This. You can say "hey Yoshi-P, next time can we choose from more than just one? There were so many good ones I would love to see and this didn't feel like a good representation of them!" instead of "omg Yoshi-P and his team are idiots and don't know what good hairstyles are why would they do this" and much worse as I've seen.
Can you link to the worst you've seen yet?

Because So far I'm not really clear on where the line on criticism is and I almost feel like we all are saying the same thing.

Because while this...
Quote:omg Yoshi-P and his team are idiots
may not be exactly the most formulated of responses

This....
Quote: Don't know what good hairstyles are.

I don't take issue with,

RE: Hairstyle voting begins! - V'aleera - 09-04-2015

We're probably not going to get to vote on anything player submitted again after this.