Hydaelyn Role-Players
Transferring to Balmung, thought I'd say hi. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Transferring to Balmung, thought I'd say hi. (/showthread.php?tid=13209)

Transferring to Balmung, thought I'd say hi. - Laike - 08-30-2015

Hey. You can call me Laike. I'm a Veteran rper, and honestly for the most part avoided MMO RP because it didn't seem deep enough. But then I decided to pull my head out of my ass and give it a try, because elitism doesn't getcha anywhere ya know?!

--MMORPG background
EQ, Wow, others. Honestly MMOs are hit or miss with me. The grind can get to me.

--RP experience
Vast. LARPing, Mushes, Forums, Table Top. You name it. Absolutely love to rp.

--Character ideas/info
Laike will be my first character. Oldest son of a deceased Farmer. Raised mostly by his mother. Ran from his community after murdering a merchant's son who tried to molest his sister. No justice for the poor and all that. Washed up in Limsa Lominsa, currently trying some way to clear his name while dealing with his anger at the 'unfair' world. Still has flashes of the innocent farm boy he used to be.

--How did you learn about the coalition?
Google I think?

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?
Heavy, but not adverse to going ooc if friends want to just get stuff done.

--Anything from real life you'€™re comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)
Aside from RPing, I'm a pretty well known costumer. Build armor sets, outfits, props. Kind of a neat past time really. Sadly, that mostly pays for itself so to survive I'm also a programmer.

Side note -
The one thing I've learned in my time rping is that the lion's share of my enjoyment comes not from realizing my own story, but by helping others realize theirs. I don't care who you are, what your background is. Gender, disposition whatever. If you can find a logical place to fit in Laike, I will build off of it. If he has to cowtow to your noble? Fine. If you need to kidnap him and threaten to slit his throat? Yay! If you want to promise him justice and rob him blind. Sounds fun! If you love him, hate him... It doesn't matter. As long as he's making your day more enjoyable and helping you understand something you might not have realized about your own character? I am perfectly satisfied!

I posted a small intro story on the IC forum, so feel free to check it out! Thanks!

RE: Transferring to Balmung, thought I'd say hi. - Roe Dad - 08-30-2015

Welcome I hope to RP with you someday!!

RE: Transferring to Balmung, thought I'd say hi. - Maril - 08-31-2015

Welcome aboard! Smile

RE: Transferring to Balmung, thought I'd say hi. - TheBlob - 08-31-2015

Sounds like a pretty interesting character to develop! Welcome to Balmung (soon)!

The world needs more angry farm boys!

RE: Transferring to Balmung, thought I'd say hi. - Laike - 09-01-2015

Update: Transfer is complete.

The character's name is Laike Kestrel. I'll be on tonight. Feel free to hit me up. I'd love to get to know some people!

RE: Transferring to Balmung, thought I'd say hi. - Lydia Lightfoot - 09-01-2015

Hiya Laike! Feel free to say hi to me in-game if you like (haha, i almost typed "if you laike").

RE: Transferring to Balmung, thought I'd say hi. - Oli! - 09-01-2015

Fresh blood???
[youtube]pHU6K47qgc8[/youtube]

Hello hi, try not to die

(you'll be fine)

RE: Transferring to Balmung, thought I'd say hi. - Warren Castille - 09-01-2015

(09-01-2015, 01:40 PM)Calliope Cloverbloom Wrote: Hiya Laike! Feel free to say hi to me in-game if you like (haha, i almost typed "if you laike").

Proposed story concept: Fall in with a band of well-meaning outcasts, named Kahmen and S'scryb.

EVERYONE WILL REMEMBER LAIKE, KAHMEN AND S'SCRYB!

I'll see myself out.

Hey now, you can't crush Laike's hopes and dreams!!

[sub]
That's my job....[/sub]

RE: Transferring to Balmung, thought I'd say hi. - Miko Shiroi - 09-01-2015

Ahaha. I always love to see other RPers willing to put their characters through some great misery for the sake of development!

Anyways, that aside, K'heyo is a fairly pleasant guy. I'd love to interact with your character sometime! K'heyo runs a host club free company (that also provides mercenary services) based out of Ul'dah just for some basis.

Feel free to /tell me in-game sometime or send me a PM on here! I'm often in-game on weekday evenings around 5/6 pm EST - 1-2am EST.

(09-01-2015, 02:10 PM)K Wrote: Ahaha. I always love to see other RPers willing to put their characters through some great misery for the sake of development!

Anyways, that aside, K'heyo is a fairly pleasant guy. I'd love to interact with your character sometime! K'heyo runs a host club free company (that also provides mercenary services) based out of Ul'dah just for some basis.

Feel free to /tell me in-game sometime or send me a PM on here! I'm often in-game on weekday evenings around 5/6 pm EST - 1-2am EST.
Oh man, a host club. Do you have the country bumpkin type. totally need to have a scene where Laike has no idea what he's getting in to....