Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Interest Check] Fighting Tourney, with a Plot? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: [Interest Check] Fighting Tourney, with a Plot? (/showthread.php?tid=13165)

Pages: 1 2

[Interest Check] Fighting Tourney, with a Plot? - Oli! - 08-26-2015

So, I know a lot of people here enjoy their IC fighting tournaments and stuff. I also happen to know that quite a few of us enjoy fighting games as well.

I forgot the exact particulars of how the concept arose, but somehow I got the idea in my head that it might be cool to do an IC fighting tournament, spaced out over the course of a few months or so, with fights in different locales around the world, and a plot straight out of Street Fighter. Before I went all the way with this, however, I wanted to see if anyone would actually be interested in this in the first place.

Without spoiling what I have for a plot so far, here's a few basic points that I would want to lay down for the sake of this (potential) event:

-- There will be no winner. The "final fight," should the plotline result in one, would be against the Big Bad of the setup.
-- There would be investigative elements, and fights are not set in stone. Players can bribe, throw, or otherwise disrupt the proceedings (as long as it's cleared with me first) in attempts to skew the plotline in one direction or another. Digging into background details and following up on leads is encouraged.
-- Since this would most likely be a large event divided into smaller scenes between individual people, there probably wouldn't be a 'master signup.' Instead, individual scenes would be coordinated between those involved for the sake of keeping things as confusion-free as possible.
-- A fighting system, if any, has not been decided upon at this time.
-- Alignments of all shades are welcome; those that enter to take advantage of whatever situations present themselves are just as welcome as the hero types that want to stop what's happening.
-- If you want to get involved in the plotline, but missed the "signup" portion of the tournament, it's entirely possible to get into things 'unofficially.'

If people would be interested in this sort of thing, I'll take further steps towards getting this in motion, which may involve reaching out to certain parties to see if they would be willing to take on certain roles. Those that serve a shadier side would most certainly be welcome / needed / appreciated, perhaps above all other roles, at this time.

So, I'm just putting this out there for now. If there's a reaction large enough to make this work, I'll make it happen.

RE: [Interest Check] Fighting Tourney, with a Plot? - Sin - 08-26-2015

Make it happen.

And count me in on my gladiator character.

I've been hoping for a more plot-oriented tournament for a while. I'd be more than willing to help you iron-out any kinks or anything you're trying to figure out.

Let me know.

RE: [Interest Check] Fighting Tourney, with a Plot? - Aaron - 08-26-2015

Im totally down for this dude. Do eeet

RE: [Interest Check] Fighting Tourney, with a Plot? - Sylentmana - 08-26-2015

Count me in if you need a medic character to patch up the tournament fighters.

RE: [Interest Check] Fighting Tourney, with a Plot? - Martiallais - 08-26-2015

I'd most definitely throw my warrior in on this. Cool

RE: [Interest Check] Fighting Tourney, with a Plot? - Gwenneth - 08-26-2015

I am more than willing to act as a friendly, neighborhood healer if so needed!  I adore things like this!

RE: [Interest Check] Fighting Tourney, with a Plot? - Okichi - 08-26-2015

I would be interested in bringing my Au Ra along for this. She's looking for more opportunities to hone her skills. The player who plays her sister is interested as well.

Kharanai and Sokhani Malqir.

RE: [Interest Check] Fighting Tourney, with a Plot? - Oli! - 08-27-2015

(08-26-2015, 11:29 AM)Sin Wrote: Make it happen.

And count me in on my gladiator character.

I've been hoping for a more plot-oriented tournament for a while. I'd be more than willing to help you iron-out any kinks or anything you're trying to figure out.

Let me know.

If I end up doing this and you really do want to help, I will definitely touch base!

This also goes to anyone else who thinks that they may want to help, as well.

RE: [Interest Check] Fighting Tourney, with a Plot? - I'nhalki - 08-27-2015

This would be awesome! I'd be down to organize a La Noscea/Limsa Lominsa event for the tournament. I love the fight from the Marauder questline down at the Salt Strand in the shallow water there. That might be a place with a good balance of easy accessibility and beauty.

RE: [Interest Check] Fighting Tourney, with a Plot? - Anthony Valron - 08-28-2015

Get me in on this. 

Anthony would love to rig fights, bribe people to take falls. Mm. Money.

RE: [Interest Check] Fighting Tourney, with a Plot? - Vitamin C - 08-28-2015

Orenji would love to participate on behalf of his sky pirates! Sounds incredibly rad.

RE: [Interest Check] Fighting Tourney, with a Plot? - Oli! - 08-29-2015

I've begun reaching out to people in this thread that have expressed interest in specific things, and will continue to do so. If you haven't gotten a message from me, it's coming. If it still doesn't come after a while, feel free to poke me about it instead just in case I forgot.

In other news, the next thing to figure out in terms of overall stuff is whether or not there will be a combat system, and if so, what will it be. If people want to speak up about what they're comfortable with, they're free to do that so I have as many factors as possible to take into consideration.

Stay tuned I suppose!

RE: [Interest Check] Fighting Tourney, with a Plot? - Artigan - 08-29-2015

Coeurl of Limsa, Pit fighter of Ul'dah, and all around Pugilist: you can count Artigan Schezar in for some good ol' fist-o-cuffs.

RE: [Interest Check] Fighting Tourney, with a Plot? - Val - 08-29-2015

The Turks that we RP would be more than happy to get in as a plot device, perhaps to hire particular fighters or try and skew things in a particular direction as shady, shadow-esque people in the background Big Grin

RE: [Interest Check] Fighting Tourney, with a Plot? - Eses Fafa - 08-29-2015

It's been a while since we've had a tournament event. Count me in!